Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set!

I apologize if that has been posted already but I couldn't find it.

But I just noticed a new set is up for the Soothsayers Crystal Ball.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:48033

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited February 2012
    I apologize if that has been posted already but I couldn't find it.

But I just noticed a new set is up for the Soothsayers Crystal Ball.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=11488&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:48033

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Yes, it has been out for a little while now, but I am sure some people will appreciate you posting this as they may not have known. Incidentally, it is a fun set which can bring fortune, or mischief and misery, to your sims!
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited February 2012
    Is the Crystal Ball only available in the More Magic set and in this Soothsayers Crystal Ball set. (not indivdually)?
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited February 2012
    Yes, it has been out for a little while now, but I am sure some people will appreciate you posting this as they may not have known. Incidentally, it is a fun set which can bring fortune, or mischief and misery, to your sims!
    By 'it's been out for a little while' do you mean hours, days, weeks? Because i've never seen it in the store before and have literally only just seen it about an hour ago.
    shogunfish wrote:
    Is the Crystal Ball only available in the More Magic set and in this Soothsayers Crystal Ball set. (not indivdually)?
    Yes it's only available in those two sets, not completely individual.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks so much for the heads up! I for sure didn't know that was sitting there!

But I'm mad.
    At EA.
    Again. :roll:

You know... I think EA'd get a little bit more respect from people if they made an...earlier?...effort to have things available in a less money grasping way. :x I mean, this is 1/2 of the Magic Set which they already demanded practically $20 out of from thousands (maybe millions?) of customers already. Why NOW give us this...what...mini-Compliation? Is it to condescendingly pat the backs of those who MEANT IT when they said they couldn't afford the whole set (which they're only just prying for their cold clawed grasp and letting go to sale individiually (still don't see those hairs anywhere yet... :roll: ) )--so now they're gonna half the price AND the content inside? :hunf: They should have just made this 'set' from the very beginning. Are we going to now start seeing all of the sets diced into pieces at this late juncture? I mean--it's GREAT that they made the items a little more available (I for one REALLY appreciate the lower price! :XD: ) but it grates on me to see it done so late. i KNOW there's gotta be folks out there who paid full/discounted price when they know there were items in the More Magic set that they could have very well gone without. And then here this set is, weeks later. :roll:

Sorry--y'all must think Murf is out here tryna sell Dove, Irish Spring, Zest AND Clorox--I'm gonna leave my soapbox alone now! :XD:
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited February 2012
    Still not on it's own?

I like the look of the set, but can't afford it, the main one I would love to have is the Crystal Ball. If it gets put up individually at least then I can wait for it in the DD, but as it has been out for a few weeks now and put in another set, I am losing hope that they will put it up on it's own.

And why is it in a smaller set? That's a bit weird. I think I can understand them putting the three of them together, but not one and a couple of the other items.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited February 2012
    Why does the store team insist on doing things like this? They're making your customers angry. Repetitively.

I don't understand why they just can't make your customers happy in the first instance.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hm... I'm still not sure if I want to get this. I don't want that chair, I can only vaguely see myself using the male items for Showtime acts (and of course they will still pop up on random townies), and it doesn't even have two of the female hairs from the other set that I did want. Oh, and I just noticed that it's a hair over the amount of simpoints I have left, so I would have to top up. This wouldn't be a problem if the crystal ball were available by itself, EA!
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just learn to grasp the fact they just want your money.

Wait and you can get the stuff you want at a cheaper cost.

First release: They want you to buy the set for 1850 to 2250 Simpoints (During Sale Promotion or not)

A month later.... they release a subset for those who got the cauldron and the voodoo doll.

Pros:
    - Those of us who bought the voodoo and cauldron, but wanted the crystal ball later can pay 850 rather than 2250 now.
    - Those who just want the crystal ball can just buy this instead

Cons:
    - Those of us who want all the items but don't want to miss out impulse buys the set
    - Some of the clothes are still not in this subset and you'll have to buy the entire set if you want the other clothes.

They are just testing our patience if anything :\
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It's perfectly obvious they only want our money.

Many, like me, are happy to give it to them for the work they do.

Sadly, their "busines" decisions like these leave a bad taste in my mouth because it's just so transparent.

I wonder, if they had immediately offered the More Magic set, this Soothsayer's Crystal Ball set, as well as all items for sale individually, what would the difference in their sales be?

I really doubt the difference would be worth the price of angering their customers the way they do.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    It's perfectly obvious they only want our money.

Many, like me, are happy to give it to them for the work they do.

Sadly, their "busines" decisions like these leave a bad taste in my mouth because it's just so transparent.

I wonder, if they had immediately offered the More Magic set, this Soothsayer's Crystal Ball set, as well as all items for sale individually, what would the difference in their sales be?

I really doubt the difference would be worth the price of angering their customers the way they do.

Me and you both technically do not know the answer to that honestly. Maybe a lot of people bought the magic set, maybe not. It really does varie tbh.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Of course, but one does have to wonder how many people just won't buy the next one since this is obviously conditioning them to wait?

If they want to shoot themselves in the foot for short-term sales, they can be my guest.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Of course, but one does have to wonder how many people just won't buy the next one since this is obviously conditioning them to wait?

If they want to shoot themselves in the foot for short-term sales, they can be my guest.

Depends if they want all items badly or not. If you think about it in the long run, buying multiple sets any time regardless of price is more expensive than buying a combination set unless they go on daily deal, and that's what some people wait for too, the daily deal. That part has been going on for probably more than year (I just got here last year) probably since the Sims 3 Store was released (?).

For me, if it was an Asian Collection Set and all of the items are what I want badly, I would be one to buy it regardless of price, that's how impulse buying works and that's how consumers tend to shop a lot, very few, but still plenty tend to shop selectively believe it or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Which really is my point, is it not?

This is a NEW model for the store that started this year. Set, then compilation, then smaller set. Logically, impulse buyers would be more likely to buy the compilation set first, since it gave them the "best value" (and I use that term loosely).

Now, they're punishing those buyers, who were in fact probably accounting for a large portion of their profits, by this new model, which will perhaps condition them to not buy things when they're first released.

I'm not arguing that this is what many people do already (wait for the deals etc), but what kind of logical business would be creating a model that would increase that consumer group rather than the one that gives them more money?

Your points aren't incorrect at all, but when you look at the bigger picture rather than individual purchase decisions, I honestly think they're doing the store more damage than good.

Edit: actually apart from the "buying multiple sets in the long run" being more expensive. Daily deal shoppers would beg to differ.