Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lunar Lakes Update Rabbit Holes/Traffic/Unlock Objects Updated 26/02/12

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
A few things bugged me about lunar lakes so I've made a few updates that I've been using in my game, considering many of this stuff will be pretty good for world builders, I wanted to share a mini update pack.

The set contains the following:-

No Traffic Mod

Screenshot-2-60.jpg

This will not get rid of cars, what this will do is reduce the number taxi and random cars flying about the neighborhood. The normal sims in the world will still use cars but you wont see random cars flying about.

Object Unlocks

It unlocks the lunar lake objects to be used ingame as landmarks, and this also includes the portals to the job locations, which means you can you them outside of a lot, freeing up more space in the world.

Screenshot-2-59.jpg

Screenshot-3-51.jpg

Just small warning for anybody thinking about using the portals this way, after you place a portal, you must test for any routing problems, just test to see that the sims can get in and out of the building ok and don't place them in the middle of a river :roll: .

If you download the file just place the mod folder in the sims my documents folder, the file also contains 150+ other unlocks from other expansions.

4 New Rabbit Holes

Skydiving Portal

TS3W2012-02-2515-35-40-70.jpg

A New Subway Portal

TS3W2012-02-2515-35-30-60.jpg

A Equestrian Portal

TS3W2012-02-2515-32-51-81.jpg

Movie Studio

Screenshot-2-61.jpg

DOWNLOAD UPDATE PACK

http://www.mediafire.com/?1bf77b5z3kp7ck6

Feel free to share anything in this set

About the update

I needed to update the set, this is the list of changes in this update:-

Fixed Equestrian Portal, the rabbit will allow you to breed horses and the animation was fixed. Just a small note I did increase the size of this portal, this was to stop the horses and sims from resetting, so if you wish to use this on a small lot, use the moveObjects cheat.

Added Movie Studio to the set.

Tweaked the lunar lake objects unlocks, made them more selectable.
Just redownload and replace the old set.

Comments

• mysimBrendamysimBrenda Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited February 2012
    Wow this is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm having issues with the Equestrian Portal. My Sim cannot enter any competitions with his horse. They just cancel themselves out of the queue. Same goes for the Breed Mare option. Just cancels itself out of the queue. The Buy Horse option does seem to work. So does the option to Visit the Equestrian Center. haven't tried the Sell Horse option. But the other options don't work for me.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I'm having issues with the Equestrian Portal. My Sim cannot enter any competions with his horse. They just cancel themselves out of the queue. Same goes for the Breed Mare option. Just cancels itself out of the queue. The Buy Horse option does seem to work. So does the option to Visit the Equestrian Center. But the other options don't work for me.

Thanks for the info, I will do some more test on the object. With the Equestrian Portal I made the portal link back to the gameplay script that the normal EA Equestrain centre uses, it was easyer for me to do this than design a new script that would probable need a update after each patch, so it uses what is already in the game. I will see what I can do to fix the problem, if not I will remove it from the set.

• Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited February 2012
    Wow this is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

I LOL at your signature :mrgreen: very funny.
  • votengavotenga Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2012
    hmm i cant seem to open the pipes or crystals from lunar lakes in caw

just says error creating instance

do i need to update caw?

btw i have lunar lakes xx
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited February 2012
    Stw402,

I would have really liked a portal subway station. I also wish they could have a least included a few futuristic cars with Lunar Lakes, but no big deal.
    edited February 2012
    I've removed the download link while I update the Equestrain Portal, which is fixed, It's taken me a long time to fix, I'm not great at making Rabbit holes, but trial error got me to fix the problem. The new version will have no bugged animation and you can sell and breed horses, I'm just trying to tidy up the code a little before I release the new version, it wont take long. Also while I've slightly increased my knowledge on how to make Rabbit Holes I'm going to have another look at the film studio Rabbit Hole and see If I add this to the set.
    hmm i cant seem to open the pipes or crystals from lunar lakes in caw

I will have look into this also, it looks like I could busy trying to fix stuff, the pipe have the same setting as all the other objects, so it's a little unusual. I will have update on this soon.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2012
    This is uber cool and you are wonderful for doing all this work and sharing it with us. Thank you! I'm looking forward to the file when you get it ready. :thumbup: :D

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Thankyou!
    edited February 2012
    Fixed Equestrian Portal, the rabbit will allow you to breed horses and the animation was fixed.
    Added Movie Studio to the set.
    Tweaked the lunar lake objects unlocks, made them more selectable.
    Just redownload and replace the old set.

Burning the midnight oil to get this fixed, this for me was massive learning curve, you should find this update more user friendly.

• votengavotenga Posts: 233 Member
    edited February 2012
    well i worked it out the pipes and crystal objects will only show up if editting lunar lakes as they were made specifically for that world they will not work in any other world or in caw xx
    edited February 2012
    well i worked it out the pipes and crystal objects will only show up if editting lunar lakes as they were made specifically for that world they will not work in any other world or in caw

Thats because they placed object files inside the world, they seemed to be installed directly in the world file (I might be wrong) , I could not find the objects in any other location. If I remember correctly they did the same with Riverview then later released the objects with a patch, that why you can access that burned out car and the bridges from riverview.

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks very much, Stw402! The Equestrian Portal is now working correctly for me. I really appreciate all the effort you put into creating this portal for us. You could have given up after I first reported some issues, but you didn't. You persevered and resolved the issues and we now have a fully-functional Equestrian Portal to show for it. Thanks again for all your hard work! :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2012
    Just out of curiosity, 'cause I've been wondering this for a while, does anybody think that this is sorta illegal? It's almost like plagiarism. Also, you've just taken something from the store, which you had to pay for, and just released it for free to the public on this thread-just slightly different than before.
    edited February 2012
    My view on plagiarism and this mod, the mod is designed to be add on, the mod on it's own is very little use, it contains no world file, the new rabbit hole are not in the world file, so you would need to purchase the world to get the most out of this add on. The unlock objects are just what they say they are, they unlock the objects so you can use them in the game, you still need to purchase them objects or expansion to able to use them. The mod for traffic is nothing more than a tweak.

Ea claim to encourge people to edit and mod the objects and files they release, this in turn will increase the lifespan of a game and improve the player base. Going back to this mod is it really that diffrent than people who edit hair or edit a expansion world then reupload that world with diffrent houses, it's still the same world.

• bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks, I guess.
    Sorry about that, but I am seriously worried that somebody could get in trouble eventually, and if one person gets in trouble for this kind of thing, we could all get in trouble.

But I suppose EA has never done anything about the Base Game compatible France that's been out for so long, so I suppose that is alright.
    Thanks, again! =)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thank you so much, Stw402...
    I've been racking my brain on how to make the Equestrian Center work in Lunar Lakes (originally planned on putting in a dome till I realized it wouldn't fit) and you just solved my problem AND added the movie studio too.

This is awesome!
  • SaturnCelesteSaturnCeleste Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just grabbed it and I am very excited about it as well! Thank you!

{Hey Jase!}
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thankyou for this Stw I appericiate all your hard work, I as well was trying to figure out how to get the EQ center in Luner Lakes now I can, your awsome as always.
  • Starwind1965Starwind1965 Posts: 46
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Stu! Now I don't need to bury the missing buildings underground.
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thank you, you are a lifesaver, I am surprised EA didn't make additional downloads for us, with rabbit holes to match existing. Including lots of the professions (non rabbit hole version)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited March 2012
    Stw402...
    I want to thank you again for creating these and was wondering if there would be any chance on having the movie studio rabbit hole without the movie set attached, please?

{Hi SaturnCeleste}

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey Stw, like Jase said, what do we do to separate these, just use moveobjects on or what? Oh and thanks for creating these - I take it they will work with the new update, right?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited March 2012
    I thought it wasn't possible to separate them? If I remember correctly, Jinx never made a RH door or rug for it because something in the coding required that a movie set be attached or something like that. I was really surprised to see Stw come up with what he did!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2012
    No this is a 3 building set, and I wanted to know if we can just pick up each one and place it. Like I want to put the Equestrian one up near the a different area but I want to add the other two down near that mall with all the rest of the things. I didn't want to try and do it, if it will mess it up, but I really didn't want the skydiving thing one way up where I wanted to put the equestrian center.

I know, sounds confusing right. Also it would be cool to be able to place the subway one around in different sprots. Right now I have the subways one of the simmers placed in a building, and then there is the one here in this 3 piece set. I would much rather place that one on a little lot by itself and place those where I have the little buildings.

The one for the backlot has that attachment thing, it is already separate. I know they need to stay together. I was just curious about the 3 piece set. Also I wonder if it will work with the new update?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....