Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constantly being robbed!

Not sure if this is related to Master Suite or whether my Sim just seems to attract cat burglars.... :cry:

I have installed a 'high security' fence, have two dogs who are on guard after 5.30pm in shifts, alarms, the security gate where you need to be buzzed in... why does my Sim keep getting knocked off? :? I tried moving as well and the sodding cat burglar still found my Sim.

Does anyone have any clues as to what I can do? :?:

Comments

• Options
    BlueLemonS_273BlueLemonS_273 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Try to lock your house(click on the door). :-o
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have Mastersuite, together with all the other stuff packs except the car one. I don't have any EPs. I haven't been burgled in forever. I have Hidden Valley - no burglars, and Barnacle Bay - no burglars. I have only a burglar alarm for security as well. I think it must be like the old Sims 1 game - as soon as you got a cat you were overrun by mice, and as soon as you started to garden, enter the crop destroying conies. Perhaps the more security you install the more burglars will try it on.....
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited March 2012
    MerryWiddow always suggests putting the alarm outside the fence so as soon as the burglar steps onto your lot he is caught.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    Was it happening before you had the dogs start guarding the house?

I get robbed a lot more when I tell the dogs to guard the house.
  • Options
    ArtyfaxArtyfax Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the advice - and yes I do lock the door.... - shall put a few of these suggestions into action and see what happens. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well since this is in the MS section, I can only assume that burglar just can't resist trying to catch a peek at your Sim in her new undies! Think about it...what happens when the burglar comes? The alarm goes off and every one runs to the front room wearing WHAT? That's right...their jammies and undies!
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited March 2012
    Put an alarm on either end of the fence at the end of your lot. Lock doors.

Have you tried fighting the burglar?
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2012
    i was getting robbed like that before I got Mastersuites
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yahtzami wrote:
    Well since this is in the MS section, I can only assume that burglar just can't resist trying to catch a peek at your Sim in her new undies! Think about it...what happens when the burglar comes? The alarm goes off and every one runs to the front room wearing WHAT? That's right...their jammies and undies!

LOL! Oh my, what a sly devil. :shock:
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited March 2012
    My sister and I both get robbed literally every single time the dogs guard the house, which is why I don't do it.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ArtyfaxArtyfax Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks everyone - basically crime free now! :) And Yahtzami - never thought of that angle....what a sheltered life I lead! Made me laugh though :D
  • Options
    AkitaAinuAkitaAinu Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I don't actually have pets although I am called AkitaAinu because I love akitas to death (weird someone took the name anywhere else I went). Anyway, I have simbots patrolling the perimeter of the house/villa/mansion (I don't really know what it is) I've found that just having my 1 lifetime rewards simbot really ups security as it doesn't need to cook or shower.

I've found that when it fights, it usually wins, especially when I give it some athletic skill. Also, consider evicting the burglar or robbing his/her house or just smashing it up!

Or you could build a club over his house :twisted:
  • Options
    Conkeygirl_09Conkeygirl_09 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2012
    i know this isnt about being robbed but i dont know where to go. Ijust played my Sims 3 last night and its a combination of master suite, gernerations, ambitions, late night, and world adventures. I save my game and the shut down my computer but when i got up this morning and went to play it says something is wrong with the twinbrook world and i shoul restart the apllication. I have done that 3 times and still havent fixed the problem. HELP :cry::( :thumbdown:
  • Options
    HowrseFooHowrseFoo Posts: 200
    edited July 2012
    i know this isnt about being robbed but i dont know where to go. Ijust played my Sims 3 last night and its a combination of master suite, gernerations, ambitions, late night, and world adventures. I save my game and the shut down my computer but when i got up this morning and went to play it says something is wrong with the twinbrook world and i shoul restart the apllication. I have done that 3 times and still havent fixed the problem. HELP :cry::( :thumbdown:
    Probably this should be put in the technical forum.
    I've had the same problem as well :/
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited July 2012
    take your dogs off guarding, that's what draws the burgles.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    HotBlackBabeHotBlackBabe Posts: 250
    edited July 2012
    Just use testingcheatsenabled true and shift click on the burglar and delete him. It may be cheating or w/e but if you want rid of him, do that.
  • Options
    sundaekittie3333sundaekittie3333 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    For me, locking the door and fences doesn't work so I have burglar alarms everywhere and nothing in my front yard :cry:. I also have to make sure my back yard is secure by fencing it in completely. :roll:
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited April 2014
    My Sim has a fence in back yard, I keep the front door locked - and I still got robbed. The cat burglar stole my Sim's van.
  • Options
    SimSomeSimsSimSomeSims Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    I don't have Master Suite (or anything with dogs, for that matter), but I've been robbed just about twice in a row recently- coincidentally, since my sim got a new job.

It might also be worth pointing out that my sim also got abducted by aliens starting at the same time and then almost got abducted again, but it probably isn't. Also, my house has lots of valuable paintings/sculptures on the lot, so I suppose that might have attracted the burglar somehow.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    There is a formula for when your house is subject to theft. You have to have so much income and your house has to be worth so much. And everyone has to be in bed at the time the burglars arrive and so on. So your MS stuff probably pushed the value over the trigger point.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Old thread but to anybody having a burglar issue the solution is simple,Bonehilda will 100 percent of the time beat the crap out of any burglar coming to rob you.This is not a joke the Bonehilda coffin from SN is the only security you need.If you want them arrested after then sure put an alarm in your house but bonehilda is what works.Try it you will see.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    If you have Supernatural, Bonehilda will always fight the burglars. Glad the tips helped, these boards are great :)
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Old thread but to anybody having a burglar issue the solution is simple,Bonehilda will 100 percent of the time beat the crap out of any burglar coming to rob you.This is not a joke the Bonehilda coffin from SN is the only security you need.If you want them arrested after then sure put an alarm in your house but bonehilda is what works.Try it you will see.
    Really? >:)

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    lmao Bonehilda
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    Yahtzami wrote: »

I guess that is better than running out while your nude..some people do sleep in the nude. lol...

A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.