Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread

Comments

• bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited March 2012
    Gameplay issue:
    Every time that my Sim picks up a toddler to read to them, they just drop to the floor, glitch and spin around REALLY quickly, and then they just quietly fade away!

I've updated to and have the 1.31 patch. Obviously, I don't have Showtime yet. I have every EP so far, but no SPs. No mods or CC is or has EVER been used in my game!
    I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains. I have social features on, and absolutely no privacy! :D
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2012
    have only saved and excited once since downloading the patch and for the 1st time in ages it didn't crash not sure if that was addressed in the patch but will be reading the notes soon

I also like the new features :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited March 2012
    wzw1177 wrote:
    Level 10 horse animation still hasn't been fixed? Oh my god... :evil:

Are you kidding?

Yes Yes give us the power to see our ~wall~ in game but don't bother to fix a huge glitch. :lol:
    I don't know if it's fixed. Crint just posted it unfixed.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2012
    Budgiepada wrote:
    I'm also getting the "NoXroadsName" when I sign in while in the game. :?:

I am not even getting this much! It keeps telling me that either my email or password is incorrect, but I use the same email and password for both my EA and ORigin account. Am I missing something? I even made sure I was logged into the launcher before I launched the game, but when the game loads, it asks me to log in. I took out all mods/third party cc before installing patch.

EDIT: Never mind, I could have sworn I approved the application with my firewall, but I guess not! :mrgreen: sorry.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited March 2012
    After not having any weird bugs after other updates I seem to have a new one. I have no mods or cc in game. I started a new game, rather then using an existing one.

My bug is the action not canceling after I cancel it. I attempted to cancel my sim bathing several times so she could catch the car pool and it continued until finished.

Also, I chose a location and told my sim to "go here" and chose run, she used a taxi instead, cancelling it worked, but she would not do the run at all, just chose to take a taxi the second time as well. (and no - lazy is not one of her traits lol)

Edit: Well, I saved the game and went back in - I have no difficulties now. Might have been just a lil glitch that worked itself out.
  • bspookbspook Posts: 140 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Well ive have spent almost 3 hours reinstalling my games..i have all exp and sp's.. i use no cc or mods...before i did all this i updated to new pacth tonight and got the weird login account some ppl are getting..also i could selct the only saved game i had but could not start another new game...so since ive reinstalled everything ecept store stuff..and updated new patch..i can not play sims at all..the start new game button is completly gone..still get the weird log in account as well....so it is most defintly the patch...this is a complete install of the sims 3 and still theissues are there...i dont know whatelse to do... :shock:
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Haven't read thread. Sorry, too irritated.

Just reporting:

Same rubbish. I have an invisible Sim. This time it's a Pet. Forced to move family to clipboard to try to make them reappear. When moving them back, HUD disappeared, meaning I can't go to edit town, can't go to family, can't select "exit game". Nothing.

Also, inexplicably, I am now unable to access Windows Task Manager AT ALL to force the game to quit.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the endless pages of memory notification spam. I have spent an hour deleting memories from my mypage. All from one person.

Same rubbish, different patch number.

Scared to even open the game. Sorry to hear they messed our game up royal.
  • RainDropPixieRainDropPixie Posts: 99
    edited March 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Custom Skin (default replacement), Custom Eyes (default replacement), and a mod that controls memories because memories lag my game out.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Nope
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Just removed all of Twallan's mods prior to patch download and reset everything before removal.
    4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Patch
    5. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? Started with an existing, figured it corrupted (common for my game sadly). Started a new
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Appaloosa
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    8. Did you disable SimPort ? N/A
    9. Did you disable the Social Features ? No

My sims on my existing famiy lost their Lifetime Wishes, and I couldn'd expand the UI to show details (needs/work/skills/etc)

So I started a totally new save file, No LTWs...so I can't create a new family or file.

(Also after reading someone else's posts, in my existing game sims were invisible figured it was a rendering issue, but maybe not after reading that is an issue)
  • RainDropPixieRainDropPixie Posts: 99
    edited March 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Custom Skin (default replacement), Custom Eyes (default replacement), and a mod that controls memories because memories lag my game out.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Nope
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Just removed all of Twallan's mods prior to patch download and reset everything before removal.
    4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Patch
    5. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? Started with an existing, figured it corrupted (common for my game sadly). Started a new
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Appaloosa
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    8. Did you disable SimPort ? N/A

My sims on my existing famiy lost their Lifetime Wishes, and I couldn'd expand the UI to show details (needs/work/skills/etc)

So I started a totally new save file, No LTWs...so I can't create a new family or file.

(Also after reading someone else's posts, in my existing game sims were invisible figured it was a rendering issue, but maybe not after reading that is an issue)

Just going to quote myself here. RESOLVED.

IDK why I overlooked it, but its the memory mod (Velocitygrass's at MTS). It is NOT compatible. Which is obvious now that I'm using my brain.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have run into a CAH error.

I'm playing virginal install of TS3.
    There are no mods or cc in it at all.
    Windows 7 PC.
    I have all the EP and SP installed. I own nearly all of the Store items as well.
    I did patch to the new patch.
    I am logged in to the social stuff too.
    I am playing in Lunar Lakes and started a new save game.

In CAH, I used one of EA's sims, of course. When I altered the outfit she is wearing for Every Day, it does not save the outfit. It puts her back in her original outfit or some random outfit. It took me many tries to get her to stay in the outfit I wanted her in. Also, the different makeups do not stay either. I finally had to make one makeup for all categories of clothing.

I hate having no cc or mods, but oh well. I saved her and began building her a house. Building has gone much better. I have to say I am not real impressed with this patch. :roll:

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi Crinrict, I opened a thread before I realized, that this issue belongs in this thread:
    I used the official patch for pc (not the SimsVip one), my origin is updated and my Origin Persona is stenopelix too, BUT now the problem:

In Game the shown ID is not mine! It said NoXroadsName (I never used that name and nobody else is using my Computer) and when I´m posting from ingame, it does not show up on my Pinnwall. I logged out and logged in (it worked with my (stenopelix´s) log in-Data, but in game it was still NoXroadsName?!? My Sims earned a badge, but it didn´t show up on my pinnwall!

I was asekd ingame to register all my SimGames but they are all registered here on MyPage and before I register them with a wrong ID...

I looked so forward for this patch and now such a mess :( Had anybody similar problems? After work I can call the support hotline, but I hoped, to get quick help here.

Greetings, Steno

PS.: I searched member for noxroads, didn´t find anything.
  • XamielXamiel Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, but removed everything down to clean game before patching.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods. See #1.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? I was using quite a bit of CC (I love the steampunk theme. Mostly patterns and only a few items. All were removed.

4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch? Only the 1.31 patch.

5. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones? Only got the patch so far, so was going to run an existing one. Haven't actually gotten back into the game yet.

6. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom ? Not relevant to issue.

7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista.
    8. Did you disable SimPort ? No

Steps to get to issue: Start launcher. Login in successful on launcher. click on play button. when the world / game select screen comes up, click the new login button. Enter the email and password Im using now, on my home page and that worked on the launcher. Receive error message: "email address or password invalid". Be very puzzled and somewhat frustrated. Post on forums. Hold breath. :!: :?: :mrgreen:

P.S. I have all EP's and SP's except Showtime. All were installed and updated properly and clean then ran prior to installing next one.

Update #2: I changed nothing whatsoever. When I attempted to login again as described above, now it works. Logged in properly and all ingame functions are up and running. Able to post, accept and decline requests from in game normally. Seems to have self resolved. @crinrict, as stated, I changed nothing. You had said to disable my AV and / or firewall. I did not do that, tried one more time and it went straight through. Logs in automatically now. Thanks for the tip though.
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    The game isn't recognizing my email address, which is interesting because I just used it to write this comment. Everytime I try to log in to use the new features,it keeps saying my email address is invalid. Also the game is lagging. Right when I get Pets to behave properly this comes along smh. I have all my EA store items downloaded, and I removed my mods folder altogether before I patched, including my Saved Sims folder. Then I put my mods folder back in the game, removed all mods except for default skins,eyes, and one non default skin. Oh and the no mosaic mod which has been updated for patch 1.31. So I can't use the online features because it's not recognizing my email address, and there is noticeable lag that wasn't there before. I'm playing a very small custom world, which I started new by the way, just to see how the game would react. My computer specs are above the minimal and I'm playing on a desktop computer with windows 7 operating system and 4 gigs of ram.
  • JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have the same thing....trying to log in to the social features and being told my email/password are invalid or incorrect!

I also had the noxroadsname id but when I restarted my PC that went away.

EDIT: Spoke too soon - I disabled windows firewall and was able to log in - but when I go to player profile it still says NoXRoadsName with no avatar or profile information (i.e. Not MY profile or information)...sigh!
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • Garlic207Garlic207 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Try it now. It seems to be working for me.
  • arikyluvsuarikyluvsu Posts: 54 New Member
    edited March 2012
    same thing here. First it said my email and password were invalid. Now it supposedly logged me in, but it says my name is noXroadsName.... weird
  • martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Hallo all,

I question whether the new patch improves the stability of the game? There is no longer CrashGame?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    @All with login issue: I'll add it if it's not a temporary thing. Don't have any ideas.

@KaydenStockwell: Click on that DEP. It's a link and tells you everything you need to know.

@kristenwoods: To check if if it's a game issue, yes, I would remove everything.

@geminiagre: Yap, you're right. I'll add

@MrHawk: Sounds like your game got corrupted with the patch. Same old, same old as you say

@Deshong04: Is this a new or an existing game ?

@snagonsnagon: Did you update Origin as well ?

@ldmarko: Don't know if we HAVE to. But i'm sure it doens't hurt.

@bunbunnyny: I'll add that

@jacqpinks: Ah, a positive note :)

@kittana514: I'll keep it in mind then if someone else reports

@bspook: Did you clean your registry on resinstalling ? This issue with the login is not an issue of your game installation. Since so many have it, it must have something to do with their server.

@Mylita: I'll add

@stenopelix: Yes, it's a common problem.

@Xamiel & Diancarock: Might be an firewall or antivirus program blocking. Turn if off for a moment and try without. If it works, you will need to add an exception the the firewall/anti virus

----

Have no solutions atm. Will go through the thread now and add issues.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• HollyZeeHollyZee Posts: 224 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I saved Sims 3 to folder on desktop and removed all CC and Mods from game. I installed the patch, moved my Download folder back to game and added current version of a SAVE file.

No problems with name.

When I play the most current SAVE file, I went in to play, no problems until I wanted a Sim to go to Art Gallery to check out an Achievement badge. I Have the map, but no markers or way to visit anything business in town, no way to visit any other Sims in town.

I'm going back into game to check the Overhead map. New patches are always so interesting.
    HollyZee
  • JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited March 2012
    Just tried a few things to see if I can resolve the NoXroadsName log in problem..

Deleted all cache files and restarted the game - this didn't solve it.

Went to edit my avatar (in the ingame profile whilst logged in as NoXNameRoads)...strangley the Avatar image is mine and it shows JVENN as my profile name....unfortunately when I went back to the main profile page it was still NoXNameRoads...very odd.

I wish EA Tech would tell us why this is happening? It's clearly some kind of testing profile...I would have assumed it was something to do with no yet having Showtime registered but if there are people able to log in correctly this isn't so!
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
    edited March 2012
    Could everyone with the login issue please post in this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/507629.page

Put down as much info as possible. Not sure what direction we're going yet.

@HollyZee: Missing Map tags is an existing issue I never found a solution for.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited March 2012
    im having a issue with lots not loading im sorting though my 100s of mods my cc and skins and clothes etc are fine so its a mod somewhere
    edited March 2012
    Mods need to be removed. ALL of them.
    AHQ Tutorial

• DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    My game just crashed while trying to randomize an item, all CC and mods have been removed. I started a brand new game in Sunset Valley, picked a window, tried to randomize it and it's going blank. Also I used to the paint brush to try to customize the outside of the house I was building and it was like my processors were looping over and over again. So I had to enter ctrl alt delete to come out of the game. My game was running perfectly fine before this patch, chocked full of CC too. So should I uninstall and reinstall to make sure none of the coding for my mods are still being read by the game? This has NEVER happened prior to patching. And usually I don't get alot of problems with patches, but that's definitely a bug. Oh I did the DEP thing, and I was able to log in while my game was running, and look at the achievements etc. I had the problems in my game while logged in by the way.
    edited March 2012
    Check this for CDT: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/error-game-crashes-ctd.html

Mods need to be updated/verified by the creator before you can put them back.

Was it a specific window or all of them ?
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top