Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simport Feature Walkthrough!

A video of the new Simport feature being shown off that will be included in Showtime.

Walkthrough - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDBH3WsYSo

Comments

• tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    So you have to have *two* Sims in the household before you can send one on tour...because at least one of the Sims has to be in one of the new careers.

*And* according to SimGuru Snelson, you have to be logged into your Origins account? What's up with that? I thought we didn't have to use Origins; SG Semedi (aka Producer Grant) said that we didn't have to use Origins. If I were playing on a Mac, I'd be a tad upset about this.

And I wonder how many players are going to be upset because they chose to play with only 1 or 2 trusted friends, but the friend doesn't accept the invitation with the time-frame of one day, because they didn't play their Sims game on the day the request was sent, or only played 3 days later.

I can see where having multiple friends would be an advantage, and why people will be prompted to make friends with strangers. It really doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for posting this :) It looks like a lot of fun to me. I plan to watch the live chat today to find out more. :D
  • JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2012
    She said Origins, but the print on hile she was talking said EA/Origins. I'm on a Mac, I'm not worried about it because I've never had problems getting anything else that windows users need to be logged into Origin for.

I think it looks interesting, and I'd be willing to give this a try... the whole notification/ chat thing bothers me more than simport. I wonder if it'll be hard to use one without the other.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks! Eager to learn more!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just watched the video on simport. Maybe it's just me but in all honesty I think that simport looks kinda lame. It doesn't seem like you really get a whole lot out from using it. Also I don't like that fact that it seems like the other person hosting you sim, can make your sims performance be horrible. I guess it's just the whole control thing for me. I like to have control over my sims, I don't want someone else being able to influence their job performance. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    So you have to have *two* Sims in the household before you can send one on tour...because at least one of the Sims has to be in one of the new careers.

I figured it is like that so you can actually continue playing when your sim is on tour or in the unfortunate event that your sim never comes back.
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just watched the video on simport. Maybe it's just me but in all honesty I think that simport looks kinda lame. It doesn't seem like you really get a whole lot out from using it. Also I don't like that fact that it seems like the other person hosting you sim, can make your sims performance be horrible. I guess it's just the whole control thing for me. I like to have control over my sims, I don't want someone else being able to influence their job performance. :)

I never thought of that. I was just going to use simport for the rewards though. I think I'd trust that the people I friended on this site wouldn't do that.(at least not purposely)
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    And I wonder how many players are going to be upset because they chose to play with only 1 or 2 trusted friends, but the friend doesn't accept the invitation with the time-frame of one day, because they didn't play their Sims game on the day the request was sent, or only played 3 days later.

I can see where having multiple friends would be an advantage, and why people will be prompted to make friends with strangers. It really doesn't sound like it's worth it to me.
    That's my biggest worry right there. I don't play every day, so if someone sent me a request on a day where I'm not playing, I won't see it. And the same this is true the other way around, where when I play, my friends probably aren't playing as well.

I wouldn't be concerned about this if the time limit was a week or even 5 days at the least, because that seems to make more sense. A 24 hour time limit is just asking for people to spam each other, which is something I really don't want.

I hope they explain the stamp rewarding process better in the live chat than they did in that video. I still don't know who got what stamps from that little example.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

*And* according to SimGuru Snelson, you have to be logged into your Origins account? What's up with that? I thought we didn't have to use Origins; SG Semedi (aka Producer Grant) said that we didn't have to use Origins. If I were playing on a Mac, I'd be a tad upset about this.

And also your sim has to be a level 2. That shocked me. They can't enter your friends game till they're a level 2.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited February 2012
    And also your sim has to be a level 2. That shocked me. They can't enter your friends game till they're a level 2.
    Why would that shock you?

In WA, you can't enter the Martial Arts tournament until you are Level 4 in that skill. And in Pets, you can't enter certain Riding competitions unless both your horse and your rider are at certain riding levels.

Being Level 2 in your career path before you can use SimPort seems perfectly fine.
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I believe the time limit is a way to get you to use the wall and private messaging so that you will be able to set up a time with your friends to do this. With the amount of money they are expecting to make, they will use any measures to get people to conform and use the whole thing.

As you said in several posts yesterday Jarsie, "optional my 🐸🐸🐸🐸"
    Long live the new Doctor!