Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Elemental! A CAS/design contest! All gifted! :D

Comments

• Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Kayla. I hope that she can enter too. We have been entering different contests up till now, but we both wanted to do this one.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Should have waited a second to post, lol. Thanks, MissE will tell her and I am sure she will get to work on hers. She wants Dark as her element.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi MissElpheba,
    I really would like to enter.

Also I would like to use Patterns I made, But I have a question :!:
    Does it matter that the patterns will not be properly attached to anything on the lot or on the sim :?: I do not know if you have heard of the problems alot of us are having with CAP ( of which some have had as far back as Sep/Oct 2010.) Clothing turn out white,with the lots for some reason only one pattern will stick and it will not be where it was originaly put :shock: The Gurus finaly said they will look into it and see if it can be fixed. But till then the patterns are not acting right. except a few that some how escape what ever is going on. Please let me know if it is still ok for me to use CAP Pattterns :|
  • Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh this sounds like so much fun! I've had ideas for Elementals (minus the light and dark ones) for a while now, so this might be just the way to bring them to pixelated life! :D

I'm not sure which one(s) I will be making, but please add my name to the list of those want to participate.

Thanks, Miss E!
  • Options
    Mom2EliasMom2Elias Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2012
    Hi MissElpheba!

I'm dying to enter, but I can't right now (morning sickness + moving = blah), but a long time ago, I entered and won first place (but never received the prize for...) a similar contest. I created a sim for each element plus a residential lot from scratch.

There were lots of other great entries too so I thought I'd share it for inspiration for the others who enter!
    List of Entries from Mystik's Elemental Contest[/url]
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi MissElpheba,
    I really would like to enter.

Also I would like to use Patterns I made, But I have a question :!:
    Does it matter that the patterns will not be properly attached to anything on the lot or on the sim :?: I do not know if you have heard of the problems alot of us are having with CAP ( of which some have had as far back as Sep/Oct 2010.) Clothing turn out white,with the lots for some reason only one pattern will stick and it will not be where it was originally put :shock: The Gurus finally said they will look into it and see if it can be fixed. But till then the patterns are not acting right. except a few that some how escape what ever is going on. Please let me know if it is still ok for me to use CAP Pattterns :|

Hi hun, yes I am aware of this and it sucks. But as long as your images show off the patterns you use and you link to the patterns on the exchange, then that is fine. That's partly why I asked people to include the links to any patterns that they use, so, if for some reason the pattern doesn't stick AND it doesn't travel with the lot or sim when installed, then it can still be found and attached as closely to the designer's intentions as the pictures suggest (and also because I think it's important to give credit where credit's due).

I've been doing my best to repair unstuck patterns in my game for a while - I'm glad the guru's have finally acknowledged the problem. :)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Mom2Elias wrote:
    Hi MissElpheba!

I'm dying to enter, but I can't right now (morning sickness + moving = blah), but a long time ago, I entered and won first place (but never received the prize for...) a similar contest. I created a sim for each element plus a residential lot from scratch.

There were lots of other great entries too so I thought I'd share it for inspiration for the others who enter!
    List of Entries from Mystik's Elemental Contest[/url]

Sorry to read you're still suffering with morning sickness hun :( Here's hoping it will miraculously go away in the next few days and that you'll have time to enter. ((hugs))

I hadn't realised there was a previous similar contest in May (I wasn't here then) :oops: :oops: I guess I should have searched and checked. But it's an idea I've been toying with for a while, and I hope enough people, both new and old, will enter great submissions. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Entry Form

Please use the following:

Entrants Name: Potterphyle's Daughter
    Sim Name: Kurai Nowary
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5186497
    Element chosen: Dark
    Description/Bio: Traits: Grumpy, Ambitious, Evil, Dislikes Children, Kleptomaniac
    After a hard life, Kurai swore her vengence on the people who ruined her childhood. She quickly learned the power of darkness and became an avenger for her life. Kurai wishes to regain all the items stolen from her the only way she knows how, stealing it. ~potterphyle's daughter~
    Pictures:

Everyday
    EverydayK.jpg
    Formal
    FormalK2.jpg
    Sleepwear
    SleepwearK.jpg
    Athletic
    AthleticK.jpg
    Swimwear
    SwimwearK.jpg

Lot description: The evil Kurai Nowaru lives in the darkened home. The hate she feels just isn't enough. She must live in ebony and crimson to display her fury. ~created by. potterphyles daughter~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5200718 (original link)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5234250 (updated with lot description)

Pictures:

Interior.jpg
    Bedroom.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    Livingroom.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    Study.jpg

Link to her photo album on photobucket for all her pictures.
    http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/potterphyle/Potterphyles daughter/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ouh this awesome! Reserve me as water please! I'm off to go make my model and such! :D
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited February 2012
    I would like to enter, My chosen element is Dark
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Ouh this awesome! Reserve me as water please! I'm off to go make my model and such! :D

Added 8and added Rubysim too)

BTW - awesome Elphie Gif in your sig!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Kayla_ElaineKayla_Elaine Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oooh, sign-ups and part of an entry already :mrgreen:
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2012
    ooooooooOOOOOooooo....
    I wonder if I should just entries as they come in so I can be ahead of the curve, or wait until we get them all...hmm. well, considering edits can be done, I think I should wait.
  • Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2012
    have decided that i want to do this, i'll be doing dark ^_^ it's the interior design that will be the hardest for me >.<
  • Options
    vanacakesvanacakes Posts: 353
    edited February 2012
    Count me in for earth for sure, and possibly a few others.

Air and light kinda go hand in hand to me though honestly lol
  • Options
    Smash_box29Smash_box29 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited February 2012
    I am very interested in this because i hate building but love decorating. Since air and light have not been yet chosen I am definately choosing one of those but im leaning towards air. I agree they both go hand in hand but I have an idea to seperate them but dont wanna say since thats how im going to design my home so ill just explain then. So really interested just dont want to submit entry for air if it doesnt work the way i intend to just yet.

*edit- If air works out i will be doing it but I just read you can submit more than one entry so I might do both now instead of one or the other.
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh, we can enter more than one design?
    That's good to know.

I was thinking of doing air, too.
  • Options
    chrang7520chrang7520 Posts: 407 Member
    edited February 2012
    I would like to enter please for the light element.
  • Options
    Emmy0322Emmy0322 Posts: 1,239 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm thinking I might try fire.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    when remodeling is there a price range? Like do we have to keep around the same price of the house or can me go over?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Smash_box I read over the rules in case it was posted and was just missed, it wasn't so I guess MissE will have to answer when she gets online again
  • Options
    ladysilverwingsladysilverwings Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'd love to enter this contest with a "light" sim/redecoration :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Smash_box I read over the rules in case it was posted and was just missed, it wasn't so I guess MissE will have to answer when she gets online again

^ I also did to make sure before I posted my question I didnt want to look like a dolt

Thank You for checking to though I am only human.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

^ I also did to make sure before I posted my question I didnt want to look like a dolt

Thank You for checking to though I am only human.
    I figured you also checked but I do that sometimes, am searching so much for something that I miss it :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hey hey!!

Will add all new entries later, but I saw there was a question.

There is no price limit on remodelling - be as lavish or frugal as your heart desires!! :D:D