Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have found a bug. Objects on the stage is preventing proprietor spawning! Add it to the list.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    No, I got it mistaken. Don't add it but also add game not spawning proprietor.
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I've been having a problem with a singer who didn't show up at my friends' end when she went on tour.

This was going on with several friends last Sunday. Always with my singer, while my magician in the same household was fine.

Then today, I noticed an advice on the boards about what seemed to be another issue: The Everlasting SimFest/Multiplying Proprietors issue. That made me remember that I had actually tried to enter my singer to that fest earlier. I went to map view and realized the fest was still going on, and that there were now even more proprietors gathered there.

I used the advice for that problem -- deleting the affected lot and replacing it with a fresh copy (in this case Mike's Karaoke). And lo and behold! It not only solved the SimFest problem, but the next time she went on tour, she showed up in my friend's game, too. In addition, she also got 7 sing-a-grams available after there having been none available during the times of trouble.

Maybe that can help some other people too. And my thanks to Druki who so patiently assisted me today by reporting what was going on at her end!
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Another problem I've been having is the user panels not updating correctly when switching active sim.

It seems that this may be solved simply by waiting until the game is done doing some of its secret stuff in the background, and it finally finds the time to update the panels (which probably have a low priority among the game threads).

By the way, this could very well be the same thing causing e.g. mood bars taking very long to update -- especially noticeable with the cats' scratch bars/dogs' chew bars when activating the pet.

I have posted about this more extensively here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/522335.page#8114791
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi. I have suffered lack of proprietor spawning, I investigated which mod has prevented it and I have found out that outdated mod which makes tourist stick around longer & change merchant hours made by bluegenjutsu has prevented proprietor from spawning.

When I updated it, proprietors finally spawned. Let confirm this bug on the list. ;)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    Sorry for the neglect guys. I had some major issues with the page and was really sad about it. Now everything is back to normal and I will try to answer some of you tomorrow.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited March 2012
    sims are getting trapped dancing they just keep dancing on dance floors and never stop. i try to call over, chat, stop but they just keep dancing! resetsim is becoming a daily thing now!!

1. no
    3. no
    5. showtime
    6. 1.31
    8. no
    9. new
    10. starlight shores
    11. win7 64 bit
    12. no but i never login
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2012
    I get the disappearing sound when the sims are singing.I'll try one of the fixes.

My singer sim played at the large show venue which comes wirh the LE.But the map tag shows that the gig is still pending and she can't audition there again as it says the gig is scheduled.

Also a few times the chairs and tables diappeared before the show was going to start at two venues.

Ive just got the game and played for two days and this is what Ive noticed so far.
    Ive got a brand new gaming laptop with 12GB RAM.

1.No
    5.ST
    8.I haven't checked.
    9.new
    10.EA
    11.Win7
    12.yes
    13.yes
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Going back a few pages to answer some of you.

@chocogirls: Have you tried the collection helper to see if where they are ? It may take a while until they show up and I'm not sure where they are supposed to be

@Fantomas017: How is it not working ? If you're talking about the conflict with the generations reputation system, they have nothing to do with each other so if you have a generations reputation, the jealousy award does not help you at all.

@Nik24X7: Interesting observation. I had a Sim spawning on the athletic lot the night before and he never made it to the venue she was supposed to have her appearance. I wonder if before midnight Sims get spawned to the wrong lots cause proprietors are not around at that time. Need to keep an eye out for that.

@Skysim: Really don't have any idea then. You might want to try reinstalling again. Make sure to clean the registry after uninstalling.

@Nik24X7: I have no clue how custom venues need to be build. There's a thread around somewhere about issues with those. I'll see if I can find it later.

@simonforever: Maybe you have an invisible object on stage. Try changing the lot type and back to see if it resets the object. The park stage has an issue for sure cause the stage props disappear right away. Maybe rebuilding the stage (the top part) helps with that. I need to check that out in my own game.

@Sim2Blade: They sure like their guitars. There should be an option when you click on the sim that says: Take a break from playing or something along these lines

@the3ofusjks116: Even if you wait a moment after you zoomed there ? I found beetles and butterflies take a moment to show up. Are you using any mods ?

@Ameslee1986: Neighborhood do tend to get corrupt, so for a lot of issue, starting a new hood solves them. Others are just there and new hoods have it too. It can also be Sims that corrupt but unless you delete them from the hood completely, their issue will still be there if you switch sims, possibly corrupting the hood.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @Msrednotdead: I've had many badges not being awarded. Don't know if it's because of the server issues they have or what else is wrong. I really wish we had some kind of indicator on how much is already done of those long running ones.

@simonforever: Thanks for that report. Would be interesting to know if your friend ever got the file from you. Do you maybe still have the files in the export folder ? You get a new copy every time you send the Sim. Maybe if there's corrupt info in there, they won't get through.

Also did your friend get a message where they would perform or nothing at all and did you get stamps ?

I'll also check out your other link later.

@Sim2Blade: Custom ones or which ones do you mean ?

@Nh6650: What patch do you have ?

- Tables do disappear when a singer performs. That's by design.
    - Is the gig still in her tour book ? I got that when my sim got stuck
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Going back a few pages to answer some of you.

@Sim2Blade: They sure like their guitars. There should be an option when you click on the sim that says: Take a break from playing or something along these lines

there isn't and they get trapped playing it. i try to talk to them, tell them to come here but nothing they just stand there playing it. also i've seen sims walking around with the **** thing stuck to them and the same problem applies can't talk etc. i have to constantly use resetsim *
    @Sim2Blade: Custom ones or which ones do you mean ?

the ones in the game they came with nightlife? the big and small dance floors. doesnt happen as often as that stupid guitar but it happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So you placed them yourself or did you just place the lots ? I don't think SS has any by default.

See if updating to 1.33 does anything for you.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Msrednotdead: I've had many badges not being awarded. Don't know if it's because of the server issues they have or what else is wrong. I really wish we had some kind of indicator on how much is already done of those long running.

@Nh6650: What patch do you have ?

- Tables do disappear when a singer performs. That's by design.
    - Is the gig still in her tour book ? I got that when my sim got stuck

No, the gig is not in her tour book.Shes only been on one tour so far.
    I have patch 1.33.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I meant the place where all your ingame gig show up (not Simport), sorry for not being clear.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I meant the place where all your ingame gig show up (not Simport), sorry for not being clear.

The Hoi Polloi Event Center.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    So you placed them yourself or did you just place the lots ? I don't think SS has any by default.

See if updating to 1.33 does anything for you.

sorry i've heard 133 has even more problems i'll just have to wait for the next patch...hopefully they'll fix that **** guitar!
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2012
    (to save time, you can skip this first part, I tend to ramble on alot)
    I don't have Showtime, but I have all the patches up to 1.32. I know you want people to post their crashing problems in the pets thread, but I have a question with your "ERROR: Game Crashes (CTD)" forum.
    My game will I guess you can say "flash", and then go back to the game but the picture color with be very dark, and when I try to move my screen, the game flashes again, and then crashes.

I was looking at your Game Crashes forum, and I think I might do the Crash analyzer thing, but the part that confuses me is the directory part. First of all, I'm not sure if I'm even in the right folder.
    14wtvm0.png

Before I ask anymore questions, I'd like you to help me with this one.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2012
    When my playable sim takes pics in photobooth with his unplayable townie best friend they don't go in his inventory. Please add this so maybe it can get patched. :(

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have been reading through the forums for a few days now trying to see if there is a fix for the NOW uncontrollable unicorns. Has this been resolved yet? Did I miss the post?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    3 possible bugs with genies

1)When on a group genie suddley decides to leave and re enter the lamp for no reason.

2)My sims genie called him on the phone even though she was in the lamp.

3)Sim can't tell ghost stories to genie. Interaction cue drops.

Topic can be found here and someone else listed genies sometimes don't have genie clothes on.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/522986.page
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Just remembered something about the lighting. When my sim enters the house at nigth the lights don't automatically cut on anymore in any of the rooms. I have to do it myself. Same with cutting them off. When sims go to sleep they no longer automatically cut off.

I have seen so many glitches and bugs with this game that other people arn't seeing. I have no mods or cc.

The lighting issue has been happening since installing showtime.
  • Options
    magiccookiemagiccookie Posts: 174 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi. I have suffered lack of proprietor spawning, I investigated which mod has prevented it and I have found out that outdated mod which makes tourist stick around longer & change merchant hours made by bluegenjutsu has prevented proprietor from spawning.

When I updated it, proprietors finally spawned. Let confirm this bug on the list. ;)

Thanks!

I have this bug on some lots, though I have no mods at all!

And I have a lot with 30 owners, none of which work, ugh.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited March 2012
    In addition to the blank thumbnails I been having, I also have a blank Sim on the wishes of my Sims.
    TS3ST%20Blank%20thumbnail%20glitch.png?psid=1
    TS3ST%20Blank%20thumbnail%20glitch%202.png?psid=1

Edit: I will post a YouTube video after I reinstall Windows 7. I will then reinstall The Sims 3.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    OceanicView452OceanicView452 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have been having trouble with losing friends while performing in the vocal legend career but that was no big deal. Now my sim got married and she can perform a regular gig just fine but none of her steady gigs have resumed since she got married and it's been quite a few days since the wedding. None of the proprietors have changed either,they are all still the same. I also watched a poor sim die of starvation at a simfest in the park. I also have an issue now since the wedding day where multiple maids keep showing up to clean the house in the same day over and over draining my poor sims funds so I can't have maid service any longer. I'm using Windows 7 on an older computer but I have no mods at all, only a light amount of cc and I have all the EPS and SPS installed except that I never bought Master Suite yet. The game was so enjoyable till I got my sim married, LOL!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'll get back to you guys on Monday. Busy weekend.
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top