Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 suggestion- unisex clothing option?

Comments

  • EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2013
    *Oh, and aslong as teens don't grow up into the other gender's clothes.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ok what if sims who wanted to dress in the "other gender's" clothes had a tick box or trait to signify their interest in doing so?

    Also yay, my 2000th post!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    Noein wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    I'm sooooo game for this. The more options the better I think.

    Sometimes I wish I could turn off a specific gender. Just imagine, I could make my own "Themyscira" like world.

    I'm just rambling now.

    Er mer gerd! Then I can truly make wonder woman O.O and maxima..eeek

    Yes! and here I thought I was crazy for thinking such things...Superhero fans unite!

    Crazy? Shoooot no way! I'm a crazy DC fan ^.^ UNITE! *taps power ring*

    I am total superhero nerd myself and I have alot of DC heroes in my game, including Wonder Woman. :)

    On topic of this thread I wouldn't mind having the option of unisex clothing. :-)

    I can tell lol the cheetah avatar is a dead giveaway :) I love it tho. Is she in the exchange? Cause I suck at making replicas of DC characters?

    me neither. Like I said before, Janelle Monáe is a perfect example. She's always seen wearing tuxedos. ^_^
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    Noein wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    I'm sooooo game for this. The more options the better I think.

    Sometimes I wish I could turn off a specific gender. Just imagine, I could make my own "Themyscira" like world.

    I'm just rambling now.

    Er mer gerd! Then I can truly make wonder woman O.O and maxima..eeek

    Yes! and here I thought I was crazy for thinking such things...Superhero fans unite!

    Crazy? Shoooot no way! I'm a crazy DC fan ^.^ UNITE! *taps power ring*

    I am total superhero nerd myself and I have alot of DC heroes in my game, including Wonder Woman. :)

    On topic of this thread I wouldn't mind having the option of unisex clothing. :-)

    I can tell lol the cheetah avatar is a dead giveaway :) I love it tho. Is she in the exchange? Cause I suck at making replicas of DC characters?

    me neither. Like I said before, Janelle Monáe is a perfect example. She's always seen wearing tuxedos. ^_^

    Aw Yeah!
    *High-Fives Everyone"
    DC FTW! XD
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    KtoJ0 wrote:
    Yes, something that does harm is wrong. I'd go even further to say that it's mostly just needless harm that is wrong. Like, self defense is okay, but use of excessive force isn't, and preemptive strikes aren't.

    Hurting people usually makes humans feel bad, because we've got these big beautiful brains that are so good at empathy and reasoning and stuff. People try to get around this guilty feeling by doing something called "othering", which basically turns everything into "us vs. them", so they don't see the other person as a real human being. Example: the holocaust. The victims were made to be seen as less than human, to ease the guilt of the soldiers.

    Others have damaged empathy centers, so they don't feel that harming others is a problem, whether they're "them" or not. Example: sociopaths, psychopaths, etc.. Such people often hurt others because they're bored, or just because they can.

    If one has to deny their humanity or the humanity of another just to do serious harm to another person, does that sound normal or right to you? If doing harm was a normal and productive thing for humans to be doing, we wouldn't be so strongly capable of empathy in the first place.


    "Othering" is exactly what the "homosexuality is a sin" argument is doing. It's an attempt to make the other party into something less than human. Something vile and evil. Us vs. them, saved vs. sinners.

    It's an old survival mechanism, but it's a brutal one that suppresses some of the very things that make humans human.

    I still am not quite following you; you're telling me that "harm" is wrong (unless it is self defense) because we have the capability to feel sorry for each other?

    I am starting to think that we can't say whether anything is right or wrong. Maybe there isn't even such a thing?
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    KtoJ0 wrote:
    Yes, something that does harm is wrong. I'd go even further to say that it's mostly just needless harm that is wrong. Like, self defense is okay, but use of excessive force isn't, and preemptive strikes aren't.

    Hurting people usually makes humans feel bad, because we've got these big beautiful brains that are so good at empathy and reasoning and stuff. People try to get around this guilty feeling by doing something called "othering", which basically turns everything into "us vs. them", so they don't see the other person as a real human being. Example: the holocaust. The victims were made to be seen as less than human, to ease the guilt of the soldiers.

    Others have damaged empathy centers, so they don't feel that harming others is a problem, whether they're "them" or not. Example: sociopaths, psychopaths, etc.. Such people often hurt others because they're bored, or just because they can.

    If one has to deny their humanity or the humanity of another just to do serious harm to another person, does that sound normal or right to you? If doing harm was a normal and productive thing for humans to be doing, we wouldn't be so strongly capable of empathy in the first place.


    "Othering" is exactly what the "homosexuality is a sin" argument is doing. It's an attempt to make the other party into something less than human. Something vile and evil. Us vs. them, saved vs. sinners.

    It's an old survival mechanism, but it's a brutal one that suppresses some of the very things that make humans human.

    I still am not quite following you; you're telling me that "harm" is wrong (unless it is self defense) because we have the capability to feel sorry for each other?

    I am starting to think that we can't say whether anything is right or wrong. Maybe there isn't even such a thing?

    It gets more complex.

    There's a theory that sociopathy is not only not a mental malfunction, but that it's supposed to crop up in a certain percentage of the population. The reason is that sociopaths, lacking empathy, can make decisions others can't... which, early on in human history, would have been a very useful survival trait to have among a group.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    How about we just clear all of this up with a simple sentence, eh?
    "Don't Be A D*ck."
    If you come across someone on the internet or in real-life that has a different opinion, or lifestyle, or feature than you-- then shut up and leave them be. You don't have to drag it out saying;

    "Your Nose Is Disgusting!"
    "Gay People Are Vile!"
    "Get A Freaking Life!"

    Everyone is different, but, in the end we are all basically the same because we are human. If a Guy wants to dress as a Girl; Let Him! If a Girl finds herself in love with another Girl; Who cares? In the end it comes back to that ol' saying that everyone usually forgets...

    If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, then don't say anything at all.

    Why should you be concerned how someone lives their life, or if someone falls in love with the same-sex. Worry about your own life, and don't bother those who you think are 'Sinful' because it'll just make you look like an idiot.

    This is the 21st Century people, I thought we would be over this whole 'Hate Everything Because They're Not Like You' scenario. :roll:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    Or how bout this: ignore people who judge you. K I'm done lol gotta get off of here.

    goodbye my DC peeps. Hasta luego. :P
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    Is anyone else really sad that what started out as a sensible thread making a decent point and sincere request has turned into this? :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    Or how bout this: ignore people who judge you. K I'm done lol gotta get off of here.

    goodbye my DC peeps. Hasta luego. :P

    Aye.
    But sometimes people find it hard to ignore constant bullying or slandering against them. Sure, it'd be easy for a while; but as it continues it gets harder and harder to ignore. :?

    As I said, people are very different, some will find it easy to ignore these things, but then again a lot of people are sensitive and can't ignore them. Like me, I don't usually get called names-- the odd time when someone I dislike makes fun of my clothes or something, I take it to the heart. :[
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    Is anyone else really sad that what started out as a sensible thread making a decent point and sincere request has turned into this? :(

    Marie,
    This is TS3 Forums.
    Every thread made here usually ends up like this. :lol:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Is anyone else really sad that what started out as a sensible thread making a decent point and sincere request has turned into this? :(

    Honestly, it was kinda the topic matter. Sooner or later someone was going to confuse crossdressing with homosexuality, and the latter always spawns a massive discussion on here.

    I've tried dodging the discussions in the past, and even tried calming them.

    Finally, well... I can't stop or mitigate the madness, so why not put on my hat and declare it tea time?

    Ironically, this was probably one of the more reasonable ones I've seen.
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    It gets more complex.

    There's a theory that sociopathy is not only not a mental malfunction, but that it's supposed to crop up in a certain percentage of the population. The reason is that sociopaths, lacking empathy, can make decisions others can't... which, early on in human history, would have been a very useful survival trait to have among a group.

    It also doesn't make sense how we can deem murder "wrong" and turn around and expect ourselves to evolve through the process of evolution. If we keep ourselves from eliminating the ones with bad traits, how are they ever supposed to go away? Its like we put a choker on evolution of humans. People with "undesirable" traits survive just as well as someone with "desirable" traits.
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited August 2013
    Noein wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    I'm sooooo game for this. The more options the better I think.

    Sometimes I wish I could turn off a specific gender. Just imagine, I could make my own "Themyscira" like world.

    I'm just rambling now.

    Er mer gerd! Then I can truly make wonder woman O.O and maxima..eeek

    Yes! and here I thought I was crazy for thinking such things...Superhero fans unite!

    Crazy? Shoooot no way! I'm a crazy DC fan ^.^ UNITE! *taps power ring*

    I am total superhero nerd myself and I have alot of DC heroes in my game, including Wonder Woman. :)

    On topic of this thread I wouldn't mind having the option of unisex clothing. :-)

    I can tell lol the cheetah avatar is a dead giveaway :) I love it tho. Is she in the exchange? Cause I suck at making replicas of DC characters?

    me neither. Like I said before, Janelle Monáe is a perfect example. She's always seen wearing tuxedos. ^_^

    I completely forgot about Cheetah this was my not so great version of Starfire. Now I want to make Cheetah too :)

    The only one of my characters on the exchange right now is the Joker and for some odd reason in the exchange closeup picture his skin doesn't show as chalky white even though it is in the game. :x

    The others I have made Starfire, Nightwing Green Arrow, Green Lantern: Jon Stuart, Supergirl, Poison Ivy, Catwoman Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Cyclops. Are not available because the cc I used to make them look the way they do the creators did not want on the exchange so never uploaded them. Instead I just put pictures up in my thread in sims and modeling for my friends to look at.
    Well I did upload Starfire to be my avi but she was only up for about 30 seconds no one was able to download.

    There is also the fact I can't get dashboard or Custard to work on my computer so I don't want to take a chance on uploading something bad and messing up peoples games.

    Sorry for non subject related ramble :O

    I still think this could be a good idea. I don't know if I would use it for the guys very often. But I would definitely use it on the women I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of gal myself I only wore dresses at prom. I have never worn heels except to junior prom and I promptly disposed of them after that. :twisted: I wear men's t-shirts sometimes when I find some cool superhero or vintage movie prints on them. I have brown leather bomber style jacket that is a man's coat at the time I bought it all I could find anywhere were fitted leather jackets for women and I hated them. :evil: Our sims should be able to wear whatever we feel like dressing them up in.

    And besides how am I supposed to make the newer female Question without a female being able to wear a pantsuit with tie? :-)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif


  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love being a sinner, I would choose the D over heaven any day. <3333333333333333333
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love being a sinner, I would choose the D over heaven any day. <3333333333333333333

    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven? ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Since no one has responded to my last post yet, I'll just say my peace and leave this thread to continue back on its topic of clothing. Just hear me out.

    I don't believe that right and wrong don't exist, that just doesn't make sense. How is it not wrong to murder? Lie? Cheat? Scam someone? Harm someone?
    And I don't believe we're just here to pursue "happiness" and die. If that were the case, what is happiness even? Pointless chemical reactions.

    I've thought about this thing long before I entered this thread, and I've come to the conclusion that it is simply not possible for right or wrong to exist if we're here only to pursue happiness.

    But if there was some "God" out there, hey that would make sense, no? If there was a "God" it all adds up right. It would make sense for murder to be wrong, and our purpose on this earth would be clear.
    So there's two reasons for there to be a God. Reasons for there not to be a God: all I can think of is we can't see or feel Him, which really, why is that even a reason at all.

    If there is a God, it all adds up right. If there's not, nothing really makes sense. There's nothing illogical about the existence of God, and there is tons of stuff that is illogical about the nonexistence of a God.

    I doubt that any one of us is going to actually say, "Hey, you know what, you are right and I was wrong," but maybe one of us later will think to ourselves, "Wow, after hearing what that person on the sims 3 forum said, I am even more sure that I was right and he was wrong," or maybe we will think later, "Hey, you know what, maybe that person on the sims 3 forum was actually right." Basically I'm just asking you to give what I'm saying some thought before you just decide that it's wrong. I will try to do the same for what you say.

    And to people who are saying "look what this thread turned into!" I truly am sorry. I am pretty much the only one who is questioning anything here. But I don't feel like I am in an argument, I would consider this just a discussion. I've tried to make my posts not argument-y and more friendly. Don't worry though, I'll leave this thread alone now unless I just feel a really desperate need to post something else. :wink:


    *edit* heh, I bet I'll get responses now like, "I knew you were all religious!" "Why did you have to bring religion into this!!!" and others will respond saying, "It was inevitable, really. Some just can't not do it."
  • SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2013
    The Sims treats sex, homosexuality and race in such a positive way by not making a big fuss out of it. Although I wouldn't personally use it in my own gameplay, I would be very happy to see unisex clothing introduced so that transgender players can feel included. Even if the option wasn't available in CAS, it would be great if your Sim could go into a clothing store and choose male/female clothing to buy for themselves.
  • RoyallyPerfectRoyallyPerfect Posts: 96 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I adore this idea. I don't think that EA should perpetuate (sometimes hurtful) gender stereotypes. One of my best friends, a male, will be wearing a bridesmaid dress at my wedding. :)

    edit/note about this thread: um hi i worship the great plumbob so your god is irrelevant bye.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited August 2013
    One of my best friends, a male, will be wearing a bridesmaid dress at my wedding. :)
    Eep. :shock:
  • tomarixhazumutomarixhazumu Posts: 82 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I assumed there wasn't much demand for this, which is why they didn't want to make clothing items to fit both meshes. Many outfits are eligible, though male sims would end up having more options than female sims, b/c certain "tops" male sims use would be considered inappropriate for female sims given the T rating. I know some cc sites convert female to male, but there aren't really many male to female conversions. Also, I really don't see anything controversial about loose fitting tops and pants for female sims. Unappealing to me, maybe, but not controversial.
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I love being a sinner, I would choose the D over heaven any day. <3333333333333333333

    This made me laugh :P
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    @asdfthesims

    Hi. There's a lot of things human beings are not able to understand because of the way we've been programmed to think. And no, I'm not talking about the slavery every government has going on. But I'm not sure I feel too comfortable discussing that right now. And reason is, because I'm pretty sure most people on here will automatically go into denial mode and try to find excuses to hide the truth. (it is a lot to take in, and most people are not capable of that)

    Anyways, it's not about being happy(or last least not the way you may be thinking), it's about being in peace with yourself(in and out), as well as with everybody else, and everything around you. Once you learn to be in peace, once you learn to accept everything for what it is, and to see that everything depends on everything else, once you let yourself get into the state of oneness and see the connection of everything, you'll realize that that peace is the happiness you're looking for.

    In other words, don't stress yourself too much :P
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    @asdfthesims

    Hi. There's a lot of things human beings are not able to understand because of the way we've been programmed to think. And no, I'm not talking about the slavery every government has going on. But I'm not sure I feel too comfortable discussing that right now. And reason is, because I'm pretty sure most people on here will automatically go into denial mode and try to find excuses to hide the truth. (it is a lot to take in, and most people are not capable of that)

    Anyways, it's not about being happy(or last least not the way you may be thinking), it's about being in peace with yourself(in and out), as well as with everybody else, and everything around you. Once you learn to be in peace, once you learn to accept everything for what it is, and to see that everything depends on everything else, once you let yourself get into the state of oneness and see the connection of everything, you'll realize that that peace is the happiness you're looking for.

    In other words, don't stress yourself too much :P

    mm.. eh.. uh... hehh.. *looks both ways nervously*
    ...
    Okay, I feel really compelled to respond to this! I tried. Sorry guys.

    So what I'm picking up is that it's not actually about being "happy," its about finding peace in the "fact" that we don't really have a purpose.

    I am amazed that you can really believe that. What makes you so sure that we don't have a real purpose, though? I don't really know if you can believe that, but, of course, that is only speculation on my part.

    But, being totally content with believing that you having no purpose is not something that is impossible, factually. So I bring to the table more points to consider:

    1) How did we get here? What "created" us? Did we come from nothing? Many scientists just tell us that we came from nothing, like that answer doesn't go against logic or science at all.

    2) Everything makes sense when you let God into the picture. It makes sense for everything to work orderly, it perfectly explains how we all got here, and gives us a purpose. Beliefs that don't include God just have so many holes in them, but when God it put into the picture, there are no holes in the story. Everything adds up right and makes sense.

    Also, I am not stressing about myself. I feel so sure in what I believe, I am just incredibly curious as to how others can not believe it.

    p.s. I just had to add that I noticed that I used incorrect grammar when I said, "there's two reasons," I should have said, "there are two reasons." Bah. so much for intelligent posts :P .
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    @asdfthesims

    No no, don't put words in my mouth lol. I don't blame you for doing so, since I'm holding back a lot of 'information' (aka, personal beliefs :P).

    I've noticed you rely on the big sky daddy to fill in the blank spaces to your puzzle (a lot of people do the same), and I don't blame you for doing so, nor am I gonna say your beliefs are wrong and mine are right. They're just beliefs at the end of the day. History goes much, much further back than you can possibly imagine. Try to do your own research. Dig real deep. By the way, public libraries are not always a reliable source of information for everything; you don't want to keep contaminating yourself with false human information.

    That's really all I'm going to say. If you want to keep talking to me, you're more than welcomed to ddo so. Just not here. This is a thread about unisex clothes for the sims, and we've already taken way too much space talking about personal beliefs :P

    Oh and, ever heard of the phrase, "god is an astronaut"?

    Feel free to message me if you will.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top