Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shades of Love Genetics Challenge

Now Closed

All good things come to and end!
Thank you to everyone that played along. I have met some really cool players while playing the Shades of Love Challenge!

]

Comments

• strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited March 2012
    Looks great! :)

Can't wait to get started.
    lgpf7vn
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have this bookmarked so I can follow along! :)
  • LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited March 2012
    hey amadazul! im late, but i love this new idea, hopefully i'll be able to start, but i feel like rl will keep me busy. :/
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thank you gals. Jenn, Clairey and I worked together on this one. I hope you all enjoy following along or joing in when you get extra time. I think I am going to start tomorrow. All I have to do is get the sim genepool together but otherwise if you guys want you can pick one of the pre paired couples and start. Hopefully I will get the page finished tonight.

Luv I understand I know how hard it is to squeeze sim time in when RL is busy. I understand.

I really do miss you and Sapphire and Strelitziz in the challenge.
    ]
    edited March 2012
    I think I'm going to play Founder Family number 3. Am making a start on mine right now. :)

Quick question... Do we have to leave the house as it, i.e size/room wise, or can we add on to it at the start? Or are we only able to add on to it once the family have had/are expecting their first child?
    lgpf7vn
    edited March 2012
    Guess I'm the first to post pictures :)

River and Ariela got married as soon as they had moved into their new house.

screenshot6g.jpg

screenshot8mt.jpg

Their house.

Living area:

screenshot2ovd.jpg

Kitchen:

screenshotqt.jpg

Bathroom:

screenshot3mn.jpg

Bedroom:

screenshot4ii.jpg

screenshot5aew.jpg

Ariela is currently pregnant with their first child. I'm not sure how she's going to cope with that, seeing as she was the one who got the dislikes children trait. :lol: She spends most of her time riding her horse; Moon. (will post a picture of her next time)River is a social butterfly; always wanting to make new friends/chat to people, though I don't doubt it will be good for his political career. :)

Looking forward to seeing some pictures off you guys :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited March 2012
    This looks great amada!
    I will start on this soon and I think I will use family #2!

Strelitzia: River and Ariela look great, you didn't waste much time getting her pregnant!lol The house looks great:)
  • SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've never done a Genetics Challenge before, but this sounds like fun so I'll give this a go! I think I'll do family #2 and is it ok if we give the sims a makeover? Oh, and does it matter what family name they take up?
    110zzsw.gif
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited March 2012
    I think I'm going to play Founder Family number 3. Am making a start on mine right now. :)

Quick question... Do we have to leave the house as it, i.e size/room wise, or can we add on to it at the start? Or are we only able to add on to it once the family have had/are expecting their first child?

The house is yours to add to :) If you feel you need more space then go ahead and makes those changes! I will start on this sometime this week. Is there a pic thread?
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Jenn for answering the questions for me. :) I have been so busy today.
    I also left open 10 spots to be filled with more sims for the genepool. If you come across some good sims let me know.
    I decided not to have a picture thread. It seems like we all usually comment and talk on the picture thread.
    I also wanted to thank you and Clairey for your input, suggestions.

Strelitzia, the house looks really nice. I can't wait to see how baby #1 looks.

Sassy, It doesn't make a difference which name the family takes on. Go ahead and makeover away as long as you aren't changing facial features or skintones. :)

I am going to start tonight and I will be using family 1.

Don't forget to complete the challenges for each generation.
    ]
    edited March 2012
    Sassy, It doesn't make a difference which name the family takes on. Go ahead and makeover away as long as you aren't changing facial features or skintones. :)

OK thanks! ^___^
    110zzsw.gif
    edited March 2012
    So I moved in Lazaro and Daisy into the starter home in Twinbrook. They are like soo cute together <3 I put it on max freewill and the whole time they were flirting and rolling wants to kiss eachother! :3

2wggldd.jpg

2cgdmbn.jpg

There is a baby coming our way soon!

2hevcxd.jpg

I got Lazaro starting on inventing things and I think something went wrong while he was hammering a piece of junk . . .

333d369.jpg

bgdah2.jpg

10ero7m.jpg

Something's wrong with Daisy . . she's always looking out the windows. Maybe shes mad that I didn't get her a TV or something for her to do.

14npahh.jpg

So I got her a job at the City Hall. Her LTW is to become the president (:

zlyce9.jpg

And since she was already in-town I took her to the laundro-mat to do some laundry.

35hh55w.jpg

And guess who decided to show up!

34eakgw.jpg

I think she's scared that her future baby might have a bad fashion sense when it grows up.

345o2h0.jpg

Well, thats all I have for now. What do you guys think I should name the baby? I hope its a boy . . I want to marry it to Evie in the mate list. =^.^=
    110zzsw.gif
    edited March 2012
    Sassy, Lazaro and Daisy are so cute together. I can't wait to see the baby. I always like the name Allen for a boy or Annabelle for a girl. I like the picture of Daisy looking out of the window. That was a nice photo of her.

Well, getting ready to go play now. So hopefully there will be an update from me tomorrow.
    ]
    edited March 2012
    Sassy, Lazaro and Daisy are so cute together. I can't wait to see the baby. I always like the name Allen for a boy or Annabelle for a girl. I like the picture of Daisy looking out of the window. That was a nice photo of her.

Well, getting ready to go play now. So hopefully there will be an update from me tomorrow.

I know right? My photos are a little blurry though :/
    It's probably because I saved them as .jpg's not .png's.
    110zzsw.gif
  • Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited March 2012
    Sassy, your Lazaro and Daisy look great! I really like that hair you've put in Daisy, it's one of my faves:)
    They're so cute together! Mine aren't getting on very well:/ lol!
    Hopefully have an update soon:)
    edited March 2012
    Clairey900 wrote:
    Sassy, your Lazaro and Daisy look great! I really like that hair you've put in Daisy, it's one of my faves:)
    They're so cute together! Mine aren't getting on very well:/ lol!
    Hopefully have an update soon:)

Thanks! :3
    I love that hair too, it looks so pretty on blonde sims <3
    110zzsw.gif
    edited March 2012
    Okay, I had to choose a different family. I couldn't get one of the sims to download so I am now playing with family 3 and I should have an update tomorrow.
    ]
    edited March 2012
    They look so cute together Sassy. Can't wait to see the baby :)

That sucks, that you couldn't get them to install amadazulsim. Looking forward to your pictures :)

I have had a thought; for those who wish to play but don't want to use CC, would any of those who aren't opposed to it be willing to upload the sim for them? Obviously seeing as they aren't our creations they would have to be deleted again. I only use CC that I've downloaded, because I've had more than my fair share of CC that's messed up my game through downloading from the exchange, including some pesky bits and pieces that won't uninstall so I've had to do a complete reinstall. Just an idea.
    lgpf7vn
    edited March 2012
    strelitzia, I think most of the sims are cc free but if there is a particular sim that you want to use I can ask the creator to upload a cc free version. Otherwise I will try and upload the sim. I don't think any of my cc transfers. I uploaded Ebony and Ivory off my laptop that has cc and I don't believe any cc transfered. If it did someone let me know.
    ]
    edited March 2012
    Ok, so I have a tiny bit more pictures to share with you guys, its not much, but its better that nothing :3

So, I sent Lazaro to the junkyard to collect some scraps for his inventions and for this challenge he got.

jgqjh3.jpg

While he was there he found a tombstone and cried over some green dead lady.

14wxhde.jpg

They told him he was delivering scraps to toy factory . . yeah this doesn't look like a toyfactory.

2ufca6t.jpg

When he got home, Daisy decided to tell Lazaro the "big news".

149xslw.jpg

I dont think Lazaro is happy about it . . (he got the dislikes-children trait)

14ms3u0.jpg

Lazaro tried to give an apologic hug, I don't think Daisy forgave him.

rtdh05.jpg

I love all the pics Strelitzia and Sassy! :)

edited March 2012
    I love all the pics Strelitzia and Sassy! :)

Thanks ^_^
    110zzsw.gif
    edited March 2012
    I finaly have an update. :)

Ariela and River (his name in my game came up Nile) were best friends in college. They both were lovers of the arts. River is an starving artist and Ariela wants to be a singer. The two of them decided to move in together after college. Their friendship soon turned into a budding romance.

River and Ariela check out their new home.
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    I don't think she likes the light. lol
    Screenshot.jpg
    Some of the neighbors came over to welcome them to the neighborhood.
    Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg
    The house was so crowded River had to eat in the bathroom. Yuck!
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Even after all the guest left the two of them continued to party.
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    River is always making faces.
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Ariela and River spend alot of time at the library because right now they don't have enough money to buy a book case.
    Screenshot-10-19.jpg
    Ariela gets a job as telegram singer so they can have some type of income.
    Screenshot-11-19.jpg
    She is okay at it. :D
    Screenshot-12-15.jpg
    River spends his time at home painting and cooking.
    Screenshot-26-3.jpg

Screenshot-19-10.jpg
    I think the two of them are starting to fall in love with each other.
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-14-14.jpg

Screenshot-16-12.jpg
    I guess River wants to move the relationship to the next level.
    He proposes.
    Screenshot-15-12.jpg
    Well that is all for now.
    Happy Simming.
    ]
    edited March 2012
    They look great together, and I like their backstory. I see you got Showtime, how is it? I'm still not sure if I should get it. :)
    110zzsw.gif
    edited March 2012
    Thank you Sassy! I haven't really had a chance to play Showtime. So far I really like the interactions that I have used. If I wasn't so addicted to the sims I probably would have waited until it was cheaper but who am I kidding I always get them when they first come out. lol
    ]