Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Treasure Hunt!

The Sims 3 FB page just posted that there is a new treasure hunt starting today!

http://www.thesims3.com/community/treasureHunt
The Sims 3 Treasure Hunt is on and your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to explore The Sims 3 Store and complete 6 objectives around the site. The Reward for completing all 6 objectives is the Never Ending Honeymoon Set! Whoever says the honeymoon is over never used their imagination and this luxurious set!

The treasure hunt ends February 21st. Head to the Treasure Hunt page to find out more information on the objectives. Happy Hunting!

The link doesn't work for me but I guess that's because i'm from the UK

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2012
    Is this set already in the store like with the last treasure hunt or is it only available thru this? It doesn't sound like anything we have with them saying whoever said the honeymoon was over.

Edit
    Neverending Honeymoon Set is new. I've never seen it. I hope it doesn't include the bear rug,romantic picnic basket and other love themed stuff.

Edit Again
    I no longer see the treasure chest thing on my simpage.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for posting, if this is only for the US again I will be really annoyed with EA :?
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited February 2012
    Is this set already in the store like with the last treasure hunt or is it only available thru this? It doesn't sound like anything we have with them saying whoever said the honeymoon was over.

Edit
    Neverending Honeymoon Set is new. I've never seen it. I hope it doesn't include the bear rug,romantic picnic basket and other love themed stuff.

OMG it is a set from Sims 2, the BV bedroom. I don't know how to post pictures to the page. Cat see if you can do it.

Here is the link again. Thanks!!!

http://www.thesims3.com/community/treasureHunt
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited February 2012
    miklc wrote:
    Thanks for posting, if this is only for the US again I will be really annoyed with EA :?

No problem and me too seeing as it's a new set and this is the only way to get it.
  • Options
    JennygirlJennygirl Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oooh yes thank you for posting! I loved that bed and TV. ME WANT!
    Earning badges is hard though. (at least any I don't already have). Hopefully they'll release this in the store too.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I can't get to the link. They must have took the page down temporarely but thanks for posting. Is there a bear rug?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Earning badges is hard though. (at least any I don't already have). Hopefully they'll release this in the store too.

Would you post some pics as I can't get the link to work.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for posting that! I was not aware of this until now...too bad I did ALL of those things this weekend :( and I dont plan on buying simpoints again for a while...I really want this set if it is new!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:

Would you post some pics as I can't get the link to work.

The page is working for me but if you cant get to it, just copy the link below:
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/catloverplayer/myachievements
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Here is the pic of the link:
    treasurehunt-1.png

Never ending Honeymoon Set includes:
    Deluxe Double Bed
    Mostly Comfy Chair
    Deluxe Stain Resistant Love Seat
    Econo End Table
    Warm and Fuzzy TV

Im confused..do these items exist in the store already? When I search for them, I dont see anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I changed to google chrome and I was able to get to the link. This site hates IE 8. Shame this set isn't offered to buy. It looks a lot like the sims 2 version as you can see in the pics above. Oh and thanks for posting the pic.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited February 2012
    The link only brings me to Liam. :( I guess Canadians are not invited? Oh well, I bought a bundle awhile ago and I still have most of the points left, so I have no interest in purchasing another one.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    treasurehunt-1.png

Deluxe Double Bed
    Mostly Comfy Chair
    Econo End Table
    Warm and Fuzzy TV

Thank you, that's what I was trying to do and failing miserably. lol
  • Options
    LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I changed to google chrome and I was able to get to the link. This site hates IE 8. Shame this set isn't offered to buy. It looks a lot like the sims 2 version as you can see in the pics above. Oh and thanks for posting the pic.

I'm on google chrome and I can't get that link to work :?
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited February 2012
    Much as I would love to participate...since the sim store won't let me purchase points with the EA balance I already have, they have pretty much made this impossible for me. Stupid to purchase points with a credit card, when I already have money on the account I can't use without going to origin...where I doubt I would get credit for the purchase towards the treasure hunt.
  • Options
    Crizzy2468Crizzy2468 Posts: 628 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'd like this set, but if one of the requirements is earning a new rewards badge... I'm not sure if I'm even close to earning any new badges.

Also, does gifting the daily deal count towards both gifting a friend and purchasing a daily deal?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    treasurehunt-1.png

Deluxe Double Bed
    Mostly Comfy Chair
    Econo End Table
    Warm and Fuzzy TV

Im confused..do these items exist in the store already? When I search for them, I dont see anything.

No these are only specific to this treasure hunt. This set isn't in the store.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Crizzy2468 wrote:

Also, does gifting the daily deal count towards both gifting a friend and purchasing a daily deal?

I doubt it, then you only spend $ once.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I am on IE 8 and it works for me..how weird is that!? but uploading stuff doesnt and also pictures have been weird today and yesterday..not sure what's going on but this site is a pain!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Jennygirl wrote:
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    treasurehunt-1.png

Deluxe Double Bed
    Mostly Comfy Chair
    Econo End Table
    Warm and Fuzzy TV

Thank you, that's what I was trying to do and failing miserably. lol

No problem..it was being a pain for me too--I had to zoom out to 75% for the whole thing to fit in the screenshot so hopefully the words arent too small.
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited February 2012

Me neither, it's probably because i'm from the UK though. I really want this set I wish they sold it in the store in the future.
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited February 2012
    Hey guys,
    The treasure hunt is global, means that everyone can see it and participate =)
    So each locale page has the page /community/treasureHunt so you can see the info.

Yes the module from the mypage has been put away, but you can check your progress on
    /mypage/SimGuruRusskii/myachievements <-- just put your persona name there. Or go to My page -> My treasure hunts on the header menu.

Any questions let us know.

• Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2012
    How do you earn a rewards badge?
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited February 2012
    you can do by sharing memories or being featured by the simgurus on the exchange, there are also a number here:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/badges <if you are not from the Us put your xx.thesims3.com/community/badges

The only ones that don't count for this hunt is the friendship badges unfortunately.
  • Options
    Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    edited February 2012
    Would I have had to visit the treasure hunt page first prior to doing any of the tasks for them to count? Because I bought a Simpoint bundle yesterday, and I bought the Daily Deal this morning, but I just now clicked on the Treasure Hunt page, and those tasks weren't checked off.