Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to deliver food.

How do I put food in my sim`s inventory for a delivery.

Comments

• Suenell73Suenell73 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2009
    I couldn't find a way to make a group meal.
  • SandrahSandrah Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was able to simply click and drag the meal from the counter directly into my sims inventory when I tried it.
  • jadedsimsjunkyjadedsimsjunky Posts: 337 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Yes I put a whole plate of pancakes in the inventory of one of my sims (made by that sim) to deliver as per an opportunity to some guy downtown. It asked for 1 serve, I made 1 serve then it said when I went to take it to him I had not completed the task yet - meaning twice the food went off in her inventory.
  • bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited December 2009
    To make a group serving simply do what you would to serve a meal...when your sim is done cooking the meal pause so they dont eat it and open inventory and drag it in. then you have to take it where it needs to go before it spoils or your sim gets disgusted.
  • AvengerAvenger Posts: 980 New Member
    edited December 2009
    The way to complete this opportunity is to "serve dinner/lunch" (this is the group meal because it serves more than one).

Open your inventory tab, once the meal is placed on the counter click the meal and drag it into your inventory. Go to "map" view and the person who you're making the dish or meal for will be shown (a little picture of where they are in town). Click that person's picture and you'll be given the option to "deliver meal/dish", choose that & you'll Sim will go to that person.

Make sure you follow your Sim, sometimes they go to that person but don't deliver the dish & it'll go off. If they don't automatically deliver the dish just click on the person who wanted the dish & the option will be there (in red I think).

I also suggest you stay with this Sim until the opportunity is complete, once members of my household started taking servings of the meal & I had to start again.
    edited December 2009
    avenger sim i believe it was a glitch as when i clicked on the map view and the face of the person i wanted to deliver it to, it said you have not completed the task but i had a full plate of pancakes in my inventory.
  • Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited December 2009
    avenger sim i believe it was a glitch as when i clicked on the map view and the face of the person i wanted to deliver it to, it said you have not completed the task but i had a full plate of pancakes in my inventory.

jaded - it may be a glitch as that has happened to me before and I just had to delete the opportunity before it expired. But it may also be that the opp. calls for a meal of a specific quality, such as excellent or perfect. Make sure that the meal you have in your inventory matches that criteria, because if not, you will still be told that you do not have the required items in your inventory.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited December 2009
    did it say serving or group serving? it could be a single plate or group meal.
    And have u checked whether it has to be a certain quality. Also it has to the the actual sim with the opp who does it. I havent had this problem.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    edited January 2010
    Thanks everyone I believe it was regarding quality as to why it did not work. After I went back and checked I realised.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top