Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using community objects on residential lots?

Is there any way to use community build objects on residential lots without having to start the lot off as community first- then changing it once you have the items on the lot?

I want to place the domes on a residential lot in LL. I did it the first time by making the lot a community lot, placing the dome I wanted on the lot, then changing it to residential BEFORE I moved the sim in. However, I want to try doing a semi-legacy in LL- which means that to start with, she will be starting with nothing and working her way from the ground up. I'd rather not have to move her out of the lot, change the zoning, add a dome, change the zoning again and then move her back in.

Is there a cheat code that will allow you to buy/use community objects on residential lots?

Comments

• dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited February 2012
    Have you tried RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off? I don't know if it will work for what you want but it is worth a try. :-)
    2rxu2ph.png
  • ChanC97ChanC97 Posts: 324 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'll have to try that. I didn't even know such a cheat existed! :lol:
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2012
    Umm there is a way of getting Community items on home lots.

Open up cheat console then type I think "BuyDebug On" without the commas.

Its been awhile since I used that cheat but if thats not the correct way the cheat is spelt. When cheat console is up type Help. It shows you all the available cheats to type and enable/disable and you just need to look for BuyDebug and then type it exactly as it is. And also make sure you put with BuyDebug On. Then you go into buy mode into the types view and you should see the ? symbol as a new cateogory option to open after clicking.

And there you have it. Community objects for home lots.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi,

I think the buydebug on code only works with the testingcheatsenabled true code on.
    Don't forget to turn it off - buydebug off and testingcheatsenabled false. :)
  • KaeddileinKaeddilein Posts: 18
    edited November 2012
    I was trying to make a little shop on my sims home lot, and couldn't get the cash register even with buydebug. Probably for the best, as I don't want some random sim hanging around all day waiting to sell things... But perhaps I'll give this RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off a try!

Does anyone know, if you use the Public Room Marker on your home lot, will random neighborhood sims come by and hang out?
  • Dabest1234554321Dabest1234554321 Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Umm..Is there any other cheats because neither of them worked.
  • angelcakepony47angelcakepony47 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2014

Cheats meaning for what you wanted to do or more cheats period?
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014

Shift + Control + C then type testingcheatsenabled true.

Shift + Control + C then type buydebug

(Don't need on or off)

I never turn either off while I'm playing.

I believe the domes are under Community lot objects and don't come up in buydebug but you can check.

Buydebug items appear under the ? mark in buy mode.