Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Lunar Lakes Story :)

My possible legacy story taking place in Lunar Lakes. Written for a friend. Enjoy.

Chapter One: Waking Up

Comments

• slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2012
    Chapter One: Waking Up

The morning after my 16th birthday, I woke up. And, I can definitely say that I wasn't in my bedroom. For one thing, I noticed the gaping absence of my chemistry set that usually stood at the foot of my bed; I had grown accustomed to it's soft glow and bubbling sounds. For another, the room I happened to be in now was entirely too spacious to be my bedroom, and it was...purple.

Screenshot-44.jpg

Disoriented and confused, I tried to recall what had happened last night. I hadn't been drinking any sort of alcoholic substance, that's for sure, because I had been celebrating with my mom and sister-in-law, and they would have forbade such a thing.

What did I remember?

I remember blowing out the candles on my birthday cake. I remember the change overcoming my body as I morphed from a child to a teenager. But after that, my mind is frustratingly blank. Am I worried? Of course. But I have to do something. I can't just sit here, that won't solve anything. So, I decided to get up and explore my surroundings. Maybe then I would have some sort of clue about what happened to me.

Screenshot-51.jpg

I walked down a long hallway. An outdoor hallway. And found myself in another bedroom, this one with an orange theme. The bed was unmade and looked recently slept in. I pulled out my cellphone to check the time. I was dismayed to find it completely dead. That's when I looked out the window--and felt extremely sick. The scenery looked nothing like Union Cove, where I live. Well, where I used to live. Because apparently, I'm in a completely different world now, in someone else's house, and I don't know how I got here. My first thought is to figure out how to get home, but when I realize that I don't know how to go about doing this, I decided that I need to find someone to help me.

So, I go downstairs...

Screenshot-52.jpg

...to a living room that's empty. I have to admit, my stomach did flutter in happiness at the sight of the chess table at the other end of the room. I love chess. But then I shook myself. Someone has to be here right now, I told myself. So I kept wandering aimlessly, finding myself in a kitchen that is also empty.

Screenshot-53.jpg

I look outside to see a serene pool that is also uninhabited.

Screenshot-54.jpg

Panic is bubbling inside of me now. My last option is to check outside of the premises. Outside, the ground is sandy and hard, and it is stiflingly hot. The sun is beating down on me as I walk around the outside of the house. I am a vampire -- my whole family is -- but it's a good thing I am still a teenager. My powers haven't fully developed yet, thus I can go outside without the sun affecting me. If I were an adult and a full-fledged vampire, this would be extremely dangerous.

As I round the front corner of the large house, I finally notice a man watering some tiny plants. He is wearing a tight black jumpsuit, has shiny, metallic skin and bright blonde hair, like my mom's. Just behind him, I see some kind of crystallized tree that is glowing purple.

Screenshot-45.jpg

I'm slightly daunted by this strange sight. Who is this man, and why am I in his house? Why is his skin like that? And where, for the love of God, am I? I stand there, too scared to move or say a word, when he looks up and spots me. He starts to walk towards me, but I am too scared to run. I stay rooted to the spot, and don't say a word.

Screenshot-46.jpg

"You're awake!" He says with a smile on his face. I can only stare. Who are you I want to say, but I am too afraid.

This did not phase him. "I wasn't sure how long you were going to be out, but I'm glad to see you have come 'round."

My curiosity and survival instincts get the better of me. "Who are you, and where am I?" I say softly, vulnerably.

He sighs and frowns slightly. "It's a long story, and you're not going to like it. But, I'm hoping that in time you will come to forgive me and learn to trust me."

I tremble a little. I am scared.

"My name is Marlin. I am what you would call, an alien. This is Lunar Lakes, my home. I abducted you last night just after you turned 16. You won't remember any of it because I sedated you." He pauses to note my reaction. There is none. I am numb.

"I'm sorry," he says, and he really does look sorry. If I weren't so afraid, I would say that he was attractive, and not much older than me. I could tell that he was nice, timid even. That there wasn't an angry or mean ounce in his body. But that did not stop me from being terrified.

"Why did you take me," I whisper.

"I am a prince of this land. A couple of weeks ago was my coming of age party, so to speak. My family expects me to find a bride, someone who will lead the kingdom of Lunar Lakes when they are gone. I'm sorry to say, but there is no lady here that appeals to me. While traveling the galaxies not long ago, I saw you. You were such a beautiful child. I wanted you. I wanted to care for you, until you were old enough to be my bride. So last night, when you aged up, I abducted you. I brought you to my parents. But, they were appalled that I chose a girl not from our planet. And a girl who is somewhat supernatural at that." He shoots me a sideways glance, as if this last statement will offend me. I am in too much shock to be offended.

"Anyway, they banished me from the kingdom. Said that if this is who I want to marry, then fine. But I am no son of them anymore, and my family -- our family -- will be cursed for generations."

"And you expect me to go along with this?" I ask, horrified. "I don't even know you!"

"There is nothing I can do now," Marlin says sadly. "I no longer have a hovercraft, can no longer travel the galaxies. As part of the curse, you are stuck here -- I am stuck here -- until we die. But I promise, with all of my heart, to take good care of you and to never let any harm befall you."

To be continued...
  • XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited February 2012
    EEEEK! First to reply!! LOVE IT!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Whoops, i thought i turned caps off lol. oh well! It shows my excitement!! :D
  • XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited February 2012
    bumpedy-bump-bump-bump for you :)
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited February 2012
    bumpedy-bump-bump-bump for you :)

Aww, thanks girl. I don't think it's very good, so I'm not expecting many readers. I'm just doing this for you, and well, maybe myself too. :P