The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❗❗ Wait... HE'S BACK?! (it's been 3 years in the making) - New Lot: Hotel Paradiso p. 30 ❗❗

Comments

• SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Wibble! I'm just trying to do my monthly creation catch up! :wink: I have seen most of yours already but I added some of them to my favorites. Even though I had already recommended them, I must have forgotten to fave them at the time. Your moderns are my favorite of course, but they are all beautiful.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nordstein is a great build, it would fit perfectly in Aurora Skies, it has a very Nordic vibe! Recommended :mrgreen:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ooooh how lovely! I adore the kitchen and the bedroom. :D :thumbup: :thumbup: Nice palette and beautiful decor.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the retro feel of Nordstein Wib! Great use of color both inside and out. REc'd. :D
  • savvy12965savvy12965 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Heyy!!
    I'm somewhat new to Simming, and I would love to build awesome houses. is there anywhere specific you learned how to build your houses? I love your modern technique and have downloaded many of your homes from the Exchange. Please help! :roll: :thumbup: keep up the good work!
  • WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2013
    savvy12965 wrote:
    Heyy!!
    I'm somewhat new to Simming, and I would love to build awesome houses. is there anywhere specific you learned how to build your houses? I love your modern technique and have downloaded many of your homes from the Exchange. Please help! :roll: :thumbup: keep up the good work!

Oh my! This is so lovely :) thank you!

I'm really glad you enjoy my work (and honestly shocked that you'd find it amongst the rest of the talent here, lol ;)) and I appreciate you taking the time to comment here.

To improve my building, I look to other people for inspiration, both in the sims community, and in real life. The build tools are your friend, and getting to know them can pay off in the long run. I believe the most vital step to becoming a proficient builder is practising techniques to build confidence. Perhaps try downloading work you enjoy from the exchange, then replicate it in your own game to learn how certain things fit together? (Just remember that it is strongly frowned upon to reupload people's creations, or even copies of people's creations, so avoid that to remain in good stead with users here :D)!

There are some great resources around the internet, and on the forums, that can help you learn building techniques. I would suggest, that if you want to learn my modern technique, then follow this link to read a course I taught about a year ago on building a modern house from an image.

Feel free to come back and ask any more queries. If you want feedback from the wider community, then starting your own Work In Progress (WIP) thread would be a good idea so you can post pictures and get tips from talented people on here! :)

I hope you find this useful ;).

--Wibble :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Wibble's love your creations... I hope you have a wonderful week....
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited July 2013
    Wibble,
    Your builds make me smile. So creative and so FULL of character.

Awesome! Just awesome!

toodles,
    Cassee
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    edited January 2014
    ARMY008 – PLEASE CHECK IN

I you've made it here, then – exciting news – I'm going to be building you the house of your dreams! Haha, or in any case, just a nice house :mrgreen:

I have some ideas for your house, and if you could answer the questions below, I'd be very grateful.
      I live in the UK, so my style of Victoran may be rather different to yours. I have some images which I love (and I will post below) for you to look at. Could you please give me your opinion of these?
      I am in full time education, currently studying for my end-of-high-school exams. This does hinder how long I will be able to work for you during the week. If you have a problem with timings or if this house is a matter of urgency, please speak up, as I am known to take a long time on requests. I hope this is ok for you.

Now, onto the pictures. Are these what you were thinking?

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

I hope to combine elements of both the properties (for example, the red brick and styling of the first image, but also the courtyard and landscaping of the second). If these are not to the style you were thinking of, please say so quickly so I can do some more research. Otherwise, I'm happy to start ASAP.

Thanks!
    • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
      edited January 2014
      Hi Wibble! Welcome back! Nice to see you in the forums again. :D Looking forward to seeing your Victorian.
    • Army008Army008 Posts: 141 Member
      edited January 2014

I you've made it here, then – exciting news – I'm going to be building you the house of your dreams! Haha, or in any case, just a nice house :mrgreen:

I have some ideas for your house, and if you could answer the questions below, I'd be very grateful.
        I live in the UK, so my style of Victoran may be rather different to yours. I have some images which I love (and I will post below) for you to look at. Could you please give me your opinion of these?
        I am in full time education, currently studying for my end-of-high-school exams. This does hinder how long I will be able to work for you during the week. If you have a problem with timings or if this house is a matter of urgency, please speak up, as I am known to take a long time on requests. I hope this is ok for you.

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

I hope to combine elements of both the properties (for example, the red brick and styling of the first image, but also the courtyard and landscaping of the second). If these are not to the style you were thinking of, please say so quickly so I can do some more research. Otherwise, I'm happy to start ASAP.

Thanks!
        Thank you for claiming my request the two pictures are exactly what I had in mind and I have no problem with waiting
        edited January 2014
        Army008 wrote:

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks!
          Thank you for claiming my request the two pictures are exactly what I had in mind and I have no problem with waiting

Oh,wonderful! I may be able to do something tomorrow, but I'm not making any promises. I'm so excited to build this! :D
          edited January 2014
          yanti68 wrote:
          Hi Wibble! Welcome back! Nice to see you in the forums again. :D Looking forward to seeing your Victorian.

Thanks, Yanti! It's so nice to see you again. :)
          edited January 2014
          rosemow wrote:
          It is great that you are back building! :) Happy simming! :)

Thank you, Rose! Happy Simming to you as well. :3
          edited January 2014
          Army008 wrote:

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks!

Oh,wonderful! I may be able to do something tomorrow, but I'm not making any promises. I'm so excited to build this! :D

Oooo I can't wait
          • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
            edited January 2014
            Passing through to say hello and welcome back... :mrgreen:

Hello :D Welcome back :D *bops out*
            edited January 2014
            Army, I have something ready to show you, but I will have to wait until tomorrow (Friday) evening to post them as I am busy until then. Hopefully you will like what you see! :)
            edited January 2014
            Manssom wrote:
            Passing through to say hello and welcome back... :mrgreen:

Hello :D Welcome back :D *bops out*

Hi, Manssom!!! :mrgreen:
          • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
            edited January 2014
            Hi Wibble :D Good to see you here back at the CC forum. :D I love your two inspiration Pictures and I am looking forward to see what you come up with. :D Folly
            edited January 2014
            follyfoot wrote:
            Hi Wibble :D Good to see you here back at the CC forum. :D I love your two inspiration Pictures and I am looking forward to see what you come up with. :D Folly

Hi Folly! :D So excited you are looking forward to this build. I'm really enjoying it. I actually found this new image the other day and it really inspired me as to how the house shouldn't look in game. I ended up taking the frontage from this house (surprisingly successfully, I should add ;)) and using image number one in my previous post as the basis for the side of the property.

image-1.jpg

Army, what do you think?
            edited January 2014
            follyfoot wrote:

Hi Folly! :D So excited you are looking forward to this build. I'm really enjoying it. I actually found this new image the other day and it really inspired me as to how the house shouldn't look in game. I ended up taking the frontage from this house (surprisingly successfully, I should add ;)) and using image number one in my previous post as the basis for the side of the property.

image-1.jpg

Army, what do you think?

I think it looks really cool so far
            edited January 2014
            Army008 wrote:
            follyfoot wrote:

Army, what do you think?

Awesome! I can have some pictures up in a bit if you like?

EDIT: I'm in game at the moment and I'm thinking I could start decorating the property. If you're going to be using this house for your sims, are there any specific colours (like their favourite colours) that I should think about incorporating? Perhaps if I knew a little about your family and their interests then I could get something done that you'll love. :3

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I've decorated the house, but I haven't done any furnishing. Do you want me to furnish it in a traditional Victorian way, or a more contemporary way, with an essence of Victorian sophistication?
            Post edited by Unknown User on
            edited January 2014
            Army008 wrote:
            follyfoot wrote:

Army, what do you think?

EDIT: I'm in game at the moment and I'm thinking I could start decorating the property. If you're going to be using this house for your sims, are there any specific colours (like their favourite colours) that I should think about incorporating? Perhaps if I knew a little about your family and their interests then I could get something done that you'll love. :3

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I've decorated the house, but I haven't done any furnishing. Do you want me to furnish it in a traditional Victorian way, or a more contemporary way, with an essence of Victorian sophistication?

I think with an essence of Victorian sophistication my family is going to be a single dad who is a vampire and he adopts four vampire sons I haven't really created them yet, but I do know one son will be into sports and another will be a nerd.
            edited January 2014
            Army008 wrote:
            Army008 wrote:
            follyfoot wrote:

Army, what do you think?

I think with an essence of Victorian sophistication my family is going to be a single dad who is a vampire and he adopts four vampire sons I haven't really created them yet, but I do know one son will be into sports and another will be a nerd.

Great! That gives me a lot of help, thanks.

Now if you'll just hang on a second...