Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• MarmaniR93MarmaniR93 Posts: 5
    edited April 2012
    Hello,

I've had problems with my Sims 3 since the Pets expansion pack. I am just at my rope's end with this game's malfunctions. I can now no-longer play anything because anytime I try to save at any point I get, our favorite message, Error Code 12. If anyone has any suggestions on what could be going wrong I would really love the help. I have two sims and two dogs. The Problem seems to have started when I got my two dogs, but I have no idea anymore. I'm not running any mods, and I only have The Sims 3 Store content with my Fresh Prince vehicles, which are all updated.

My system specs are:
    Apple iMac
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
    Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

If you need any more information, feel free to ask...I just really need help.
  • PixelTracyPixelTracy Posts: 15 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Hi.

I have searched and read and clicked until my eyes bleed and my brain explodes.

I am not very technical when it comes to anything game technical. (I'm a plug and play kinda girl)

My sims3 is having issues, it crashes and just restarts my pc about 10minutes into playing! I've checked all CC and nothing is popping. I've run without CC and still my pc will just restart itself once I start playing.

This is ruining my simming life!! Is there anybody out there that can help me with this?

I have all EP & Stuff packs, i'm updated to latest patch. I have win7 and a graphics card/pc system that is Nasa quality.
  • s0xquisites0xquisite Posts: 14 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Was wondering if there was a resolution to the limited cooking options my sims have since 1.32/1.33?

"After 1.32 my newly created sim could only cook waffles, autumn salad, mac and cheese, and hot dogs, even after leveling cooking to level 3. I bought new recipes and my sim read them but was not added. Also under he cooking journal the new recipe was not there nor other lower level recipes such as pancakes. The option is not greyed out it just plain isn't there. I have yet to find any suggestions or resolutions but I have seen others state this issue as well. I reinstalled everything and I have no mods. My computer is a windows 7. The files that i had saved prior to 1.32 still had full cooking options. I am now updated to 1.33 and no resolution. Please if anyone can help me on this issue. Thanks in advance!"

• s0xquisites0xquisite Posts: 14 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Never mind disregard. I fixed the problem using NRAAS's Mastercontroller, my cooking for some reason was set auotmatically to (-1), now i changed it to level 2.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited April 2012
    Here is the video of the glitch that I mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSCjkDiccDg

I noticed that the blank thumbnails of the Lifetime Wish completed messages only occur if you have a Lifetime Wish that is career related. Becca's thumbnail wasn't blank since her Lifetime Wish wasn't career related while Urblake's was.

Edit: Here are glitches that I still have in my game.

* The Sims 3 Town Life objects are still displayed with The Sims 3 Outdoor Living icon. (An issue since The Sims 3 Pets)
    * Buy Mode music may play in Live Mode. I had to exit the game and restart it.
    * I still have the blank thumbnail problem (Even after reinstalling The Sims 3), see this YouTube video for information. (Has been present since Showtime was released; hope this is fixed on the next update or Stuff Pack)
    *You cannot pick up the Tree of Prosperity if it has fruit. (A glitch?)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't know if this is a glitch with the game, a patch or whatever but after installing Showtime and the current patches I started playing and I noticed when in neighborhood view I couldn't see any of the neighbors' avatars when I would hover the cursor over their homes.
    And on vacation I didn't see the Special merchant as she would travel around the area. I had removed all my mods so it wasn't caused by them.
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2012
    i know you said you werent gonna answer many more questions but if ANYONE who veiws this can just check this updating issue out that im having it would be greatly appreciated

thanks all

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/523865.page#8145325
  • Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited April 2012
    Always missing the scrolling menu for me on the maps, so I can't set a lot to be a private club or a coffee house.. I've to place the ones created by EA, and modify them by this way.. I've tested without any mods or cc, by just letting the game create a new TS3 folder. I don't know why I haven't got this scrolling menu :roll:
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited April 2012
    MarmaniR93 ......I don't think anyone has gotten to your question yet.

I've had Error Code 12 too upon saving. It's my personal experience that it's a bloated, saved game file. Have you looked at the file size of you saved game? Also, look at your saved file, it probably ends with FileNameHere.bad this means your file is now corrupt. For me, resorting to the .backup file of my saved game didn't work either as it also resorted to Error Code 12 after playing. Sadly, memories is one of the biggest reasons for file bloating.

One of the things I can recommend is a mod by Twallan (MasterControler) which allows you to totally disable the memories from piling up in your game. It also gives you the ability of deleting any memories from the town sims, if you so wish to do so.

I suggest you start a new game/town and attempt to control the file bloating either manually (if you don't want mods), or seek out a Mod like many of us have in order to be able to continue to play this game.
    MarmaniR93 wrote:
    Hello,

I've had problems with my Sims 3 since the Pets expansion pack. I am just at my rope's end with this game's malfunctions. I can now no-longer play anything because anytime I try to save at any point I get, our favorite message, Error Code 12. If anyone has any suggestions on what could be going wrong I would really love the help. I have two sims and two dogs. The Problem seems to have started when I got my two dogs, but I have no idea anymore. I'm not running any mods, and I only have The Sims 3 Store content with my Fresh Prince vehicles, which are all updated.

My system specs are:
    Apple iMac
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
    Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

If you need any more information, feel free to ask...I just really need help.
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have come across another issue. I cannot find any butterflies in my game. I am playing in Starlight Shores with the same family I started the new game with. I have store content, all ep's and HEL and OL stuff. I have a Windows 7 x64 pc that exceeds the min. requirements. I cannot find any with the collection helper, it only shows bugs/beetles and glow flies. I have a teenage daughter that has an opportunity to collect a certain number of butters, but she is unable to do so. In map view they show up but when clicked to zoom in there is nothing there! I really hope this gets fixed. The butters are my favorite thing to collect! I will try a new game in the same town and see if I have the same issue.

I have the same problem.
    Also gems and stones have disappeared.
    And if I start a new game, I can't see anything: no butterflies, no gems, no fishes, ecc. ecc..
    It is very annoying!! :thumbdown:
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    edited April 2012
    Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? NO
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I remnomeved them befor uninstalling the game
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? didnt add them back
    5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? showtime
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ? 1.33
    7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ?on 1.33 no never had them
    8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? Yes
    9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? new
    10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?ss i have NO custom, content including eas own sold to me sets and items it was a clean reinstall as done in the link you provided
    11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) win 7
    12. Did you disable SimPort ?yes
    13. Did you disable the Social Features ? yes never loged in also tried loged in
    OK my main problems are regular gigis do not become avalible at aloted time wither sim is at home or at the venue and the stage shows no options for set up. Abilty to ring anyone on phone with one sim missing canot cancel more than on gig.. my sims are vamps one singer one magician as I said befor I delited and completly removed sims 3 and ALL Eps ccs mods and stor content used cceleaner to clean up defraged updated origen and then reinstalled has mad no difrence at all
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2012
    @Nh6650: I find those big venues a pain. Were you able to get rid of it by now ?

@Jazmyne4u2: If you click on user directory it takes you to another blog entry which explains what is meant by user directory for each OS. The Crash Logs will be MyDocuments\electronicarts\thesims3 directly.

@catloverplayer: I'll add the photo booth one

@Vuneca: Resetting the unicorn may help or moving out or back in or use ErrorTrap or MasterController (reset with Mastercontroller does a little more than the cheat).

@catloverplayer: I'll add.

Can you try a new game to see if you have the same issues ?

@WinMacSims3: I get those empty ones from time to time but some just take very long to load. You might want to delete the thumbnail files in documents as well as all the caches to see if that helps recreating them

@OceanicView452: Do you still get multiple Maids if you rehire the service ?

@MarmaniR93: I have no idea about Error 12 on Macs. On PCs they can usually be solved by trying to make the savegames smaller (aka deleting memories with a mod) and you need a 64 bit system to use the RAM. But MACs, no idea, so you might want to try the mac forum

@PixelTracy: Please post crashing issue in technical. There's a few tips on the first page, beyond that, I don't have anything. The technical forum has people that can help you better with those

@WinMacSims3: Did you ever try a new game to see if you have the same issues ?

@FlamingoKicker1: Do you get the issue on a new game too ?

@Lea347: Did you post about this before ? There were reports on that but I don't have any idea. I'll add that if I haven't done so

@Federico: Any mods ?

@geoffreypa: Try the Overwatch and ErrorTrap Mods. I don't have any other suggestions to those.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited April 2012
    A thing I noticed about my genies:

My genie has 14 children now. ALL of them are genies (some are blue, some are not). Their Dad is a normal Sim who died so the last 3 have a ghost as a dad. the twins that were born ghost babies also have the genie trait, purple bar and genie interactions. My town is soon genies only cause all children seem to be genies. There's a 50% chance for blue skin but for becoming a genie it seems to be 100%.

I think this is a bug.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2012
    @crinrict: No :cry:.Its still there.It gives me the option to go to the gig location, when I click on set up stage( and this is at any odd hour) the option disappears and my sim stands there.I cant get rid of it.Its been there forfour or five days now.
  • OceanicView452OceanicView452 Posts: 68 Member
    edited April 2012
    Yes I did try to rehire the maid service and thought it was ok but I had 3 maids show up and just had to end it again.
  • Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited April 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@Lea347: Did you post about this before ? There were reports on that but I don't have any idea. I'll add that if I haven't done so

Yes Crinrict, I posted it in this topic but it would be too long to find my message. You replied to me to remove the mods and cc and see what happens, what I did.. nothing changed and I can't see the scrolling menu that would allow me to choose the new venues options for my lots (missing "coffeehouse", "big show" "live show", the list stops at "private clubs")
    edited April 2012
    @Nh6650: Would you mind using MasterController ? Only idea I have is to reset the whole town with MasterController or Use DebugEnabler and reset the lot.

@OceanicView452: Willing to try any mods ? I would recommend Overwatch and ErrorTrap to see if those help the issue

@Lea347: Just wanted to make sure it's not more than one person. This in a new neighborhood, right ? All I can do for the moment is add (I'll do some adding tonight)
    AHQ Tutorial

• CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Crinrict, my Genie family is up to 4 children. BTW, only the father is a Genie, the mother is not. Only one of the children is light blue, the boy. The three girls are all like their mother in skin tone but they are still genies, purple bar/genie interactions.

So like you, it's been 100% for the genie trait but iffy on the blue skin color.

Also, errors I noticed:

When a Genie makes the house sparky clean it does not clean any baby toilets on the lot and I believe it doesn't make any unmade beds in the home either. I would guess the issue with the dirty baby toilets on the lot not getting cleaned as an error or a forgotten item. The bed thing I'm not too sure about, but to me if the Genie claps his/her hands to clean the house, beds should be made too.
    crinrict wrote:
    A thing I noticed about my genies:

My genie has 14 children now. ALL of them are genies (some are blue, some are not). Their Dad is a normal Sim who died so the last 3 have a ghost as a dad. the twins that were born ghost babies also have the genie trait, purple bar and genie interactions. My town is soon genies only cause all children seem to be genies. There's a 50% chance for blue skin but for becoming a genie it seems to be 100%.

I think this is a bug.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have two glithces so far...

1. Sometimes I can not click directly on my sim and direct her to do something, and other times I'm having problems with clicking on her cell phone to get her to call out. Its very random. Exiting the game and going back in seems to work for the sim, but not the cell phone.

2. When she's holding her son, she'll sometimes cheer (she's a singer) and just clap with her son in her arms. The baby turns vertical and upside-down until she stops and then he's laying in her arms again.

https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • CierxCierx Posts: 95 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Need help! My singer Sim cannot audition, perform for tips, or perform sing-o-grams. What should I do? :/
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited April 2012
    I read the first page of all known bugs and didn't see this one so I'll add it here.

While I was editing the Delmar Beach Community Lot in SS I tried to put a DJ Booth in. I was able to place it but was unable to move it or delete it with the sledghammer tool. I kept getting the message "Item can't be moved/deleted while in use." No one was using it as I was in Edit Town Mode. I was only able to get rid of it by using the "Undo" button. I tried this with all three DJ Booths and got the same result.

I have all EPs, SPs, and a lot of Store items installed. I'm patched up to 1.33 and am using Twallans MC, SP, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Relativity and Decensor mods, all updated--I also use CC. This is a new town, I play offline and disable all social features/simport and am using Vista Operating System. Haven't checked to see if I have a Showtime Collection folder. :oops:

Thanks!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • jensimgirljensimgirl Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2012
    i have a glitch were the repo man shows up even though i have paid all my bills when they are done repoing the stuff they will not leave the house!
  • Demure1Demure1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2012
    So I'm having a problem with my sims performing. My sims got married and I updated my game. Now when either of them go to perform,they can't set up the stage or perform for the public. Am I the only one that is experiencing this? Please help! :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited April 2012
    I forgot to mention the jukebox at the beach house can't be cut off.
  • CierxCierx Posts: 95 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Demure1 wrote:
    So I'm having a problem with my sims performing. My sims got married and I updated my game. Now when either of them go to perform,they can't set up the stage or perform for the public. Am I the only one that is experiencing this? Please help! :(

Same thing for me, but it is after my Sim returned from Egypt, and quit her Culinary job, joined the singer profession-- and cannot do ANYTHING listed in her singer menu. She just sort of "jumps" a grid away.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top