Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot tear I just can't get rid of ... any suggestions?

mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
At 2 Hidden Cove in Birdie Atol - there is a lot tear I simply cannot get rid of. I've tried re-placing the lot several times now and the lot tear won't go away. I've even tried placing the lot elsewhere, and I STILL get this tear.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

This is really getting me down because I really do want this house right here. I'm also somewhat irked that I can't place a lot anywhere else w/o a lot tear. Can anyone give me some advice?

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Meh, I covered it up with heather, a garden border all the way around the lot (except where the path meets the lot) and lots of white and blue hydrangeas ... I hope it masks the tear well enough.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited February 2012
    mikitta47 wrote:
    Meh, I covered it up with heather, a garden border all the way around the lot (except where the path meets the lot) and lots of white and blue hydrangeas ... I hope it masks the tear well enough.

God Bless,
    mik

:lol: Basic rule of building maintenance: If you cant fix it, hide it. :wink:
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited February 2012
    Mik, I don`t know if placing a small fence (you know those low wood and brick fences?) around the lot might help disguise the tear. If the tear isn`t too bad (I know, the fact that it`s there is usually enough to pull your hair out...if my avatar could speak :wink: ), then adding one of those low fences might help. Though, I don`t know if that option would be applicable for the lot in question.
    As Doc suggests; if at first you don`t succeed...disguise.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Working on trying to get that tear fixed - I moved the lot around and managed to make the tear pretty small, though I was unable to eradicate it entirely. I placed the fence and lots of bushes - and it hid things. The only spot you can see it is where the path is.

Thank you for the encouragement, guys :) Not to say I'm glad it's happened to you (because I'm not) but it is a comfort to know I'm not the only one who's had this problem!

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited February 2012
    You could also try exporting and then importing your height map. This has proven to help me in the past :)

Just make sure to back-up your save in case of anything going wonky. One thing you need to make sure you do is re-connect any bridges to roads after you do this.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Pyronium - I tried that and it just wouldn't take. I even tried placing the lot elsewhere and it still tore. But I think the gardening I did at least masks the issue.

The house from it's front aspect
    gardenedup3.jpg

The path where it b.u.tts up against the lot
    gardenedup2.jpg

The other area where the garden border and plants don't cover the lot edge
    gardenedup1.jpg

I think it looks ok now. I just hope that if anyone removes the house and wants to build something else on the lot, it doesn't tear worse.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Docsprock wrote:
    mikitta47 wrote:

God Bless,
    mik

:lol: Basic rule of building maintenance: If you cant fix it, hide it. :wink:

So true :mrgreen: !