Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thought the sale was off on the 27th of February for Lunar lakes

Hi all,
Anyone buy the new world Luna Lakes today? I did and I did not get the sale price. I just was charged the full price of 24.50 simpoints. From what I read is that the sale was over on the 27th of this month. It still said that when I made my purchase.

When I went to download it from my purchase history it said 2450 simpoints. Maybe the sale is over early?
Interesting maybe I was charged tax? Wow over 2.00 for tax?

Your sim friend,
Winterloc

Comments

• Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2012
    i think few people on this forum also got charged full price while it's still on for sale. you should go on customer support and explain the situation and ask for price adjustment :D
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • BettySwolluxBettySwollux Posts: 300 Member
    edited February 2012
    Unless you are lucky enough to get through to a support rep that actually knows the franchise, you should probably write off the 250 points as a loss

I mean that in the nicest possible way because I've had several dealings with support over the same issue recently :P

• PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited February 2012
    Contact EA support and they will refund you the 250, it has happened to a few people on here.

If you get a rep that doesn't understand or refuses then ask for a supervisor and go up the chain.
  • Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited February 2012
    I would definitely try to get it back.... It's worth real money, please don't just write it off. :)
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thank you everyone for answering my post :thumbup:

I agree I should not write it off. I just spent over 80 big ones on this site between the pre-order for Show time and the Luna Lakes and more simpoints. Yes 2.50 is 2.50 and I could still get some things from the store with that. One time I did contact Customer service and for my troubles they gave me a gift certificate of sorts, however it was no good and I could not do a thing with it and just ended up sending it to the trash bin.

Maybe I should do a shout out to a Sims 3 Guru. Hi Guru's I was over charged on Luna Lakes can you refund to my simspoint account the over charge of 2.50. I would love to buy some more things.

Thanks everyone. :thumbup:

Your sim friend,
    Winterloc
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm not sure a general shout out here to the gurus will be very successful, especially since they aren't the ones in charge of refunds. You'll need to go through CS to address that issue.

This thread has some helpful info and suggestions (especially the post I directly linked to).
    edited February 2012
    Hi all,
    I am on the phone right now with CS for my simpoints back. Thank you KLorelei. I went to the post you suggested and gave it a read. I called the CS phone number. I gave all my information and the CSR placed me on hold so he is conferring with someone on how to give back the 250simpoints. I hope it works out.
    Your sims friend,
    Winterloc

Edit: Just finished up with a supervisor of EA customer service. I have been told that my quary has been escalated to a higher level. That they will contact me via email and it could be anywhere from 10 days to several weeks before I get my sims points back. They have lots of issues with this. So we will see.
    Thanks everyone for the imput. I will just let it go and see what happens.
    Your sims friend,
    Winterloc
    edited February 2012
    Update on my 250 simpoints issue. I just check my email and I got a response back from EA. CS. Ha Ha I got a code to use for Origin not sure if this replaces my 250 simpoints but I will give it a go and see if it works. As once before I got one and it did not work. We will see. As stated in my email from EA CS the CASE is CLOSED :lol:

Happy Simming and thanks again,
    your sim friend,
    Winterloc