Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Elemental! A CAS/design contest! All gifted! :D

Comments

• Srich83Srich83 Posts: 468 Member
    edited February 2012
    Im done with mine, Im just seriously lacking the "wow" factor....I want it to be simple and not too busy, but something is still missing...

and I forgot to save the links to the patterns :?
  • Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ok its official I am done with Bliss. I posted the correct links and photos.
    ps; thank you smash ^_^

^ Your quite welcome :lol:
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2012
  • vanacakesvanacakes Posts: 353
    edited February 2012
    Entrants Name: Vanacakes
    Sim Name: Willow Springs
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5193901
    Element chosen: Earth
    Description/Bio: Coming
    Pictures: Coming

Lot description: Earthy Home
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5193904
    Pictures: Coming

Just wanted to get this up so i can come back in later and add pictures, a lot easier for me to keep track of lol.
  • MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited February 2012
    Loving the creativity I'm seeing here!! Have added entries and partial entrues to the front page. :D

• oiswiseoiswise Posts: 482 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sim Name: Eve Gardener

http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5202630
    Element chosen: Earth

Description/Bio: Mother Nature has been grooming a few of her favorite children, in hopes of one of them being able to take over soon. Its a tough job and while its very rewarding, Mother Nature would love to retire. Secretly her favorite child, Eve Gardener has a good shot at being the new Mother Nature. Eve is a Five Star Chef who is an Eco-Friendly, Vegetarian Sim with a Green Thumb and a Good Sense of Humor. Her favorite color is green and her favorite meal is organic autumn salad (made with produce she grew in her garden).

Pictures:

I'd like to introduce you to Eve Gardener. She is in her yard practicing Martial Arts with her dummy. *This is an IN GAME PHOTO, not altered in any way.* She Loves the Outdoors, traveling and exploring tombs. She enjoys the feel of the earth between her fingers and the different sensations on her feet she gets walking on earth's various surfaces. The only outfit Eve will wear shoes with is her formal.

screenshot_original.jpg

Eve in her everyday outfit. I choose this outfit because it reminds me of the earth symbol, with the Blues and Greens. Its also playful. Eve has a great sense of humor. Mother Nature has been known to have quite a sense of humor herself. Eve is in her front yard by the steps to the porch.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Eve admires her Chef's REWARD. Not only does it give her a good moodlet, its very Eco-Friendly as Left Overs stay Fresh FOREVER. (This is Her Head Shot)

screenshot_original.jpg

Eve sporting her swimsuit with a pattern of Grapes and Vines. Very fitting as she squishes the "Fruits of Her Labor" into Nectar.

screenshot_original.jpg

Lot description: "PARADISE ON EARTH". Eve decides to tackle the challenge of making an eyesore into Paradise on Earth. Eve loves the tactile feel of her feet on cool stone. She hand picked the stones she thought looked nice together for a floor pattern.

Eve doesn't understand why they call such plain colors "earth tones". She wonders if people have taken the time to see the beauty of a sunset or grassy knoll. All the pretty flowers and trees in various shades? Her home is decorated to show her love of nature and the beautiful colors in it.

Remodel of 43 Waterlily Lane (unoccupied)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5357301

Pictures:

Trying to be "Be Green" Eve installed as many solar panels on her roof as would fit. Loving being Outdoors, she has made her yard the place for her and her friends to jam. She indulged her love of trees and flowers with fruit trees, flowering trees, decorative trees of different colors, and of course flowers.

screenshot_original.jpg

Half of Eve's Bedroom. She really loves her flower and mushroom table lamps. The blue treasure chest contains goodies from her trips and some other fun stuff. Eve is playing chess with her new roommate Morag Cramer(Docusat's Former Avatar: http://llnw.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4559452)

screenshot_original.jpg

Other Half of Eve's Bedroom. Credit where credit is due... all the recolors are my own except two. Both are by sharonxyz and were used with permission. The chess board and the stack of suitcases She no longer has them in her studio so I removed the link to them.

screenshot_original.jpg

Eve is sitting in the book nook of the second bedroom. Its cozy, tucked in between the guest bathroom and two exterior walls. The windows behind her and on her right allow the sights, smells and sounds of Outdoors to waft in. Eve has quite the book collection. She has at least one copy of EVERY BOOK from her local bookstore, China, Egypt, and France. Eve has incense burners, from her travels, in both bedrooms that give good moodlets.

screenshot_original.jpg

When coming in the front door, this is the left half of the living room. Eve is grooving to the Phonograph with her roommate Morag Cramer(Docusat's Former Avatar: http://llnw.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4559452). Eve is in her Formal. I picked this as her formal as it just had an "earthy" feel" and of course its green with flowers, and a slit that shows off her legs. Link to "Exotic yet Earthy" Eve's Formal: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5242418

screenshot_original.jpg

The right half of the living room. Freezer Bunny watches over Eve as she works out to the fitness channel.

screenshot_original.jpg

Floor Plan:

screenshot_original.jpg

Eve in her Sleepwear. She is in the corner of the kitchen. Standing between the Nectar Racks and the table, in front of the Fortune Cookie Maker.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • HGriffinlovessimsHGriffinlovessims Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2012
    I can't decide what to do I will think on it a play around with my sims and get back to you!
  • Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited February 2012
    I havent had a chance to go back and read but when does part 1 end?

I think I will try to do an earth elemetal if I have time...
  • llynnyiallynnyia Posts: 2,251 New Member
    edited February 2012
    i thought i had lost this tread but no it had just gotten shoved back to page five...
  • vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2012
    btw elphaba, i got my link issues taken care of and both are now on my original entry page ^_^
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2012
    Additional Info:

Tip: (thanks Puddinroy for raising this))

To get pictures of your sim in your lot, you will have to save them to your game as a household, then move them into the empty lot, using the edit town feature. If you need further help with this, please ask.

Kayla_Elaine has kindly offered her services as a judge. Thanks very much hun! We would love another judge to join us! :D

SmashBridges20 has also kindly offered her services as a judge - and will be sponsoring this contest with 1000 sim points!! Thank you so much!!

MissE what about the white around the edges of the pictures?
    :) Smile!

edited February 2012
    Entrants Name: Llynnyia
    Sim Name:Okai Donagan ( from the old John Wayne movie Donagans reef!)
    Link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5206905
    Element chosen:Water
    Description/Bio:
    One night while working at a tourist Lula , on the big island, freckled half Irish, girl Okai Donagan, decided she wanted a life of world travel and adventure. However life has a funny way of changing our plans that very night Okai got a phone call from the mainland it was her fathers estates-man. Her father whom she had never even meet had left her a home in some place called Sunset valley. This was the opportunity Okai was looking for and just perhaps she could find a little aloha spirit for herself.
    Pictures:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Lot description:
    When Okai arrived in sunset valley she was appalled by the swine like conditions her biological father had lived in but the life insurance money took care of all that. She started by adding a pond on and under the already raised platform house she couldn't help it water was who she is.
    She built a open and airy greatroom to best make the space less claustrophobic because the place was pretty small to begin with. She decorated in her favorite colors aqua and golden yellow.The finishing touch on the one bedroom, two bath house was to hang painting she herself had painted back on the big island across the great waters so far away.
    Link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5206911#
    Pictures:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Thank you
    edited February 2012
    after looking at everyone else's i feel like mine is so plain but then again i tend to go for subtle vs over the top!
  • FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    edited February 2012
    MissE, would you put me down for Dark, please. I'll have an entry up tomorrow once I get the pictures. I have both the house and the sim completed and will upload them tomorrow.

Also, this has been so much fun, and I have so many ideas in my head for the houses, that I'll probably be entering one of each (I hope that's still okay). :D Thanks for holding such an incredibly fun contest!
  • goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited February 2012
    Miss E. I think I have decided to do the Air theme. The idea is pretty solid now so I should have something to you soon.
  • MewlyarMewlyar Posts: 1,043 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Ok, so here goes:
    Entrants Name: Mewlyar
    Sim Name: Clair Shineson
    Link: (Not being stupid, I assume this is the link to the uploaded version? If so, it's here: ) http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5209815
    Element chosen: Light
    Description/Bio: Clair is a Sim dedicated to the cause of Light. She is bright, cheerful, and friendly to all - plants, two-legged and four-legged Sims. Her devotion to her lifestyle has earned her the gift of Luck from the sun and moon. Her one wish is to find a Unicorn - a mythical beast that also has a connection to the moon - and befriend it.
    Pictures:
    Head Shot:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Formal Wear:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Sleepwear:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Exercise wear:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    All but the top picture were taken inside the house I modelled for her.
    House will follow in next post. (Edited - typos.)
  • MewlyarMewlyar Posts: 1,043 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Lot description: The House of Light: A house desiged for Sims who love Light. Features a lot of big, wide windows and mirrors to create illusions of light and space. Has one bedroom, kitchen/dining area with five chairs, and bathroom. The lounge is large and contains several activities to keep Sims busy. The house is themed in white and gold with some silver.
    Link: http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5209814
    Pictures:
    Aerial view of whole house:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Living Room:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Kitchen and Dining Area:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Bedroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Bathroom:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Aerial View with Placement Grid:
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited February 2012
    Some great new entries here! I'll add them to the front page tomorrow (it's getting late here and my eyes are getting tired!).

Keep 'em coming! :D
    edited February 2012
    No custom patterns used, only recolors of existing patterns in CAS.

Entrants Name: Faoiltearna
    Sim Name: Victor d'Arque
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5209588
    Element chosen: Dark
    Description/Bio: Traits: Evil, Kleptomaniac, Mean-spirited, Grumpy, Unflirty

Victor d'Arque never really knew his parents. They were around, but didn't take the time to get to know their only child... but what do you expect when your parents are the Empress of Evil and a Master Thief? With no other example to live by, he grew up elegantly dark and twisted. His life's ambition is to rule the world with an iron fist encased in a velvet glove - the Emperor of Evil.

Pictures:

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Dark hair with red overtones highlight Victor's red-tinted skin and deep red eyes.

Screenshot-29-1-1.jpg

Screenshot-18-1-1.jpg
    Relaxing his private sanctum - his kitty-bunny jammies and pink bunny slippers are a great way to take his mind briefly off the trials of becoming Emperor of Evil.

Lot description: Dark Abode - 1br, 1ba
    Surrounded by a full-height fence and buckthorn bushes, this is the perfect house for those Sims with nefarious deeds in mind - or those who merely want to discourage visitors. Decorated in dark colors and dark themes, this is not a house for the faint of heart.

**The first thing Victor did when breaking off on his own was to buy an already inhabited house, and evict the residents. He cleared all the things that made his house seem friendly and inviting. Then he had buckthorn bushes planted and the wrought-iron fence installed. That task completed, he had the interior remodeled. Dark colors (black, deep grey, and blood red), the dark furniture, and the candles used for lighting give the house a forboding feeling - making it the perfect residence for Victor to conduct his domination of Sunset Valley's underworld.**

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5209587
    Pictures:
    Screenshot-8-1.jpg
    Screenshot-10-2.jpg
    Screenshot-27-1.jpg
    Screenshot-23-1.jpg
    Screenshot-21-1.jpg
    Screenshot-13-1.jpg
    Screenshot-18-2.jpg
    Screenshot-19-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.
  • vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm liking the bunny slippers Faoiltearna
  • redheadbekahredheadbekah Posts: 17
    edited February 2012
    This sounds fun! Mark me down for water, I don't know how to get my house to you, so I'll just post it on the exchange with the kewords : It's Elemental! Contest entry.
  • Emmy0322Emmy0322 Posts: 1,239 New Member
    edited February 2012
    All the entries look great! I gave each a rec. I should be done with mine pretty soon.
    edited February 2012
    I'm liking the bunny slippers Faoiltearna

Thanks! When I mentioned giving him bunny slippers both my husband (who doesn't Sim) and my oldest son (who does) thought it was a fantastic idea. So Victor got bunny slippers. :D
  • mnopxs2mnopxs2 Posts: 2,119 Member
    edited February 2012
    I would love to enter! But I have no idea what element I will use, but I will get to work now!
    Death.png