Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why entertain for a party? Just hire one!!!

I just read this in Simsvip.com, awesomeness
If attending gigs isn’t really your thing, maybe you just want to hire a magician for your kid’s birthday party, or a DJ for a teen house party. You can hire DJs, magicians, singers, and acrobats from the “call for services” menu. You can also hire a Sing-a-gram from the phone, to deliver a message to someone special.
OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

Comments

• JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2012
    That's very cool. Maybe now my parties won't be so lame.
  • DiswanaDiswana Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:

Agreed. Actually I'm hoping this means my sims can be less of a host at their parties, as bad as that may sound. Sometimes I want them to focus on talking to one or two guests, not the ten people they invited over.
  • Secret_SimmerSecret_Simmer Posts: 59
    edited February 2012
    That sounds fun. My parties are always boring.
  • dash3001dash3001 Posts: 639 Member
    edited February 2012
    I skip parties because there's not much to do. Not anymore! Just as with Gen which gave me a reason to throw a wedding, I'll now throw a party!!
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2012
    wish there was strippers available for bachelor/bachelorette party :mrgreen:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited February 2012
    Mashimar0 wrote:

well generations has "dancers" who wear little to nothing!
  • PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    edited February 2012
    That's about as scandalous as it gets with a T rating, plus it's almost an ode back to the lady in a big cake from sims 1.
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2012
    Fun, my kids are gunna have nice birthdays from now on!!!!
    353235_b.jpg
  • mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited February 2012
    Pahpay wrote:
    That's about as scandalous as it gets with a T rating, plus it's almost an ode back to the lady in a big cake from sims 1.

almost! gosh I miss those days :?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2012
    Remember now if you call a dj you will need a dj booth. That's the way it is when you call a mixologist. You have to have a bar at home or they leave.
  • williamobengwilliamobeng Posts: 106 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Omg, wow now all my parties will be far from extreme! Has anyone heard of any of the male hairstyles?
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh cool I didn't know we also get these careers as NPCs. :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2012
    I can only hope parties your sims are invited to will have entertainment like this now. I love it when townies invite my sims to parties but usually their boring not even to a radio.
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't know about you guys , but I've had (and still do) too much fun already with the bachelor/ette parties. The guests wear the most funny ourfits, men usually take them off at some point, they love dancing on the counters, they gather around to watch the dancers and then chit chat with them, and usually randomply pass out.
    Plus they seem to have so much fun that I have still guests in the house the next morning when my sims have to go to work.
    And I've never even hired a mixologist. Just the regular bar and my host serves a few drinks every now and then.
    Hiring a DJ, Singer , magician or acrobat is going to take this in a whole new lvl

ETA: forgot to memtion the random sparying with "Fizzy Juice" or however the champagne is called. which is hillarious to see, especially when the target is a sim that I though as kinda the "serious" type
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited February 2012
    Finally something to zazz up the parties. I usually throw them on community lots because it's such a mess throwing them at home.

Especially if your sims lives in a starter home. I'll actually have a reason to throw a kid's party and the sing-a-gram gives me more ways to romance that sim my sim have been ogling all this time. ;)

I wonder if you can send a sim that's throwing a party a sing-a-gram instead of having to make an appearance.
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm gonna have a DJ for my weddings now for absolute sure. That is so awesome, I'm excited, so ummm.... can I still hire a bartender for a party if I'm hiring a DJ; cause I want both at my weddings that's for sure. :D

Acrobats, now that would very interesting for a party, but I definitely want DJ's and Magicians at my parties.

I'm so losing over the idea of having a DJ at my weddings, That means I won't have to be so concerned with the music and all, less for me to do.

Looks like I'll be needing to build more wedding and teen/child party venues.
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just thought of something, I wonder if we have to set up a stage for the magician if we call em for a party. Or is it gonna be simply a MIME.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited February 2012
    Kail16 wrote:
    I'm gonna have a DJ for my weddings now for absolute sure. That is so awesome, I'm excited, so ummm.... can I still hire a bartender for a party if I'm hiring a DJ; cause I want both at my weddings that's for sure. :D

Acrobats, now that would very interesting for a party, but I definitely want DJ's and Magicians at my parties.

I'm so losing over the idea of having a DJ at my weddings, That means I won't have to be so concerned with the music and all, less for me to do.

Looks like I'll be needing to build more wedding and teen/child party venues.

Great idea! I'll add a DJ Booth and stage to my wedding community lot.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited February 2012
    That's really great news, now maybe my sims parties will be fun. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited February 2012
    I hope this also means wehn you get invited to someone elses party they are more lively .

Normally when my sim attends one of those the host goes to bed as soon as my sim arrives and the rest do nothing apart from the occasional one that has a drumkit in his pockets .

Normally the most exciting part of the evening is a vampire dying of hunger & the visit of grimmy. Happens at almost every party my sim attends
  • Mario2196Mario2196 Posts: 299
    edited August 2012
    Hey guys, So i just want to throw a wedding party. As I have Showtime, I want to entertain my guest with a Singer. Are they high level singers or novice ones?
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    mosneakers wrote: »
    Mashimar0 wrote:

well generations has "dancers" who wear little to nothing!

You just have to get the right mod. I find it interesting that the dancers (the ones I've talked with anyway) have always had the 'Never Nude' trait. As a nudist, I find that annoying, the biggest reason I kept the mod.
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hi @MadDoctor61, we'll close this thread as a necropost. Please post on newer threads, or create your own ones when you want a discussion on a subject if there isn't a thread already open.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top