Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voodoo Doll Not Working

Hey guys. I did a search for this but could not find anything.
I'm having an issue with the Voodoo doll.

I seem to be able to bind the doll ( I get the message saying it's bound) but then it will not preform any of the actions. I click on an action and it shows up in the left hand corner but then nothing happens.

Does anyone know if there is a work around for this ? I have both the spell book and the FOY do I need to get rid of one of those for this to work ?

Cheers for any help you can give me, the voodoo doll is the one thing I was really really excited about. :(

Oh, I forgot to mention that my game is up to date with patches and both the crystal ball and the cauldron work.

Comments

• sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh, I was hoping I'd wake up this morning to a buncha answers. hehe. Is everyone's doll working but mine ? Hmm wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Please help.
  • veg_kathrynveg_kathryn Posts: 1,677
    edited February 2012
    I don't have the doll and therefore can't help you. I just wanted to say that the Sim in your avi is GORGEOUS! LOVE the piercings! :)
    edited February 2012
    Hi thank you very much ! I can't recall where I got this set of piercings from, but if you're looking for some there are some great ones here http://rubb3rducki3s.blogspot.com.au/p/my-creations.html I use those a lot as well.

Happy simming !
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2012
    She reminds me of a dark haired version of Pink in her face.

I haven't had any problem with the voodoo doll, but only used it twice. It worked both times.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Maybe there's a mod in your game that's affecting it?
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited February 2012
    I only had problem one time but that was trying to bind the doll to the thief that was fighting with everyone in the house, other than that no problems.
    edited February 2012
    Ug I'm frustrated. I emailed the EA help and got a response saying since it'sa game play issue to post here for help. Ea doesn't wanna hear it I'm afraid.

Thanks for trying to help guys.

This makes me laugh.. "
    However, the best people to speak to would be the developers and the only way to do that would be to post your issue or enquiry on the forums. By posting your issue on the forums, you may also get assistance or suggestions or information from the fellow gamers who have expertise regarding the issue."

Poor devs already have so much to do, I can't foresee one being in a hurry to sit down and help me here.

Normally, I'd shrug it off but I really really wanted this voodoo doll and am really disappointed.
  • charliejongcharliejong Posts: 907 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Just wanted to know if this got resolved too. :) I am cautious about buying it now.
    edited February 2012
    Just wanted to know if this got resolved too. :) I am cautious about buying it now.

No, I'm sorry to report not as of yet. I wrote a reply letting the Email consultant know I was unhappy and they wrote back with their standard write you off comment of " Uninstall and then reinstall your game, I am sure this will sove your issue"

I've had quite a few bugs and have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times that I'd have to repys the base game and WA ...not gonna happen. I was too disgusted to write another comment back.

That said, it seems to me that my doll not working is more of a one off. Many other's dolls seem to work just fine and I even watched a video posted on utube by a player on what was supposed to happen, so there must be working dolls out there.

I'd hate for you to miss out just because of I'm having an issue, it may work fine for you. :)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2012
    What is not working because I know someone had a fix for the magic stuff because I think the FOY conflicts with the magic stuff.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited February 2012
    Thanks pepperjax, the doll will not do anything other then bind to a sim. It binds but no further actions are possible. I can click on them and they line up, but then nothing happens. I've found Cupcakestastelikeviolence conflict fix, and have just put it in game. I'll go in soon and see if this helps.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2012
    You are welcome. :mrgreen:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited February 2012
    Hi ! I'm glad to say that I've got it working. The fix from Cupcakestastelikeviolence didn't help me as it seemed more like a bug then a conflict and I was about to write the whole thing off.

Then I remember that I had this same issue a while back with my sims not being able to play the guitar. They'd get it out, they'd chose the song to play then the action would get canceled. But it only happened in one game.

So, it dawned on me to test the doll in another game in a different world ( Yes, I am that slow as to only think of it :) ) and sure enough the doll works !!! I had to restart my current game with the Sim I wanted to play and the doll worked there as well.

Thank you everyone who tried to help or tried to cheer me up or both. :)

• ThisLittleSimmerThisLittleSimmer Posts: 9 New Member
    I have a different problem with the voodoo Doll. When I try and bind it, it only shows my sim's husband. she has 2 enemies, and plenty of acquaintances, but I don't see them when I try and bind the doll. :/
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited May 2018
    @ThisLittleSimmer, you might be better off asking about this over in TS4 as it seems that you're a TS4 player and this thread is about the TS3 voodoo doll... ;)

Edit to add a link to the thread that I've started for you over in The Sims 4 section... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940731/voodoo-doll-not-working-ts4/p1?new=1
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks @lisasc360 for making the new thread!

@ThisLittleSimmer If your question is about The Sims 3, please let me know via a wall post or @ tag me in the new thread.

I am closing this one as it is quite old :)

Thanks,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top