Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    asimilationasimilation Posts: 8
    edited March 2012
    In my game, the dreaded HOLD ON! You're not logged in! pop up in the main menu when you try to load an existing save file without being logged in DOES NOT permanently go away at your request. Ticking the "Don't show this message again" ONLY works while playing in the same gameplay session (i.e. you quit to the main menu and then load another save file again without quitting the game entirely). Once you close the game completely and quit, load the game up once again and attempt to load an existing save file, the pop up rears its ugly head all over again. Very annoying. I'm not sure if others are experiencing this issue but I just thought i'd report it, just in case.
  • Options
    ChanticoChantico Posts: 793 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've got the same problem as asimilation . It's so freaking annoying that there is no way to get rid of this thing. :evil:
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Check this for CDT: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/error-game-crashes-ctd.html

Mods need to be updated/verified by the creator before you can put them back.

Was it a specific window or all of them ?

It didn't CTD, it just wouldn't let me come out of the customization area in build mode. So I ctrl alt deleted my way out. But while I was trying to build this house, I clicked on deco items and chose a rug for customization, and when I hit randomize it didn't change the pattern or colors and it wouldn't let me put the rug down, it kept disappearing. The same thing happened when I was trying to randomize a window to put on the house. I think CAS and build mode are borked again. I have no mod or cc in the game now, but I did before I patched.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh ok, when you wrote that you're game crashed, I assumed you meant CTD.

Anyways, do you still have custom patterns in your game ?

@asimilation & Chantico: I'll add that.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited March 2012
    i have fixed my lot issue it was mod related!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I completely deleted my sims 3 folder from my documents prior to patching. I always do just to start over, and just in case something is left over. So no CC or mods, nothing. I did save my save games, and mods folder of cours. But I took them out, like I always do prior to patching. I did however add a mod back into my game, the no mosaic mod, because it was updated to patch 1.31 on MTS. I think personally they messed up something in CAS and Build Mode, when they added extra functionality.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Do you have the ingame store turned on ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Do you have the ingame store turned on ?

Yes I do, I logged in to use the new features.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Try turning off the ingame store (just the store, you can stay logged in). You can do this in the options.

I'm going to have lunch now. Be back later.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    Crin, I've updated here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/507629.page#7859671

Thank you for your help last night. I don't know if permanently solved but the changing of passwords may be relevant, or they could have just fiddled with things server side over night, not sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Okay no problem have a great lunch. I think I figured out what it is, or you did lol, the new features are a memory hog. When you randomize items like I was doing back to back, it will keep the game suspended. I randomized the Saxony rug back to back until it stopped. I then clicked on another item, and it kept bringing up the Saxony rug. So I switched to build mode, went in and clicked the paintbrush icon and tried to customize a stereo and that's when it got stuck again. I didn't have to ctrl alt delete this time to get out, I just clicked on main menu, and it brought me back to main menu. Wow so are they going to make it where the sims can use more than 4 gigs of memory (with 64bit I mean), because the new features are going to cause major lag, after any significant amount of real playing time. Well anyway thanks very much for caring enough to help me out, you are so valuable to the sims community.
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    Diancarock wrote:
    Wow so are they going to make it where the sims can use more than 4 gigs of memory (with 64bit I mean)

I wish they would, I have have 16 gig of RAM being severely under utilised!
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited March 2012
    I put the new patch in last night on a vanilla game and everything seemed to be fine until,
    1. Makeup does not stick for all outfits.
    2. When shutting down for the night, I saved the game before I hit quit and the game stopped responding when exiting.
    I am fully updated on both origin and game. I have all Sp and Ep in my game except for MS.
    I never had any major problems or crashing before this patch. I don't have any mods in my game and I did move my sims folder and did a backup before patching. So, I was running on a clean game. No fire walls are on and I did dep a while back with the new exe file. I play on a Quad core gaming laptop with 6 Gb of ram and nothing else is on this computer except the sims 3.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Crincrit for your help. You were right, by uninstalling Origin the 'NoXRoadsName' was voided and I was able to log in as myself. Thanks again hon, you always seem to fix my problems. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited March 2012
    I gotta ask, should I go for the patch or wait for Showtime to get it? Then again, I doubt Showtime will come with it?
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2012
    Patch issue... I went into CAS and changed hair and makeup. At the same time it says social worker getting cat I put up for adoption. My whole world was spinning around couldn't get it to stop. Had to quit game. I didn't save either.

I feel :( nauseous
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @H0RTENSIS: Glad you got it solved. I think we have to see how the days goes till we find out.

@Diancarock: That's what I feared that the new features are clogging up memory. Thanks for the report.

@skm36: It might have been a once only thing. Report back if you get it on a regular basis. I'll add your name to the makeup issue.

@BrandyD83: So it's an Origin issue then. Thanks for reporting back.

@Trancepire: You'll have to patch to install Showtime but you can wait until then. Make sure automatic updates are turned off.

@carla70: Any mods or CC in your game ? Is it repeatable ?

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2012
    @carla70: Any mods or CC in your game ? Is it repeatable ?

I have one hairstyle mod but the hairstyle I switched to was a store bought hair. This was in the world Hidden Springs.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Okay so it seems to be a temporary fix. As I engaged more and more in game play... The game completely froze gave me an error message (an error has occurred) and closed the game out. Once I started it again the 'NoXRoadsName' reappeared and now there's no way I can start a game without it freezing up and closing out.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Is it repeatable ?

@BrandyD83: Can you play when you are not logged in (if you can log out that is) ? Did you try changing your password through the Origin site as Hortensis suggested ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm going to go and try both and report back...

**Updated**
    Same issue. game freezes up, error message then game shuts down.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited March 2012
    Checked my game this morning. First I cleared out my cache files, and this is something I have never seen before. While deleting cache files I get a message that sims 3 has stopped working. Closed down and went back and was able to finish deleting cache. Nothing was running at the time.
    Go into game and everything was saved the night before except all the recolored outfits I did. The outfits were colored right on my sims just not showing as a choice in cas. And I did save them in cas for future use. Also crinict thank you for the response.
    I did a save and quit this morning without issue. Last night I did a save then a quit when I had a issue. I don't know if that matters or like you said a one time thing. I'll have to try to see.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The repeatable questions was addressed to carla70 :)

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Deshong04: Is this a new or an existing game ?

It is an existing game I had since 3 or 4 days ago. I will start a new game and see what happens.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    SweetK411SweetK411 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi crinrict,

since updating to the new patch i have had a problem with my opportunities not completing. i do
    everything it says but won't get my rewards & it just stays in the Opportunities tab as if i have not
    completed it. Please help :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top