Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey guys!

I know this doesn't belong here, but can you help me out? I was looking into buying a new computer.. looking at <a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+17.3"+Pavilion+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Dark+Umber/4810952.p?id=1218532171061&amp;skuId=4810952&quot;&gt;this one in particular</a>, how well would it run the game? Would it be worth it in the long run? Any help is greatly appreciated :)">

Comments

• MetallicjuniorMetallicjunior Posts: 1,246 New Member
    edited February 2012
    AmberM66 wrote:
    I know this doesn't belong here, but can you help me out? I was looking into buying a new computer.. looking at <a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+17.3"+Pavilion+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Dark+Umber/4810952.p?id=1218532171061&amp;skuId=4810952&quot;&gt;this one in particular</a>, how well would it run the game? Would it be worth it in the long run? Any help is greatly appreciated :)">

750GB Harddrive.

Woah.

I'd say it'd play the game preetttyy dang well. looks like a really cool laptop.

XD, I'm no professional, so dont take my word for it. xD. but with a 750GB hard drive I'm sure it would last you a long time.
  • chibimimiruchibimimiru Posts: 16
    edited February 2012
    Personally (not to rain on your parade or anything) but I strongly advise you to put your money towards a desktop for your games since it is much easier to upgrade than a laptop (speaking from experience). I am currently sim-disabled since my game is super lagging and I only had this one for about 3years. I get a lot of blue screens, my laptop over heats easily and well, there isn't much space on it with all the expansions, downloads and stuff packs that I like to add... Though, I'm not entirely familiar with HP but I can say that my Toshiba was considered 'great quality' until I put my games on it :(
    Moral of the story: Regular laptops + PC games = not a good mix...

But then again, that's just me :wink:

As a response to your link, it actually looks like it can last quite a while. It has a good core system and a nice amount of ram (esp since it's expandable). THe graphics card is great, too. For that price, it looks like you will be Simming for a looooong time :)
  • Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well with the specifications it has it should run the game really well. I have an Hp pavilion, with Intel HD Graphics and it runs pretty well. Its not the best because its not a gaming laptop but the one you are looking at has Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the core is 2nd generation so its a little bit better.
    hs3c.png
  • Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited February 2012
    Personally (not to rain on your parade or anything) but I strongly advise you to put your money towards a desktop for your games since it is much easier to upgrade than a laptop (speaking from experience). I am currently sim-disabled since my game is super lagging and I only had this one for about 3years. I get a lot of blue screens, my laptop over heats easily and well, there isn't much space on it with all the expansions, downloads and stuff packs that I like to add... Though, I'm not entirely familiar with HP but I can say that my Toshiba was considered 'great quality' until I put my games on it :(
    Moral of the story: Regular laptops + PC games = not a good mix...

But then again, that's just me :wink:

As a response to your link, it actually looks like it can last quite a while. It has a good core system and a nice amount of ram (esp since it's expandable). THe graphics card is great, too. For that price, it looks like you will be Simming for a looooong time :)

But like she says its way better a desktop. For example if you get tired of your laptop or its giving you problems and you want to replace or upgrade the video card, you wont be able too. With Intel Graphics its integrated so your stuck with that. With a desktop you can easily upgrade for a better graphics video card; so that is a plus.
    hs3c.png
  • AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I'd much rather have a desktop but I share my room with my two year old son...and there's no room for it at all. So I'm stuck with a laptop for now. I'm just not happy with the computer I currently have. I have all my settings on low and it still lags constantly and I'm sick of it
  • LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited February 2012
    that's really good specs for a laptop! I Have an HP G61 that I got back in 2010and It sill runs great! It has 3GB RAM and AMD Sempron It runs the really good with advanced rendering on like this----> http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerChick4Ever?feature=mhee#p/u/9/40iKwKC-svg
    I also recently got a desktop with much of the same specs as your laptop,But it cannot play the game on the highest settings with advanced rendering on,So I play with it off on the highest settings. Now you can of course lower the settings and leave advanced rendering on but for me I find it kind of pointless :lol:
    also quxxn on youtube (She has TS3 Let's Plays :D ) gives a little help on deciding on a computer http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerChick4Ever?feature=mhee#p/u/9/40iKwKC-svg
  • 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited February 2012
    If you want a laptop, I would go with this one. It is also a HP Pavilion but a different version.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4166409

This is the one I use and haven't had any problems yet. I was told it is even more powerful than a desktop, but I don't know if that was just for them to sell it to me or it is the truth. But my game has been running smooth since. It's also great for watching movies. I highly recommend you get this one.

Here is all of the info:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02064097&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN