Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Specific book covers

Hi does anyone know if there is a list somewhere of the different book covers and what genre they belong to?

For example, the brightly coloured one is Children's, The red cover with two sims on the front is Romance and the black one with green/red thing on front is Sci Fi...

I want to know what genre they all are as I'm splitting the books between different bookcases for teen, child, etc.

Comments

• NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited February 2012
    No one knows?
    edited February 2012
    Wow im surprised no one knows any!

I think the green and white one with the detective on the front is mystery.

I'd especially like to know what the yellow one is and the one that looks like a country side...
  • BigBadMushroomBigBadMushroom Posts: 730 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Can't you just tell from the name of the books?
  • nakiBexnakiBex Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm not sure either, but I did find this:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bookstore

At the bottom of the page it gives you a run down of the general books. Perhaps you can match them up yourself in the game based on this. I'm interested to know as well.
    edited February 2012
    Can't you just tell from the name of the books?

^^ Was my initial thought.
    But have you seen some of the names?!
    Majority of them make no sense and the rest are so obscure that there's no way of telling...
    edited February 2012
    nakiBex wrote:
    I'm not sure either, but I did find this:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bookstore

At the bottom of the page it gives you a run down of the general books. Perhaps you can match them up yourself in the game based on this. I'm interested to know as well.

Thanks for the link :)
    I'll have a go, I'm pretty sure the weird yellow book is Satire, Exit at Powell is one of the only names I remember!
  • TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    My post was 404'd: Joy, it works now.

I found this via google:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Books
    edited February 2012
    Tankadanka wrote:
    My post was 404'd: Joy, it works now.

I found this via google:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Books

Thanks hun, but Iv officially given up. Was doing fine with sorting them all by covers, books from store seem to follow a set rule.

As soon as I started on books from France, Egypt and China it just got messed up. They have 3 different genres all with same cover then one mystery book as a different cover to another mystery book!!
  • TankadankaTankadanka Posts: 793 Member
    edited February 2012
    Thanks hun, but Iv officially given up. Was doing fine with sorting them all by covers, books from store seem to follow a set rule.

As soon as I started on books from France, Egypt and China it just got messed up. They have 3 different genres all with same cover then one mystery book as a different cover to another mystery book!!

You can dedicate a bookshelf to general foreign books and include the foreign skill books to the normal skill books bookshelf? Or 3 bookshelves, one for each country (although I think combining them all would make more sense since there aren't that many books).

Sorry to hear it's giving you trouble, but with the way Sims read and tidy up autonomously they'd probably just mess it all up anyway. :XD:

I think it's still doable though, good luck with however you decide to go about it. :mrgreen:
  • nakiBexnakiBex Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2012
    Tankadanka wrote:

You can dedicate a bookshelf to general foreign books and include the foreign skill books to the normal skill books bookshelf? Or 3 bookshelves, one for each country (although I think combining them all would make more sense since there aren't that many books).

That's a great idea! I never thought to do this :D That would make things so much easier lol
    Right...I'm off to my bookshelves!!!!
    edited February 2012
    Tankadanka wrote:

Sorry to hear it's giving you trouble, but with the way Sims read and tidy up autonomously they'd probably just mess it all up anyway. :XD:

I think it's still doable though, good luck with however you decide to go about it. :mrgreen:

Thank You (:
    That is a really good idea, and I may do that on my next generation as my current house is nice and snug (:
    Because the thing is I've already got 5 book cases in my house! I think my OCD has leaked into my game too!!

I've got Skill Books in Living room, Recipes and Fishing books in Dining room, Music books upstairs in the music room and a bookcase in both bedrooms which have the ordinary books split between them.
    I then also have all the toddler books in my family inventory as my only child is half way through being a teen!!