Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there Anyway way to get the in-game pet store without getting the limited edition?

Hi there so im wanting to buy the sims 3 pets but i want the llimited edition for the in-game pet store... and i cant find the limited edition anywhere... is there any other way to get the pet store?

Comments

• evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Nope only with the limited edition.
  • Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited February 2012
    And you had to preorder, or be at the stores on release day to get the limited edition. And, there isn't any other way. Hence why it was called limited edition
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited February 2012
    You could search Half.com, eBay, and the Amazon marketplace for a used version.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2012
    your really not missing anything, honestly. i have the pet store, and after placing it and looking around, i never used it again. its really not that goodl, and doesnt offer any special content
  • leggokatzleggokatz Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited February 2012
    Yup, what Zeri said and another thing is that the cash register won't work from what I hear, I have it and haven't even registered it yet lol...
  • ItchanItchan Posts: 41 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Well, if you have a friend, or someone else, that has the limited edition, I guess you can ask them if they can give you the file of the pet store.
  • eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2012
    Itchan wrote:
    Well, if you have a friend, or someone else, that has the limited edition, I guess you can ask them if they can give you the file of the pet store.

Won't work. I saw on the pets walkthru, they said that ONLY pets limited Edition could have the petshop. If you got normal pets the petshop would NOT work. I got pets limited edition, but I am too lazy to activate it. :lol:
    353235_b.jpg
  • Obscene666Obscene666 Posts: 746 Member
    edited February 2012
    Just get the limited, it's the exact same price as the regular.
    8Eciy6e.gif
  • ItchanItchan Posts: 41 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Itchan wrote:

Won't work. I saw on the pets walkthru, they said that ONLY pets limited Edition could have the petshop. If you got normal pets the petshop would NOT work. I got pets limited edition, but I am too lazy to activate it. :lol:

Oh :? I didn't know that....
  • TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    When you guys are talking about the Pet Shop are you referring to "Graham's Pet Swap Shop (Pet Store)" ?

Because if so, I think if you buy off origin you will be able to get it.

EDIT: Here is what I'm talking about, if it's something different please ignore me :XD:

6890993531_dd67241c37_b.jpg

Here is the version of Pets I have on Origin:

6890993881_e6c8d43f0d_b.jpg
  • LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't have the limeted Edition and I have the pet store, when I registered my game on here it came up in my purchase history, and I downloaded it and I have everything that came in the store if you got the LE. Just get a normal version, register your game on this site, then check your purchase history and it might be there, but your not missing out on much.
  • TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't have the limeted Edition and I have the pet store, when I registered my game on here it came up in my purchase history, and I downloaded it and I have everything that came in the store if you got the LE. Just get a normal version, register your game on this site, then check your purchase history and it might be there, but your not missing out on much.

I did register mine as well, that's probably what did it. :mrgreen:

If LittleMissShibby didn't buy it off Origin then I'm sure it's safe to assume anywhere you can get The Sims 3 Pets EP, you'll be able to get the Pet Store as long as it has a valid registration key.

Thanks for that add Shibby. :mrgreen:
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited February 2012
    The pet store is no big deal, I never even put it in my game, a waste of a lot.
  • LittleMissShibbyLittleMissShibby Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2012
    Tankadanka wrote:
    I did register mine as well, that's probably what did it. :mrgreen:

If LittleMissShibby didn't buy it off Origin then I'm sure it's safe to assume anywhere you can get The Sims 3 Pets EP, you'll be able to get the Pet Store as long as it has a valid registration key.

Yeah, I got mine from a store called Game, Im not sure if Game is an American store or not but Im in England so..... yeah :mrgreen:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited February 2012
    My husband got me the limited edition one from Best Buys at christmas. It came with 2 codes, 1 for the game itself and the other one was for the pet store. I didn't have to enter the second code in to get the pet store. When I entered the disc code I automatically got the store.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    edited February 2012
    You could probably recreate it, if you are into building. Basically, it just sells stuff for pets, not the pets themselves. Likely, you can convert an empty lot using the drop-menu and from there, build a "pet store" loaded with pet supplies. I haven't tried this, because I do have the Limited Edition. But give it a go and see if it works.

Otherwise, unless you get lucky enough to find a used copy of it, I have no answer for you. Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Didn't everyone get the pet store in the end, because they effed up with the LE stuff? I know a lot of people in the UK were cross because we had to buy it from play.com to get the hardcopy of the LE, which was more expensive than buying the regular version, only to find that we could've saved money and got the store anyway?

I know there was some uproar anyway. People who didn't buy the LE got the LE content.
  • LOULIGHTFOOT1976LOULIGHTFOOT1976 Posts: 160 Member
    I've got the game can't regiter the game as the code has bin used so I can't even get any of the stuff let alone the pet store I can't get another code I have only 1 code can't use it I got mine off ebay
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, yes - that's the drawback to buying your games used. I bought Pets through Origin, and I believe I did get access to the limited edition items and pet shop with that. Also, @LOULIGHTFOOT1976 , this thread is six years old, so it is likely to be closed shortly by the moderators.
  • LOULIGHTFOOT1976LOULIGHTFOOT1976 Posts: 160 Member
    my code expired 6 yrs ago even though the game was shrunk wrapped like brand new
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    my code expired 6 yrs ago even though the game was shrunk wrapped like brand new
    It doesn't matter. You did not purchase the game from an authorized reseller. No one on these forums can assist with that. The only ones who can, if they can at all, would be EA Customer Service. But you actually have to be willing to buy the game from EA or an authorized reseller to qualify for customer support because otherwise, technically, you are not really their customer.

The proverbial ship has probably sailed long ago on the Limited Edition thing, though. That's why they call them "Limited."
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top