Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lunar Lakes Update Rabbit Holes/Traffic/Unlock Objects Updated 26/02/12

2...Next

Comments

• AnneMarit2AnneMarit2 Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2012
    Stw402 wrote:
    DOWNLOAD UPDATE PACK
    [/b]

http://www.mediafire.com/?1bf77b5z3kp7ck6

Feel free to share anything in this set

About the update

I needed to update the set, this is the list of changes in this update:-

Fixed Equestrian Portal, the rabbit will allow you to breed horses and the animation was fixed. Just a small note I did increase the size of this portal, this was to stop the horses and sims from resetting, so if you wish to use this on a small lot, use the moveObjects cheat.

Added Movie Studio to the set.

Tweaked the lunar lake objects unlocks, made them more selectable.
    Just redownload and replace the old set.

Hi! I just wonder... Were do I put this? You know, what folder? I am soooo thankful for you sharing this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Cheers for the feedback :D
    Thank you, you are a lifesaver, I am surprised EA didn't make additional downloads for us, with rabbit holes to match existing. Including lots of the professions (non rabbit hole version)
    Thats EA for you, they probable could actual make a little money if they included a optional update pack with store world.
    I want to thank you again for creating these and was wondering if there would be any chance on having the movie studio rabbit hole without the movie set attached, please?
    I tried to do this but it seem that it needs to be present in the file, but I plan to have another look at this tonight to try understand why this is, so If I can fix this I will update the rabbit hole. :D
    I thought it wasn't possible to separate them? If I remember correctly, Jinx never made a RH door or rug for it because something in the coding required that a movie set be attached or something like that. I was really surprised to see Stw come up with what he did!

I'm not 100% sure about the rug rabbit holes, the problem you would have with the rugs, you need to make the rabbit bigger and the rabbit hole contains a container which seems to be needed by the rabbit hole, if I can get the rabbit hole working without the container then it should work on the rug rabbit holes, I will test this tonight.
    No this is a 3 building set, and I wanted to know if we can just pick up each one and place it. Like I want to put the Equestrian one up near the a different area but I want to add the other two down near that mall with all the rest of the things. I didn't want to try and do it, if it will mess it up, but I really didn't want the skydiving thing one way up where I wanted to put the equestrian center.
    You should be ok placing them in any location, use the Moveobjects cheat if your having problems with the placement, the problem with them was I needed to keep higher size on the rabbit hole to allow the Equestrian centre horse animation to work.
    Also I wonder if it will work with the new update?

Yes they work fine with the new updates, the rabbit hole just links back to the EA script, so unless EA change the location of the rabboit holes scripts, they should never need a update.
    Were do I put this? You know, what folder?

Just place the Mod folder in the following location:-
    C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

Anyway like I said I will see if I tweak the rabbit holes later, If I get chance I will have look at the rugs rabbit holes, If I get them working I will pass the info on about how to get them working if you rather use them.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thank you so much for replying Stw. I am most definitely liking this for LL over those rugs anyday. I know it's a heck of a lot better than those big none matching buildings. I will surely try moving the sky diving and the subway one. I like the backlot one just fine. I just haven't tried it yet until I heard from you before I placed everything with the new patch and all. Will try this afternoon.

Blessings to you for doing this a hundred fold. Reggie

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited March 2012
    The backlot(film studio) I've had a play about with diffrent settings, so far I'm unable to remove the extra film object, this seems to be needed for the rabbit hole to work correctly, but you can cycle throu the 3 diffrent backdrop object by deleteing the backlot and replaceing it with a new one, thats currently the best I can do at the moment.

I did come up with pretty good idea thou, nothing to do with lunar lakes it's very probable you could make a full set of rabbit holes for other worlds using the graveyard rabbit hole templates:-

Screenshot-91.jpg

This is something I would do, so anybody who is making a medieval world, goth or china type world, who wishes to use them, message me I will make you a set.

Anyway back to lunar lakes, I will update any new rabbit holes when the new expansion gets released. :D
  • AnneMarit2AnneMarit2 Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2012
    Stw402 wrote:
    Were do I put this? You know, what folder?

Just place the Mod folder in the following location:-
    C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

Anyway like I said I will see if I tweak the rabbit holes later, If I get chance I will have look at the rugs rabbit holes, If I get them working I will pass the info on about how to get them working if you rather use them.

Thank you!!!
  • cameranutz2cameranutz2 Posts: 941 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Many thanks for these! :D
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited April 2012
    Stw402 wrote:
    The backlot(film studio) I've had a play about with diffrent settings, so far I'm unable to remove the extra film object, this seems to be needed for the rabbit hole to work correctly, but you can cycle throu the 3 diffrent backdrop object by deleteing the backlot and replaceing it with a new one, thats currently the best I can do at the moment.

I did come up with pretty good idea thou, nothing to do with lunar lakes it's very probable you could make a full set of rabbit holes for other worlds using the graveyard rabbit hole templates:-

Screenshot-91.jpg

This is something I would do, so anybody who is making a medieval world, goth or china type world, who wishes to use them, message me I will make you a set.

Anyway back to lunar lakes, I will update any new rabbit holes when the new expansion gets released. :D

I would love if you could do this! They would be much easier to work into a lot than the lunar lakes ones, especially if we don't want to have to bury them (Like the EQ center)
  • DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited April 2012
    I can't place any of the custom rabbitholes except the subway and the studio! And I can't find the EC! I really want the EC though. Maybe someone can place the EC on a small(as small as possible) lot and upload it for me? Please?

Edit: I found it. Whoever said the EC was bigger than the other portals lied.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    3j2i.jpg
  • Nyx1961Nyx1961 Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thank you very much for creating this. Now, if the mailbox was buyable, everything would be perfect. I get really frustrated that if I install a lot I've downloaded, it installs with the default base game mailbox and EA doesn't give you the option to change it within the game. What's the point of a world-specific mailbox if it's only usable if one builds on an existing lot?
  • DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited May 2012
    Nyx1961 wrote:
    Thank you very much for creating this. Now, if the mailbox was buyable, everything would be perfect. I get really frustrated that if I install a lot I've downloaded, it installs with the default base game mailbox and EA doesn't give you the option to change it within the game. What's the point of a world-specific mailbox if it's only usable if one builds on an existing lot?

Here you go dear. ;)http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=474841
    3j2i.jpg
  • jamielebeljamielebel Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    Where do I find the pipes? I found the rocks, but can't find the pipes.
    What exactly does the "ingame editor unlocker" do?
    Also, what does the "portal unlockers do" exactly?
    Hope someone can help! :)
  • Nyx1961Nyx1961 Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2012
    Nyx1961 wrote:

Here you go dear. ;)http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=474841

Thank you!
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    :shock: OMG THIS IS GENIUS! :shock:
  • eickley8472eickley8472 Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love this idea but wondering are you planning on updating these with the new rabbitholes from Supernatural. This is just a great idea.
  • gurra09gurra09 Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2012
  • RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Having no problems finding all the rabbit holes... but cannot locate the subway to place?
  • kamaleonkamaleon Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    Finally, I can place my Equestrian Center right by my Domed Horse Ranch. And thank you for putting the No Traffic mod in a separate package- I kinda like it when things get busy.
  • aelflaedaelflaed Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Just FYI....the "ingame editor unlocker.package" seems to be causing issues in buy mode.

I am patched to 1.47, with EPs up to Seasons, but without Supernatural or Showtime. I've just done the hack dance to determine what was crashing my game when looking at garden decor. It is this unlocker.

happy to give further information if needed.