Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 suggestion- unisex clothing option?

Comments

  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    Noein wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    I'm sooooo game for this. The more options the better I think.

    Sometimes I wish I could turn off a specific gender. Just imagine, I could make my own "Themyscira" like world.

    I'm just rambling now.

    Er mer gerd! Then I can truly make wonder woman O.O and maxima..eeek

    Yes! and here I thought I was crazy for thinking such things...Superhero fans unite!

    Crazy? Shoooot no way! I'm a crazy DC fan ^.^ UNITE! *taps power ring*

    Lol, "In brightest day, in blackest night...No evil shall escape my sight." I love me some DC!

    I'm such a nerd, a proud nerd. It doesn't help that it's Geek Week on YouTube!

    Green lanterns ftw! :D... "Let those who worship evils might.... Beware my power, GREEN LANTERN'S LIGHT!!" nerd here too ain't no shame in my lame. Lol

    Oh YouTube, my kryptonite, i cannot stay away from thee.
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    Okay. Guess I just don't care for unisex clothing lol. But since people do then maybe Ea can add that option in. Good luck. O_O

    That's actually the problem with most of the bad things that are happening worldwide. People have no consideration for how other people would feel. They only act upon what's good for them, regardless of how it would turn out to other people. It's easy being part of the majority; you have a lot of people with your same mindset. But it isn't easy to be part of a minority, there's always going to be the hatred and "my beliefs are above yours" situation. People tend to do that because they're scared to step out and fight for what they really believe in. They know they're safe being part of the majority, since more people will agree with them. They just hide behind the silly societal norms and ethics.

    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are any of that. It's just that, a person can't see something it hasn't been shown to them. You can interpret that whatever way you wish. And I thank you for supporting this idea. If something doesn't hurt you, then I don't see why you should be opposed to it, know what I'm saying?

    I don't care about people agreeing with me. :) honestly its just a game. I dont see why people take it so seriously.

    While I'm waiting for the game to load, I'll answer this.

    The seriousness isn't about the game; in fact, the actual causes of it are unrelated.

    A lot people play games to blow off steam, or interact with other game players to blow off steam. Now, what happens when you get a bunch of overstressed people together in one area? Sooner or later, people argue. They could be arguing about something as simple as whether blue ink or black ink is better; it doesn't matter. What matters is they are exploding in some way, and that stress is coming out towards another person.

    Others, rather than fight, have serious discussions over trivial things; by the time they're done, they were so focused on the trivial thing that the serious stress affecting their life is temporarily forgotten.

    Naturally, when the game doesn't work and people are overstressed and find they can't use their main outlet... boom.

    And I think I just explained every video game website to you at once.

    I feel like I may have been misunderstood by my post, and I have to apologize for that. I most likely just worded things the wrong way. Basically, all I tried to say was: Panda doesn't care for unisex clothing, but she does support it (and that's what I thanked her for). Everything else wasn't really regarding to her, but to the people who are opposed to it. They couldn't care less, since they have what they want. And some go even further than that and fight so it never changes, in order to feel they're superior. I don't come to forums to argue. This is actually new to me. I started being active on forums a few days ago (and it's only been here so far). I like having intelligent discussions (not arguments), as I'm always willing to learn from other people. I'm sorry if it offended anyone. It's hard to see the tone in which we speak, over text :)
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    I cant judge ppl here for beign Human. This Argue could have ended in the page 4 on the first coment after mine when i made a failed atempt to declare a match :P. But as you will see - ppl does not know when to stop.
    jr73Y.gif

  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    To make that question more specific..how about people who are redheads? Because once upon a time-redheads were treated as 'evil'.

    If you believe that being a redhead is not wrong, then tell me, logically, *why* it is not wrong.

    I'll be really curious to read your answer ;)

    You really misunderstood me. I don't think being a red head is wrong. I'm one myself. I just was pointing out that in the past, being a red head was believed to be 'evil' (aka a witch-I think because the red hair was suppose to be assoicated with the devil or something) as people (not me I support gays)-believe gays are evil today.

    I was actually asking why it is, in your opinion, not wrong.

    The point I was kind of getting at is that really, how do we know that homosexuality, or being a redhead (for a silly example) is wrong or is not wrong?

    How would you know that being a redhead is wrong if it were wrong? Or do you believe that nothing is wrong at all? Or only the things you classify as wrong are wrong? (What kind of logic is that?)

    I'm not really speaking at you in particular, MadameLee, I'm just curious as to how people can claim to know that homosexuality is *not* wrong. (or is wrong, for that matter)
  • KtoJ0KtoJ0 Posts: 27
    edited August 2013
    Small thought: Saying "Homosexuality is a sin" is not hate speak. It is a statement of belief. Agree with it or don't but it does not advocate hate or violence. Now some of the things it can be followed up with....

    Not to argue, but when you call something a sin, what you're saying is that it's immoral. You're saying that it's shameful, deplorable, wrong, or downright evil. Sins are things you get sent to hell for-- you get to suffer agonizing torture eternally for.

    Even outside of religion, a sin is a crime against nature or humanity. It is something that is grotesque or horrific for a person to do. Sins are something you look down on somebody for. Sins are things people are punished for.

    It's not saying "I don't like or agree with that", it's saying "that is reprehensible and disgusting" and often carries the added connotation of "and you will burn forever if you don't stop it".

    So yeah, it may be a belief, but it's a pretty hateful belief if you ask me.

    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    To make that question more specific..how about people who are redheads? Because once upon a time-redheads were treated as 'evil'.

    If you believe that being a redhead is not wrong, then tell me, logically, *why* it is not wrong.

    I'll be really curious to read your answer ;)

    You really misunderstood me. I don't think being a red head is wrong. I'm one myself. I just was pointing out that in the past, being a red head was believed to be 'evil' (aka a witch-I think because the red hair was suppose to be assoicated with the devil or something) as people (not me I support gays)-believe gays are evil today.

    I was actually asking why it is, in your opinion, not wrong.

    The point I was kind of getting at is that really, how do we know that homosexuality, or being a redhead (for a silly example) is wrong or is not wrong?

    How would you know that being a redhead is wrong if it were wrong? Or do you believe that nothing is wrong at all? Or only the things you classify as wrong are wrong? (What kind of logic is that?)

    I'm not really speaking at you in particular, MadameLee, I'm just curious as to how people can claim to know that homosexuality is *not* wrong. (or is wrong, for that matter)

    Such traits are not wrong, because they do not harm anybody. There is no evil or malicious intent afoot. There is no damage at all, even accidental.

    Most religious people do not believe that homosexuality is wrong because it does harm, they believe it does harm because it is wrong. This is backwards and outdated thinking.
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    To make that question more specific..how about people who are redheads? Because once upon a time-redheads were treated as 'evil'.

    If you believe that being a redhead is not wrong, then tell me, logically, *why* it is not wrong.

    I'll be really curious to read your answer ;)

    You really misunderstood me. I don't think being a red head is wrong. I'm one myself. I just was pointing out that in the past, being a red head was believed to be 'evil' (aka a witch-I think because the red hair was suppose to be assoicated with the devil or something) as people (not me I support gays)-believe gays are evil today.

    I was actually asking why it is, in your opinion, not wrong.

    The point I was kind of getting at is that really, how do we know that homosexuality, or being a redhead (for a silly example) is wrong or is not wrong?

    How would you know that being a redhead is wrong if it were wrong? Or do you believe that nothing is wrong at all? Or only the things you classify as wrong are wrong? (What kind of logic is that?)

    I'm not really speaking at you in particular, MadameLee, I'm just curious as to how people can claim to know that homosexuality is *not* wrong. (or is wrong, for that matter)

    Getting all philosophical, huh? :P
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    @Manii24

    hey you didn't offend me whatsoever :) I mean I have no problem with what your asking for. Even though it's something that I'm indifferent about I still respect and support your idea cause its obviously something your passionate about.

    Its just silly how it escalated into an argument.

    Other than that...your good manii. :P I got love for ya.

    EDIT: oh and I apologize for hijacking your thread. It should be about your idea not about religion, what's right, what's wrong and what is or isn't a sin.
    :) maybe unisex clothing will be implemented.
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    Getting all philosophical, huh? :P

    yup. :wink:
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    v12creator wrote:
    I cant judge ppl here for beign Human. This Argue could have ended in the page 4 on the first coment after mine when i made a failed atempt to declare a match :P. But as you will see - ppl does not know when to stop.

    I agree. People are people, and we all like to be heard. However, it's good to realize when you do something wrong. When that happens, just learn from it, that way you don't make the same mistake twice.

    Note that by "you" I don't really mean you, yourself. I'm using "you" in a general way. Clarifying before anyone decides to have an argument over this. lol
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    To make that question more specific..how about people who are redheads? Because once upon a time-redheads were treated as 'evil'.

    If you believe that being a redhead is not wrong, then tell me, logically, *why* it is not wrong.

    I'll be really curious to read your answer ;)

    You really misunderstood me. I don't think being a red head is wrong. I'm one myself. I just was pointing out that in the past, being a red head was believed to be 'evil' (aka a witch-I think because the red hair was suppose to be assoicated with the devil or something) as people (not me I support gays)-believe gays are evil today.

    I was actually asking why it is, in your opinion, not wrong.

    The point I was kind of getting at is that really, how do we know that homosexuality, or being a redhead (for a silly example) is wrong or is not wrong?

    How would you know that being a redhead is wrong if it were wrong? Or do you believe that nothing is wrong at all? Or only the things you classify as wrong are wrong? (What kind of logic is that?)

    I'm not really speaking at you in particular, MadameLee, I'm just curious as to how people can claim to know that homosexuality is *not* wrong. (or is wrong, for that matter)


    Sorry I misunderstood you (like the other person said, its hard to understand in text what's a person is actually trying to say). I know for a fact that gay people been around since ancient times-its isn't something new, unlike the fact its only been mentioned more since I think the musical Rent. I don't believe red head is wrong because I was born with it. I'm proud of my red hair. So I do have a temper to match! Some people read too much into the religious books (ie Bible) and make up excuses like "its Adams and Eve" not "Adam and Steve". Those people need to take a look at the temples in ancient times (Greece/Roman temples) and see that since there were only females in female temples (ie. Artims) and male priests in male temples-the only exception to this was on Delphi, where there was both. So would it be any wonder there would be a bit of homosexuality in that area? all they see is other priest/priestess most of the time.

    6adMCGP.gif
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    @Manii24

    hey you didn't offend me whatsoever :) I mean I have no problem with what your asking for. Even though it's something that I'm indifferent about I still respect and support your idea cause its obviously something your passionate about.

    Its just silly how it escalated into an argument.

    Other than that...your good manii. :P I got love for ya.

    You're right. I may have gone a little bit overboard lol. And hey, I can have all the love I can get :D
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    manii24 wrote:
    Okay. Guess I just don't care for unisex clothing lol. But since people do then maybe Ea can add that option in. Good luck. O_O

    That's actually the problem with most of the bad things that are happening worldwide. People have no consideration for how other people would feel. They only act upon what's good for them, regardless of how it would turn out to other people. It's easy being part of the majority; you have a lot of people with your same mindset. But it isn't easy to be part of a minority, there's always going to be the hatred and "my beliefs are above yours" situation. People tend to do that because they're scared to step out and fight for what they really believe in. They know they're safe being part of the majority, since more people will agree with them. They just hide behind the silly societal norms and ethics.

    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are any of that. It's just that, a person can't see something it hasn't been shown to them. You can interpret that whatever way you wish. And I thank you for supporting this idea. If something doesn't hurt you, then I don't see why you should be opposed to it, know what I'm saying?

    I don't care about people agreeing with me. :) honestly its just a game. I dont see why people take it so seriously.

    While I'm waiting for the game to load, I'll answer this.

    The seriousness isn't about the game; in fact, the actual causes of it are unrelated.

    A lot people play games to blow off steam, or interact with other game players to blow off steam. Now, what happens when you get a bunch of overstressed people together in one area? Sooner or later, people argue. They could be arguing about something as simple as whether blue ink or black ink is better; it doesn't matter. What matters is they are exploding in some way, and that stress is coming out towards another person.

    Others, rather than fight, have serious discussions over trivial things; by the time they're done, they were so focused on the trivial thing that the serious stress affecting their life is temporarily forgotten.

    Naturally, when the game doesn't work and people are overstressed and find they can't use their main outlet... boom.

    And I think I just explained every video game website to you at once.

    I feel like I may have been misunderstood by my post, and I have to apologize for that. I most likely just worded things the wrong way. Basically, all I tried to say was: Panda doesn't care for unisex clothing, but she does support it (and that's what I thanked her for). Everything else wasn't really regarding to her, but to the people who are opposed to it. They couldn't care less, since they have what they want. And some go even further than that and fight so it never changes, in order to feel they're superior. I don't come to forums to argue. This is actually new to me. I started being active on forums a few days ago (and it's only been here so far). I like having intelligent discussions (not arguments), as I'm always willing to learn from other people. I'm sorry if it offended anyone. It's hard to see the tone in which we speak, over text :)

    You did not offend ^^ I was merely clarifying where a lot of the seriousness comes from.

    Oh, and wanna hear something amusing? One of the definitions of "argument" is "a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong." People forget that second one far too often :P
    v12creator wrote:
    I cant judge ppl here for beign Human. This Argue could have ended in the page 4 on the first coment after mine when i made a failed atempt to declare a match :P. But as you will see - ppl does not know when to stop.

    This is the net; arguments are often self-fueling. They feed upon fuel like stars do, drawing in others to continue (sometimes long after peace has been declared and the conflict settled).
  • Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    Not overboard lol just passionate and that's okay. But I can see how unisex clothing can be pretty neat. I'd love to make a Janelle Monáe sim. She's a great example for unisex because she is always rocking a tux. :D
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited August 2013
    getting back on-topic I actually do support this idea. I mean didn't some women in the era of the American civil war dress up as men to fight along with their husbands/fathers/brothers? A British doctor James Barry was actually a female!.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Sorry I misunderstood you (like the other person said, its hard to understand in text what's a person is actually trying to say). I know for a fact that gay people been around since ancient times-its isn't something new, unlike the fact its only been mentioned more since I think the musical Rent. I don't believe red head is wrong because I was born with it. I'm proud of my red hair. So I do have a temper to match! Some people read too much into the religious books (ie Bible) and make up excuses like "its Adams and Eve" not "Adam and Steve". Those people need to take a look at the temples in ancient times (Greece/Roman temples) and see that since there were only females in female temples (ie. Artims) and male priests in male temples-the only exception to this was on Delphi, where there was both. So would it be any wonder there would be a bit of homosexuality in that area? all they see is other priest/priestess most of the time

    Yeah, I agree, it definitely is hard to fully understand what the other person is trying to say when the best you can do is type and put emoticons.

    How though does something happening a long time ago justify it's goodness and non-badness? I mean, for that matter, murder has been around since Cain killed Abel, (if we're going by biblical history) but does that make it right?
    ktoJO wrote:
    Such traits are not wrong, because they do not harm anybody. There is no evil or malicious intent afoot. There is no damage at all, even accidental.

    Most religious people do not believe that homosexuality is wrong because it does harm, they believe it does harm because it is wrong. This is backwards and outdated thinking.

    From your first statement I am going to draw that you believe certain traits that do harm anybody are wrong.
    Something that does have evil or malicious intent afoot is wrong.

    I am concluding here that you think something that *does* do harm is wrong.
    (If I can't draw that conclusion from your post please tell me why, as I do not know why I cannot.)

    So, why is something that does harm wrong?

    If you can answer me this, then I can know why something that does not do harm is not wrong. In turn I can know why homosexuality is not wrong. (as homosexuality does no harm)
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Sorry I misunderstood you (like the other person said, its hard to understand in text what's a person is actually trying to say). I know for a fact that gay people been around since ancient times-its isn't something new, unlike the fact its only been mentioned more since I think the musical Rent. I don't believe red head is wrong because I was born with it. I'm proud of my red hair. So I do have a temper to match! Some people read too much into the religious books (ie Bible) and make up excuses like "its Adams and Eve" not "Adam and Steve". Those people need to take a look at the temples in ancient times (Greece/Roman temples) and see that since there were only females in female temples (ie. Artims) and male priests in male temples-the only exception to this was on Delphi, where there was both. So would it be any wonder there would be a bit of homosexuality in that area? all they see is other priest/priestess most of the time

    Yeah, I agree, it definitely is hard to fully understand what the other person is trying to say when the best you can do is type and put emoticons.

    How though does something happening a long time ago justify it's goodness and non-badness? I mean, for that matter, murder has been around since Cain killed Abel, (if we're going by biblical history) but does that make it right?

    In my opinion, you're free to do whatever you wish as long as it doesn't harm others. It's that simple really.

    Anyways, the topic of this thread is to raise awareness to include new enhancements in The Sims 4. I'm all about new features and interactions. I've already given my opinion on all this, so I'll just focus on seeing what other people have to say lol.

    EDIT: In addition to my first paragraph... (lol) Right or wrong are just the names given to things people don't like. Really, who's who to say what's right and what isn't. Just try to live your life happily :D
  • cynxcitycynxcity Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, first of all, wearing certain clothes has nothing to do with your sexuality. Straight males can wear dresses and straight females can wear suits and such, lol. I don't know why people always assume that kind of thing is linked to sexuality. Same with make-up.

    But, now that that's out of the way - I'd love to have such a feature.
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    cynxcity wrote:
    Well, first of all, wearing certain clothes has nothing to do with your sexuality. Straight males can wear dresses and straight females can wear suits and such, lol. I don't know why people always assume that kind of thing is linked to sexuality. Same with make-up.

    But, now that that's out of the way - I'd love to have such a feature.

    It's because people are ignorant. Not saying all ignorant people are bad people either. I've met a lot of amazing people, who are just trying to understand, but struggle to do so. Reason is, because none of this is something that they're taught since they're born. People are too busy associating the color pink with girls, and the color blue with boys. And everything else outside that box automatically become "the rest"; which is why they end up with that kind of assumptions. But I can assure you, a lot of them don't mean it.
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    In my opinion, you're free to do whatever you wish as long as it doesn't harm others. It's that simple really.

    Anyways, the topic of this thread is to raise awareness to include new enhancements in The Sims 4. I'm all about new features and interactions. I've already given my opinion on all this, so I'll just focus on seeing what other people have to say lol.

    EDIT: In addition to my first paragraph... (lol) Right or wrong are just the names given to things people don't like. Really, who's who to say what's right and what isn't. Just try to live your life happily :D

    I guess that's a valid opinion; can't really say that there's anything wrong with it. I just find it really impossible to believe that there's basically no such thing as right and wrong. It kind of is depressing to think we're just here to be "happy" and then that's all that comes of it.

    But why should harming others be bad? :oops:

    I'm planning to quietly slip away after I feel like I've made my point... which I'm pretty sure I'm about to do.
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    cynxcity wrote:
    Well, first of all, wearing certain clothes has nothing to do with your sexuality. Straight males can wear dresses and straight females can wear suits and such, lol. I don't know why people always assume that kind of thing is linked to sexuality. Same with make-up.

    But, now that that's out of the way - I'd love to have such a feature.

    tbh, I was only discussing it because

    SOMEONE ELSE STARTED IT :P !!

    heh. it's dah truf :lol:
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    In my opinion, you're free to do whatever you wish as long as it doesn't harm others. It's that simple really.

    Anyways, the topic of this thread is to raise awareness to include new enhancements in The Sims 4. I'm all about new features and interactions. I've already given my opinion on all this, so I'll just focus on seeing what other people have to say lol.

    EDIT: In addition to my first paragraph... (lol) Right or wrong are just the names given to things people don't like. Really, who's who to say what's right and what isn't. Just try to live your life happily :D

    I guess that's a valid opinion; can't really say that there's anything wrong with it. I just find it really impossible to believe that there's basically no such thing as right and wrong. It kind of is depressing to think we're just here to be "happy" and then that's all that comes of it.

    But why should harming others be bad? :oops:

    I'm planning to quietly slip away after I feel like I've made my point... which I'm pretty sure I'm about to do.

    lol

    Would you like to be harmed(emotionally or physically)? I don't think so(unless of course you're into "B'D'S'M" (sorry, it got censored), but let's keep this PG). It's just not right to take away something from someone that doesn't belong to you.

    Now you say,
    It kind of is depressing to think we're just here to be "happy" and then that's all that comes of it.

    I don't think you can even begin to understand how powerful emotions really are. But I can't really think of a way to explain this without having to go into personal beliefs (religion has nothing to do with this). So I say, you try to find out for yourself :p Which in reality, it's all that matters. Anyways, clothes for the sims 4 lol...
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    manii24 wrote:
    lol

    Would you like to be harmed(emotionally or physically)? I don't think so(unless of course you're into "B'D'S'M" (sorry, it got censored), but let's keep this PG). It's just not right to take away something from someone that doesn't belong to you.

    Now you say,
    It kind of is depressing to think we're just here to be "happy" and then that's all that comes of it.

    I don't think you can even begin to understand how powerful emotions really are. But I can't really think of a way to explain this without having to go into personal beliefs (religion has nothing to do with this). So I say, you try to find out for yourself :p Which in reality, it's all that matters. Anyways, clothes for the sims 4 lol...
    [offtopic]
    I'm trying so hard to keep from sharing my personal beliefs, as I am afraid my posts would be written off as "that's you're opinion."

    No, I would not like to be harmed, in any way. But why should others not harm me? If we're just here to be as "happy" as we can, then why should I deprive of others' happiness if they find enjoyment in harming me?

    And you're point about me not knowing how powerful emotions are: perhaps not, but perhaps I do. But really, why does that even matter? If we're just here to be "happy" and die then what are emotions? Just chemical reactions that mean nothing. I am just in awe of how so many can believe that there really is no point to our existence, other than to be "happy," which really is not much of a point at all.

    It seems to me like, if we're just here to pursue happiness and die, then why is anything right or wrong? How can you classify "imposing harm" as wrong but say, "having red hair" is not wrong? What if someone only finds happiness in imposing harm on others, should they be confined to live unhappy lives while others who just so happen to *not* enjoy imposing harm be allowed to pursue happiness as much as they please? That doesn't really seem fair.

    It just doesn't seem to add up right, to me at least.
    [/offtopic]
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited August 2013
    Noein wrote:
    Noein wrote:
    I'm sooooo game for this. The more options the better I think.

    Sometimes I wish I could turn off a specific gender. Just imagine, I could make my own "Themyscira" like world.

    I'm just rambling now.

    Er mer gerd! Then I can truly make wonder woman O.O and maxima..eeek

    Yes! and here I thought I was crazy for thinking such things...Superhero fans unite!

    Crazy? Shoooot no way! I'm a crazy DC fan ^.^ UNITE! *taps power ring*

    I am total superhero nerd myself and I have alot of DC heroes in my game, including Wonder Woman. :)

    On topic of this thread I wouldn't mind having the option of unisex clothing. :-)
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif


  • treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited August 2013
    KtoJ0 wrote:
    Small thought: Saying "Homosexuality is a sin" is not hate speak. It is a statement of belief. Agree with it or don't but it does not advocate hate or violence. Now some of the things it can be followed up with....

    Not to argue, but when you call something a sin, what you're saying is that it's immoral. You're saying that it's shameful, deplorable, wrong, or downright evil. Sins are things you get sent to hell for-- you get to suffer agonizing torture eternally for.

    Even outside of religion, a sin is a crime against nature or humanity. It is something that is grotesque or horrific for a person to do. Sins are something you look down on somebody for. Sins are things people are punished for.

    It's not saying "I don't like or agree with that", it's saying "that is reprehensible and disgusting" and often carries the added connotation of "and you will burn forever if you don't stop it".

    So yeah, it may be a belief, but it's a pretty hateful belief if you ask me.

    Not getting involved in the argument about homosexuality, but on I will argue on whether saying something is sin is hateful, I think a lot of people misunderstand what the word 'sin' means.

    A sin is simply something that turns us away from God it is not a crime against nature or some disgusting as you put it. It can be big & also evil to society (say murder) or it can be small and not something we would blink twice at (say yelling at a car that almost ran you over).

    Everybody is a sinner and everybody and sins a lot in lifetime, so it is hardly hateful to say something is a Sin. If all of us were not sinners then all of us would not need to be saved, that is all of us.

    Therefore is a big difference between saying X is a sin and saying x is disgusting and you should burn in hell for it.
  • KtoJ0KtoJ0 Posts: 27
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Sorry I misunderstood you (like the other person said, its hard to understand in text what's a person is actually trying to say). I know for a fact that gay people been around since ancient times-its isn't something new, unlike the fact its only been mentioned more since I think the musical Rent. I don't believe red head is wrong because I was born with it. I'm proud of my red hair. So I do have a temper to match! Some people read too much into the religious books (ie Bible) and make up excuses like "its Adams and Eve" not "Adam and Steve". Those people need to take a look at the temples in ancient times (Greece/Roman temples) and see that since there were only females in female temples (ie. Artims) and male priests in male temples-the only exception to this was on Delphi, where there was both. So would it be any wonder there would be a bit of homosexuality in that area? all they see is other priest/priestess most of the time

    Yeah, I agree, it definitely is hard to fully understand what the other person is trying to say when the best you can do is type and put emoticons.

    How though does something happening a long time ago justify it's goodness and non-badness? I mean, for that matter, murder has been around since Cain killed Abel, (if we're going by biblical history) but does that make it right?
    ktoJO wrote:
    Such traits are not wrong, because they do not harm anybody. There is no evil or malicious intent afoot. There is no damage at all, even accidental.

    Most religious people do not believe that homosexuality is wrong because it does harm, they believe it does harm because it is wrong. This is backwards and outdated thinking.

    From your first statement I am going to draw that you believe certain traits that do harm anybody are wrong.
    Something that does have evil or malicious intent afoot is wrong.

    I am concluding here that you think something that *does* do harm is wrong.
    (If I can't draw that conclusion from your post please tell me why, as I do not know why I cannot.)

    So, why is something that does harm wrong?

    If you can answer me this, then I can know why something that does not do harm is not wrong. In turn I can know why homosexuality is not wrong. (as homosexuality does no harm)

    Yes, something that does harm is wrong. I'd go even further to say that it's mostly just needless harm that is wrong. Like, self defense is okay, but use of excessive force isn't, and preemptive strikes aren't.

    Hurting people usually makes humans feel bad, because we've got these big beautiful brains that are so good at empathy and reasoning and stuff. People try to get around this guilty feeling by doing something called "othering", which basically turns everything into "us vs. them", so they don't see the other person as a real human being. Example: the holocaust. The victims were made to be seen as less than human, to ease the guilt of the soldiers.

    Others have damaged empathy centers, so they don't feel that harming others is a problem, whether they're "them" or not. Example: sociopaths, psychopaths, etc.. Such people often hurt others because they're bored, or just because they can.

    If one has to deny their humanity or the humanity of another just to do serious harm to another person, does that sound normal or right to you? If doing harm was a normal and productive thing for humans to be doing, we wouldn't be so strongly capable of empathy in the first place.


    "Othering" is exactly what the "homosexuality is a sin" argument is doing. It's an attempt to make the other party into something less than human. Something vile and evil. Us vs. them, saved vs. sinners.

    It's an old survival mechanism, but it's a brutal one that suppresses some of the very things that make humans human.

    treelife wrote:
    KtoJ0 wrote:
    Small thought: Saying "Homosexuality is a sin" is not hate speak. It is a statement of belief. Agree with it or don't but it does not advocate hate or violence. Now some of the things it can be followed up with....

    Not to argue, but when you call something a sin, what you're saying is that it's immoral. You're saying that it's shameful, deplorable, wrong, or downright evil. Sins are things you get sent to hell for-- you get to suffer agonizing torture eternally for.

    Even outside of religion, a sin is a crime against nature or humanity. It is something that is grotesque or horrific for a person to do. Sins are something you look down on somebody for. Sins are things people are punished for.

    It's not saying "I don't like or agree with that", it's saying "that is reprehensible and disgusting" and often carries the added connotation of "and you will burn forever if you don't stop it".

    So yeah, it may be a belief, but it's a pretty hateful belief if you ask me.

    Not getting involved in the argument about homosexuality, but on I will argue on whether saying something is sin is hateful, I think a lot of people misunderstand what the word 'sin' means.

    A sin is simply something that turns us away from God it is not a crime against nature or some disgusting as you put it. It can be big & also evil to society (say murder) or it can be small and not something we would blink twice at (say yelling at a car that almost ran you over).

    Everybody is a sinner and everybody and sins a lot in lifetime, so it is hardly hateful to say something is a Sin. If all of us were not sinners then all of us would not need to be saved, that is all of us.

    Therefore is a big difference between saying X is a sin and saying x is disgusting and you should burn in hell for it.

    There are cultures who have the concept of sin without the concept of god. That's why I spoke of both religious and non-religious meanings.

    Speaking specifically of judeo-christian religions, something that turns you away from god is considered to be evil. Some evils are small and forgivable, some are big and unforgivable. Usually if you repent there's forgiveness, even for big ones.

    When people say that homosexuality is a sin, they either mistakenly think that it's a choice, or they believe that people are capable of being born so evil that there is no hope of them being saved. Either way it's still an incredibly hateful sentiment, and has no place in civilized discussion.

    Edit: and it's not that they're saying "you should burn in hell for it". They're saying "you will burn in hell for it".
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top