Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆~ KLorelei's Works In Progress ~☆ Villa di Fiori ♦♦ Mysticdiva2 ♦♦ p.30

Comments

• Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited February 2013
    Request for djsklr is complete -Halliwell Manor

iCUCA3lWAvLG5.png

iUDGYxj4GiZGm.jpg

iBPYo3ttKXY6C.jpg

ioPXJvhXKxKyi.jpg

ihs5jVVa0zrlm.jpg

ibwa5mM4VJ8RYl.jpg

ieIuaZPvcraT6.jpg

i3ECRGQMX1WNw.jpg

ibp1dfa0iSphuS.jpg

ibgUOTMgftfwrX.jpg

ibkAZwQiqpusKb.jpg

iV7T37vQw2OGd.jpg

iDW9R9ppSqu72.jpg

ibkKqUOVN3YLVg.jpg

ibmqOf0tXBGFDV.jpg

iVsClC66fhEpE.jpg

ibwk5BBOM2518H.jpg

ibukp60C7QnejA.jpg

iM9tiw3pVXvBF.jpg

ibcDWrLH0V5eVH.jpg

ii8GmLMrfERrD.jpg

iblnhCCSzi3v89.jpg

ibwbXKTcuRgdyP.jpg

i5Bh9PzfX7MWh.jpg

ibrn1K1rF4uLmc.jpg

iHPKkuOPnKcBr.jpg

iu4nAWE28Rwog.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited February 2013
    WOW! I got to recreate this house for a request back in September, and your's is simply amazing!
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2013
    GORGEOUS! DRF from me, and WHEN am I going to find time to play in all these beautiful houses my teammates keep making? :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's stunning sweetie. So much detail and character. Brilliant job, recaroo'd :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    WOW! I got to recreate this house for a request back in September, and your's is simply amazing!

Thank you Data that's a huge compliment coming from someone else who had to tackle copying this design! The floorplan gave me fits, I had a difficult time deciding what areas to compromise on to get the size/rooms/placement just right. If only we had split level stairs like in sims 2! *cries*

lol
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    GORGEOUS! DRF from me, and WHEN am I going to find time to play in all these beautiful houses my teammates keep making? :D

Thank you Zoo, getting a DRF from you just totally made my day! And I'm right there with you, I have no clue how/when I'm going to find the time to play with everyone's amazing creations! So much simming to do, so little time!
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited February 2013
    WOW, that is a beautiful piece of work, the interior is stunning, so beautifully laid out and so appealing. I don't actually watch Charmed but I have always loved that type of home with lots of those French type doors and long colonial windows. Off to Rec :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited February 2013
    KLorelei wrote:
    DataHead wrote:

Thank you Data that's a huge compliment coming from someone else who had to tackle copying this design! The floorplan gave me fits, I had a difficult time deciding what areas to compromise on to get the size/rooms/placement just right. If only we had split level stairs like in sims 2! *cries*

lol

I made my own split level stairs, which took FOREVER to get to work right. I had never seen the show, so I didn't really know what the interior was supposed to look like. Now, after seeing a couple of episodes, I kind of look at my version thinking 'well, I guess that extra room over there wasn't so important' :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It's stunning sweetie. So much detail and character. Brilliant job, recaroo'd :mrgreen:

Thank you kindly EP! *hugs*
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited February 2013
    Very nice house ! :) So many details in it! Very lovely inside, and very nice looking outdoors areas. Beautufully furnished and very nice shades of coloiurs and paterns you used. Great home! :)
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hello KL!

Halliwell Manor looks amazing! I really like the trees and landscaping and the overall feel of the house! It definitely fits the feel of Moonlight Falls! Rec'd and Faved! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Will
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    MAGNIFICENT! You did an awesome job to this house. you because it is truely a difficult build. Running off to Rec.!
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh
    My
    Gorgeousness!!

Rec'd and faved!

Wow!

T

And I love your new swanky avi!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    WOW, that is a beautiful piece of work, the interior is stunning, so beautifully laid out and so appealing. I don't actually watch Charmed but I have always loved that type of home with lots of those French type doors and long colonial windows. Off to Rec :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you Glenkarri! I didn't really watch the show either but I have seen a few episodes so between that and the available pics on the web, I was able to reconstruct (or attempt to, really, lol) most of the rooms.
  • Options
    gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Love Love Love the new Manor!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    KLorelei wrote:
    DataHead wrote:

lol

I made my own split level stairs, which took FOREVER to get to work right. I had never seen the show, so I didn't really know what the interior was supposed to look like. Now, after seeing a couple of episodes, I kind of look at my version thinking 'well, I guess that extra room over there wasn't so important' :lol:

Haha! Keep in mind though that it was filmed mostly on a sound stage, the house was really only used as the exterior, so they took a lot of liberties in the show with how proportions would work. And that is why it has any of us who are trying to re-create it totally pulling out our hair! lol And yeah, I used friezes and CFE to do the multilevel stairs, but I hate the warped walls that inevitably happen. I pine for ease of the sims 2 stairs, heh.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Very nice house ! :) So many details in it! Very lovely inside, and very nice looking outdoors areas. Beautufully furnished and very nice shades of coloiurs and paterns you used. Great home! :)

Thank you Rose! I can't take credit for most of the color schemes and patterns/design, as I was emulating the look of the interiors in the show as best I could given what we have to work with in Sims 3. Though I will admit having to use some tricks here or there to make some semblance of an approximation because goodness knows an exact copy wasn't going to happen. ^_~
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited February 2013
    Gorgeous build Klorelei, I love your colour combinations and layout. :D
    Left a rec. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm in love! Magnificent recreation!! :) :thumbup:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    Such a pretty house Lorelei! :D Love the architecture! Those cornices are a real feature. Love the garden. The pool area looks fantastic. Inside, I adore that sun room. Great placement of windows! Great job Lorelei! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited February 2013
    :D great replica :D love that you even put in the spell book and the Nexus in the basement for The Shadow :wink: rec'd of course
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    Hello KL!

Halliwell Manor looks amazing! I really like the trees and landscaping and the overall feel of the house! It definitely fits the feel of Moonlight Falls! Rec'd and Faved! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Will

Thank you Will, a rec and a fave is a huge compliment. ^_^
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gngrsnp wrote:
    MAGNIFICENT! You did an awesome job to this house. you because it is truely a difficult build. Running off to Rec.!

Thank you gngr! (and yeah, it almost feels like a club - those of us who have had to wrangle with these particular house plans - we survived! lol)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh
    My
    Gorgeousness!!

Rec'd and faved!

Wow!

T

And I love your new swanky avi!

Thank you dear Taryn! And my new avi is actually an "old" swanky avi - she's a Valentine's themed sim I made a couple of years ago, when the 20's style sets first came out. Thought she deserved another run in honor of the holiday. ^_^