Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lissykin's Studio Showcase ~ Legacy Landing - No CC pg.19 ~

Comments

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I have been searching the Internet to find out about how to find the spotted sixam bird for you. It might be best to use a large bird spawner?
    This thread talks about the bird spawner.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/821807/bird-snake-turtle-spawner

This is the post where it says where to find the spawner.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13451617/#Comment_13451617

Thank you for the help and links, rose! I really appreciate it. I agree that the spawner is the answer. Thanks again! :)
    anettesb wrote: »
    oh it looks amazing... I have no idea how to get the owl....I only seen it very rarely... 1 time at a fishing hole in AP.... but I think Rose is right, if you live on the lot as you build maybe ad the spawner and look for it every now and then, then remove the spawner when you find one...
    or maybe some one uploaded a lot/sim with it and you can "steel" the owl

if you can't get the owl an other large bird will be ok

Thanks to you as well, anette! :) I ended up finding a mod (thank you, Kementari!) that will let me add the Spotted Sixam right to the cage. Short work of that! lol

I appreciate challenges like this, because it leads me to all sorts of fun conversations and new information. Learning new things everyday! :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Lissykin wrote: »
    oh it looks amazing... I have no idea how to get the owl....I only seen it very rarely... 1 time at a fishing hole in AP.... but I think Rose is right, if you live on the lot as you build maybe ad the spawner and look for it every now and then, then remove the spawner when you find one...
    or maybe some one uploaded a lot/sim with it and you can "steel" the owl

if you can't get the owl an other large bird will be ok

Thanks to you as well, anette! :) I ended up finding a mod (thank you, Kementari!) that will let me add the Spotted Sixam right to the cage. Short work of that! lol

I appreciate challenges like this, because it leads me to all sorts of fun conversations and new information. Learning new things everyday! :)

oh fantastic there is a mod :smiley:

that mod I like to know more about...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳

No problem! Share the wealth, right? The first mod comes from NRaas. It's called DebugEnabler (I hope it's okay to share the links here :/) and allows the placement of minor pets and a ton of additional functions; the other feature I'll be using for your build is the adding of all the skill books to a bookcase. I'm excited to try it out and see what all it does.

The other one I've been using is the Remove stencils/overlays mod from Mod The Sims. It's just what the title states, and allows the removal of decorations and stencils in build/buy mode as well as CAS. Woot! It doesn't unlock stencils and designs like AznSensei did for us, but I like being able to remove stencils that don't work with my particular design. It also allows me to remove the shininess/reflectiveness of some objects.

Back to work I go! :) *hugs*

No problem! Share the wealth, right? The first mod comes from NRaas. It's called DebugEnabler (I hope it's okay to share the links here :/) and allows the placement of minor pets and a ton of additional functions; the other feature I'll be using for your build is the adding of all the skill books to a bookcase. I'm excited to try it out and see what all it does.

The other one I've been using is the Remove stencils/overlays mod from Mod The Sims. It's just what the title states, and allows the removal of decorations and stencils in build/buy mode as well as CAS. Woot! It doesn't unlock stencils and designs like AznSensei did for us, but I like being able to remove stencils that don't work with my particular design. It also allows me to remove the shininess/reflectiveness of some objects.

Back to work I go! :) *hugs*

oh I have both... not use to using hte first

and the hiddenstensils by aznsensei I havn't got to work as a easy solution yet.... wants to just downloade 1 set and they there... or have a check list there is to many I get lots

the remove stencils I LOVE... I even use it on clothes.... and the codes deco s/o is much used by me
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited July 2015
    Hi again! I come bearing more WIP pics. lol
    I've been working on the interiors. So far I've placed the main items in the rooms, but not finalized all the of the decorating. The main items are there, but the decorating isn't complete. I hope that makes sense. lol

Here's the radio room, art room, science lab, and work/sculpture room:
    ibe4qKmd9bAAh0.jpg
    inVJuIzcppJTz.jpg
    ifLGFPiOVxzFU.jpg
    ibooXOVTmYuuTx.jpg
    ibamXrrQ2DAz2j.jpg
    ibs00cI6TZHmZr.jpg

I did make a small change to the arrangement of items; I placed the business briefcase from Uni in the radio room, since the library wasn't large enough to allow it. Please keep in mind that this isn't the final representation of how the rooms will look. I still need to add decor and may change little things here or there once I begin play testing. :)

Also, a while back I'd mentioned my sweet rabbit, Bunny Foo Foo. She's almost a year old now, and just a treasure of a pet. We believe her to be a Dutch/Satin mix. Here's a few pictures of her:
    ibeZhK053ZYbfT.jpgidO9uEencj4MY.jpgigdGun7h8ZE2b.jpgibdOm2fkFTkLAV.jpgibi2q7lI7v0HNJ.jpgiD7b07xxby9Cw.jpg

I hope everyone is having a good day! :smiley:

oh looking great

and love your rabbit
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The rooms are looking great! :) It looks very nice how you have placed the items in the room.
    Your rabbit is so very cute! :) Thankyou very much for sharing pictures of her here with us.
    Thank you! :)
    edited July 2015
    I really like the curtains near the brain enchanter
    and the red light in the safty shower
    also the way the basment is this moderen study are is briliant

and the garagae door will give a great light if they open it on nice hot days
    also all the planet posters from ITF... I never thought of them.. or that there was so many... thats fantastik
    edited August 2015
    @anettesb: More pics! :)
    The gym and locker rooms are finished. The locker rooms are fully decorated, but I'm not finished with the gym. I think I may add some achievement awards and medals on the walls. Out of the DP content, do you have the 'wall of sports fame' piece? I'm not sure if I'll use it, but I'm considering it. Also, would you like 'yoga mats' (rugs) placed in the corner of the dance floor as decor?

ihKq76k1cNI35.jpg
    ibgTkw1IK8KwtF.jpg
    i3yGagTzgHd2j.jpg
    iL3gDR81bWfQO.jpg

I'm really pleased you like it so far. Thank you for all the comments! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The gym and locker rooms look great! :) The textures of the walls and the floors in the rooms look very nice! The areas of the gym area looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the fitness equipment in the gym and that you have a martial arts section. Sims will enjoy doing dancing using the dance bar in the corner raised nook area. The fencing of the nook area is nice. It looks very nice how you have designed the locker rooms! The towels are nice touches on the walls. The shades of blue and pink that you have used are nice.
    They are very nice rooms! :)
    edited August 2015
    @anettesb: More pics! :)
    The gym and locker rooms are finished. The locker rooms are fully decorated, but I'm not finished with the gym. I think I may add some achievement awards and medals on the walls. Out of the DP content, do you have the 'wall of sports fame' piece? I'm not sure if I'll use it, but I'm considering it. Also, would you like 'yoga mats' (rugs) placed in the corner of the dance floor as decor?

I'm really pleased you like it so far. Thank you for all the comments! :)

yes I have that

and yes I like that

question... can the bath rooms be locked so guys don't go in the shared girls room?

with out me haveing to lock for every single sim? + the showers you used is not public... so that will give play problem

maybe a shared locker rooma and bath rooms + toilets on the site in own rooms... not like they need much locker room as they live there
    I love the look but it is a bit to much a gym that you go to and not a home gym.
    the bathroom/toilet there... dosnt need to be that masive (we do have the ones near the bedrooms, and logically the sims living would change in their rooms atleast for my story)

if that makes sense

sauna and massage table also welcome
    Thanks for the feedback! :)

Sounds like I went the wrong direction with the gym area/locker rooms. If the lot is designated as a dorm than you can lock the doors to only allow sims of the appropriate gender for each locker room. However I can understand how that is more than what you're looking for. I'll redesign it as a massage room and post new pics. Thanks again. :)
    Thanks for the feedback! :)

Sounds like I went the wrong direction with the gym area/locker rooms. If the lot is designated as a dorm than you can lock the doors to only allow sims of the appropriate gender for each locker room. However I can understand how that is more than what you're looking for. I'll redesign it as a massage room and post new pics. Thanks again. :)

thank you

yea I do want a gym/work out area

but not a gym like if you go to the gym with lockers and stuff..... sure a single shower for the quicke shower after work out, and a toilet... but

I think you got it

I do like how you made the villa extend underground with many new rooms... and the sience room is just brilliant.

and yes do put work out and uni deco in the work out area... and hall way there.
    edited August 2015
    Oh good, I think we're on the same page now. :)

Here's the update:
    ibsZ2Xx5fZD5V5.jpg
    ihPDjkCrHfo99.jpg

Since there's a shower in the science lab across the way (and near all the bedrooms) I omitted the showers from the bath. I did include a toilet and sink. Is this closer to what you had in mind?
    love it

yes it is

using the shows at the sigens lab is just fine... multi use I like

I see a bit of the hall in the last picture... do I se shelws over bookcase? I like or maybe it's the party/media room...

you keeping me guessing (in a good way) when I can't see all the rooms in 1 level

I do hope some roommates will use some of all these items.... but we see. atleast my sims have the posibility with out haveing to run all over campus
    wondering if you add the posters that shows how to work out (I think they from the dance studio)

jup "Flex and Stretch Wall Poster"
    lol about the intrigue. Totally didn't do that intentionally. lol

The bit your seeing is the entry from the garage into the basement. I figured since it was transitional I'd supplement a quiet library-ish spot. :)

I plan on using all those posters, and some fitness awards. I've not done a build with this much WIP before, and it's proving to be a lot of fun. Thank you for taking this long walk with me while we build the best darn dorm ever. lol *hugs*
    lol about the intrigue. Totally didn't do that intentionally. lol

The bit your seeing is the entry from the garage into the basement. I figured since it was transitional I'd supplement a quiet library-ish spot. :)

I plan on using all those posters, and some fitness awards. I've not done a build with this much WIP before, and it's proving to be a lot of fun. Thank you for taking this long walk with me while we build the best darn dorm ever. lol *hugs*

I enjoy it to

it is fun to talk about the build and see what you do, whan I got ideas I fail to do then I can better say oh what if...

like that it is a site and read spot

yup the best dorm in uni town... every one wants to be there...
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi! I started flaring, so I had to take a break. I just started working again, and have a few more pics to share:

ib1W5EVaJUCIA4.jpg
    ibtjMrazU30wqn.jpg
    ib8MEjGfp4Zfm.jpg

The bathroom is a spare off the kitchenette area. Did I make the kitchenette like you wanted? Is the seating too much?
    I've just started putting the party room together and should have an update for you soon. For the wall mural, did you want the projector from Into the Future, or would you prefer the wall covering murals of the castle, waves or space?

Btw, the two factor log in for my EA account has locked me out, and the text won't work. It used to be instantaneous so when it didn't come through when I requested it, I waited about a half an hour and requested it again. This happened 3 times until it locked me out for too many requests. 7 hours later I see that I have a ton of texts; there were my codes. GAH! When I set up the two factor log in it gave me a series of back up codes that do not work. I can't reach anyone at EA because I can't log in to my account. I'm so annoyed. I hope I can reach someone about this tomorrow. Until then, the dna account will have to do. lol
    Post edited by DNARequestTeam on
    SLpPUp.png
    I like the kitcenet... it is the party kitchen? in that case I like a LN juice bar there... I love for it to be in the same room as the party room (even if just open hall... so the music flow. the numbers of seatings is nice (as long as the sims don't use it if they take food in the normal kitchen (then I want them to use the dinning room) oh and do keep room for counter top dancing and snack bowls.

like how it looks

as for murals would be like the uni street art ;) or what ever you see fit the area (though not the castle/wave or space... ) but posters ectra is just fine.

the glimt of the washing room look nice perfect to have 2 washers and 2 driers (thats what I saw right)

hope you get your acount fixed soon... I hate when it happens... especially if on the non office days...
  • DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh good! I'm glad you like it. It's separate from the party room. I hadn't envisioned that the party and kitchenette would be shared. It's a little crowded in the party room, so I divided up the eating/snack area so that it's a place to come and grab a little something to eat away from all the action. I also saw it as a place to relax and grab a quick meal without having to go all the way upstairs if they're busy working in the gym, lab or skill area. In play testing I'll check to see if they take their regular meals down there, and if they do I'll change it to lower comfort bar stools or higher comfort in the dining room. :)

In the party room, there's the LN bar and seating with room for bar dancing and snack bowls. They have all the fun in one big space:
    ig1N1svEuNhou.jpg
    ibMJUQBFLEqPB.jpg
    i7SMZwWL3R2X7.jpg

If you don't like this, I can rearrange it to be more of a seating area where the kitchenette is and then put the microwave/fridge in the party room. Please keep in mind that I've not organized the room yet, just placed everything in there. The stage area will look different when I'm done, and many of the items will be in totally different spots. The walls will have art murals. I'm so happy with that idea!! I couldn't think of how to fit any of the others into my vision. :)

*Thanks for the encouragement with my account! I really hope I can get in soon. It feels so weird to not be me! lol
    SLpPUp.png
    ah you did it this way... then sperat is great as a quite spot to go when the party is on :+1:

but maybe no juice bar in the snack kitchen. (my sims graviat to it when hungry)

you don't have to put every version of each game type in the basment... just a few
    oh and can we drop the bubble gum machine?
    edited August 2015
    That's just what I needed to know. I'll remove the juice bar, bubble gun machine and some of the games...it's amazing how many are in available in game. I selected less than half. lol Is there a few in particular that you'd like me to include (or exclude) specifically? Would you like both the hockey and foosball table?
    Thank you for your input! I'm almost ready to get started on the the magic room. That's my favorite! :)

Edit:
    On a side note: I finally got into my account!!! I was so happy. It's amazing how disconnected I felt not being able to get on the forums. Anyway, when I spoke to EA customer service they told me that the text retrieval for two step verification is glitched, as well as the backup codes generated for text retrieval. So, if you use two step verification be sure to change it to email. :)