Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Friends for Simport? Come Here!

Comments

• dreamyaridreamyari Posts: 41 Member
    @--ginafz9l- Super valid, and as somebody with zero fashion sense, CAS in TS4 was a nightmare for me to deal with because of the lack of freedom of being able to stick to one specific colour palette etc.
    I understand your building preferences, I'm not very good at building myself but enjoy decorating. I think if TS3 had a more accessible build mode I would practice more but I just can't cope with that roofing system so I'll be sticking to building my boxes lol. Maybe I'll use TS4 to exclusively practice building now, hmm.
    ☆ it is only with the heart that one can see rightly ★
    ❀ advocate + founder of TS3 Renaissance
    - they/them -
    TS3 username; britishpinkkitty
    ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ ʟᴇɢᴀᴄʏ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
  • --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    @dreamyari huh, now that's an idea. Use TS4's superior build mode to create essentially a mockup house, then rebuild it best you can in TS3 now you have a visual guide to work off of.
  • dreamyaridreamyari Posts: 41 Member
    @--ginafz9l- wait you're so powerful.. I can continue to enjoy my favourite part of TS4, and use it to improve my skills in TS3 and transfer the knowledge over. Thank you legend
    ☆ it is only with the heart that one can see rightly ★
    ❀ advocate + founder of TS3 Renaissance
    - they/them -
    TS3 username; britishpinkkitty
    ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ ʟᴇɢᴀᴄʏ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    More & more all the time! 🤣🤣
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Oh yeah! I'm very much still a S3 addict. I read an interesting article a few days ago about how many players are reverting back to S3. Steam also has applications (if you run your games thru them) to help with lag. I hope these forums stay up for a long time. Sims 3 is definitely not going away anytime soon. B)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    Oh yeah! I'm very much still a S3 addict. I read an interesting article a few days ago about how many players are reverting back to S3. Steam also has applications (if you run your games thru them) to help with lag. I hope these forums stay up for a long time. Sims 3 is definitely not going away anytime soon. B)

I would be interested in that article!
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    bluzkat65 wrote: »

I would be interested in that article!

I will look for it. It popped up on my Google news.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I’d be interested in that article too. I play The Sims 3 on Steam. I love it. I wish TS2 & The Sims Medieval were on Steam.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • LovelyBones14LovelyBones14 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I am still an active player of the Sims 3. I might be a new member to this forum but I have been playing the Sims 3 since 2009. :)

Although I must mention that I have been dormant for three years because of college and personal problems, but what sparked my interest to play again recently is because of this lightbulb moment that drove to me make a world project in Create-A-World tool.

So right now, I am remodeling and giving Bridgeport a HUGE makeover. Basically, this project of might is a reimagination what the city would look like the in 1980s before its destruction in the Great Earthquake.

(Dunno if the earthquake is canon but I only assumed the earthquake happened because if you play Bridgeport at default, you can see that some roads in the industrial area are below the sea level and if you pan the camera to the mountainous areas around the city outskirts, there are remnants of a landslide and road blockings).

Anyways, happy simming to everyone! :))
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Nope...there's no activity here in these forums. What activity you're seeing is just an illusion. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I just started playing the Sims 3 yesterday, after giving it a go. I'm one of the few people on here who has played 4 obsessively first, and then decided to try out 3 afterward, so I'm going to be biased in favor of 4 as that was the game that introduced me to the series officially so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Some of my first impressions:
    • Open world is the best part of the game. I love seeing one of my Sims go out, seeing them at the library, and then instantaneously going back to my home and looking at my other Sims.
    • Autonomous actions consistent with the Sim's personality occur much more often, and I feel like neat Sims feel more neat while bookworms will read books more often than they do in the Sims 3.
    • In this game, I feel like Sims are more content in general than they are grumpy than Sims 4 (but then again, I have Meaningful Stories installed in Sims 4). Only rare occasions when their needs are super low during work do I feel like that's the point where they are blegh.
    • Zombies are annoying, they killed my plants! A fence with a locked gate solved the problem, so they just stand outside growling. I really wish I can make a Sim go out and just yell at them.
    • One of my Sims isn't very sociable, he finds a lot of conversations boring. I guess you have to do activities with him than attempt talking to him to build relationship. The hot-headed one was less social than the solitude, loner one which I found weird.
    • Sims 3 runs sloppy, much more sloppy than Sims 4 does. Especially in CAS, where things take an eternity to load and it's annoying swapping between outfits.
    • CAS has overall worse options than Sims 4 does. You can't keep your hair when picking a hat for starters. And clothes organization is worse. No search functionality for Sims 3 Build/Buy is also annoying and worse than Sims 4.
    • Create-A-Style is amazing and I adore it.
    • Radios don't break in this game, and they blare at louder volumes. Upgrade from Sims 4 where they have a nasty habit of breaking like every other day. I love spamming radios in my house. Reggae Carnival Style is so catchy.
    • "Accuse of being a diva" is the most random and out of nowhere mean interaction I had ever seen and my sister and I made it an inside joke between us.
    • One of my unplayed Sims had a career that I felt doesn't suit him as soon as I started playing as him! Argh! Forced him to quit it.
    • Fighting has a funnier win/lose animation than Sims 4, though Sims 4 has the better fight animation.
    • Sims yelling at the sky when an appliance breaks is the most hilarious thing out there. Them reacting at all to an appliance that just broke is an upgrade from 4.

So far, liking the game a lot! I'm drawn to it!
    A1hnP0t.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Some of my first impressions:
    • Sims 3 runs sloppy, much more sloppy than Sims 4 does. Especially in CAS, where things take an eternity to load and it's annoying swapping between outfits.
    On the CAS thing, some of this is going to depend on how much content you have. It only gets worse as you add more. Running the game on an SSD can help reduce CAS catalog build lag tremendously (as well as Build/Buy and pattern loading). But if you happen to be running on a standard HDD, of course it's usually not possible to snap your fingers and change hard drive types.

If/when you embrace mods, NRaas MasterController has Compact View options for clothes, accessories, hats that can reduce the catalog build lag to almost nothing, again depending on how much content you have, by reducing the usually three item presets into one square each. The presets can still be accessed from within CASt (Create a Style).

There are also several other NRaas mods available to help with the overall sloppy feeling of the game by fixing and preventing data and game process issues along the way that EA never bothered to fix. Plus we have many tips for improving the game's performance that don't directly involve mods, in case you aren't already familiar with these.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

But in any event, welcome to TS3 even if you are actually, you know, a Diva. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Thank you so much for the assistance! My sister was the one who installed the Sims 3 in her computer, and she seemed to be far ahead of me already when I told her about your suggestions, where Overwatch was already installed (I even assumed that the object and junk deletion was actually part of the game rather than a mod doing it lol) on top of having NRaas installed and its compact view options done already. :)
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m playing both the Sims 3 and 4 at the moment. I like both games for different reasons. I just went through a rough patch with TS4 because the bugs never get fixed in a timely manner but it caused me to try TS3 and now I’m hooked and trying to juggle my time between the two games. :D

I love the open world of TS3. The gameplay is much more engaging and the autonomy seems a lot better. I only have the base game and world adventures installed and the first stuff pack. I’m wanting to experience everything slowly and kind of in the order they were released. I’m excited for seasons and generations to be installed cause I’m a big family player and I know both are good for that. I’m already attached to my sims and can’t wait for their family to grow and evolve over time and to experience all that the game has to offer with them.
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    i’m back to being pretty active!!! my laptop was never really able to handle all of the packs and store content i have but my boyfriends computer can!!! so i play almost everyday now :))
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    I still playing the sims but not online
  • Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    The Sims 4 is broken for me due to the Winterfest bug that happened after the last hotfix. So, here I am playing the Sims 3 again and loving it. I just bought a couple Worlds I didn't own and plan to keep playing. I had forgotten how much I love this game.
  • CurondhilCurondhil Posts: 3 New Member
    I know I'm a bit late to the party, but still...
    Anyone still playing this game? I need friends please :D
    Add: Curondhil
  • CurondhilCurondhil Posts: 3 New Member
    Please add me :) name: Curondhil
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited November 2020
    CursedDice wrote: »
    Yes. I've come back to it. Finding it more fun than 4. Anyone know where I can find a CC trampoline?
    @CursedDice, Yes, I know the question is more than an year old, But was just offering this one if she didn't like the one that came in game with Ambitions.

https://erschsims.tumblr.com/post/90547141933/erschsims-circus-trampoline-decor-by-ersel/amp - one for Sims 3...that's more of a circus trampoline.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Tiff4sythe I’m in the same boat lol! But I have been playing sims 3 since it came out. My user name on the sims 3 is JadeRuncie feel free to add me
    Post edited by DarkLady2788 on
  • SamThedreamerSamThedreamer Posts: 4 New Member
    Add me
  • SamThedreamerSamThedreamer Posts: 4 New Member
    samsamdreamer
  • chellexmariechellexmarie Posts: 279 Member
    feel free to add me also, recently became active again with TS3... name is chellexmarie :]
  • NaravethNaraveth Posts: 5 New Member
    Returned to Sims3 about half a year ago and deleted my entire friendlist because no one was active. (╥﹏╥)
    I have Showtime and Supernatural so I can help with both as well as gifts. My name is the same as here: Naraveth
    Feel free to add me. I'm not online everyday because... well work and studies (ง︡'-'︠)ง but I'm online at least once a week.
    So happy to see that the community isn't dead (っ ͡⚈ ᴗ ͡⚈)っ🎔

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top