Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Using the CFE Cheat (entire course available in post one) Guest Lecturer: Svlyn!!!

Comments

• Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2012
    Good job, Jess! I get lots of weird stuff when I CFE (odd floating triangles, flyaway pieces of white stuff that looks like flooring but can only be seen from certain angles) that I can only fix (or only conveniently fix) using the delete and undo thing.

Sometimes the flying white tiles can be deleted directly but sometimes for them and for the floating triangles you delete what is BELOW them until they go away and then use undo to put it all back.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We are going to discuss how not have those weird things and steps to take to deal with sooner rather then later. That is why i would love you both to download those two lots of mine that i have listed. They are seriousely flawed. You will see fly away tiles..or missing floor tiles.

Btw that is why i want you all to make your levels with flooring and then paint your cielings first and check them first. Often painting cieling will get rid of this issue. K2 taught me that.
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited February 2012
    The nice thing about your "delete the wall and undo" method, Zoo, is that you only have to delete a single tile section of the offending wall and undo. It fixes the whole wall! :mrgreen:

I have to stop for now, but this has been wonderful, Lynda! I've already learned so much and I'm not even finished yet. THANK YOU!!! ♥
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sometimes the flying white tiles can be deleted directly but sometimes for them and for the floating triangles you delete what is BELOW them until they go away and then use undo to put it all back.

Never delete them directly, instead paint your cieling and if that does not fix it. Find the floor tile in question and delete it and relay the tile. Then make sure to colour your cieling again. This is going to be an important step we will all do as we learn more advanced building techniques.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lot's of times I forget that we can even paint the ceiling, so this is a good tip for me in any case. Boring white is what you see in ceilings for a lot of my builds! :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The nice thing about your "delete the wall and undo" method, Zoo, is that you only have to delete a single tile section of the offending wall and undo. It fixes the whole wall! :mrgreen:

I have to stop for now, but this has been wonderful, Lynda! I've already learned so much and I'm not even finished yet. THANK YOU!!! ♥

Thsnk you for coming Jess and everyone else, I hope you enjoy the next lesson. I will be checking this more often and try to answer peoples questions throughout the next two weeks.

It might take me a while to get back to you but i promise i will, Jess make sure to do all the lessons as i know your beginner and can befit from the content more then some of the others who are more advanced with CFE.

Next lesson is everything about arches....

From bridges, Doorways, to vaulted ceilings. I hope you attend. Class times are Feb 25th at 6:00 to 8:00

Thank you all for attending and goodnight.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks, Professor Svlyn! I will be here next time for sure!
    oow785m
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited February 2012
    svlyn wrote:

Thsnk you for coming Jess and everyone else, I hope you enjoy the next lesson. I will be checking this more often and try to answer peoples questions throughout the next two weeks.

It might take me a while to get back to you but i promise i will, Jess make sure to do all the lessons as i know your beginner and can befit from the content more then some of the others who are more advanced with CFE.

Next lesson is everything about arches....

From bridges, Doorways, to vaulted ceilings. I hope you attend. Class times are Feb 25th at 6:00 to 8:00

Thank you all for attending and goodnight.
    Sounds good!! Thanks again! :D 8)
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited February 2012
    svlyn wrote:
    We are going to discuss how not have those weird things and steps to take to deal with sooner rather then later. That is why i would love you both to download those two lots of mine that i have listed. They are seriousely flawed. You will see fly away tiles..or missing floor tiles.

Btw that is why i want you all to make your levels with flooring and then paint your cielings first and check them first. Often painting cieling will get rid of this issue. K2 taught me that.

Fantastic info! I have learned a lot :D
    I never thought of painting the ceiling first and have spent hours dealing with the aftermath.
    So thank you, thank you and once again just to be sure.
    Great course and not just for the beginner :!:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Register after this post for Course 2 Lesson 2

Class Roster in Post 3 of this thread
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm registering myself right now!
    oow785m
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    edited February 2012
    *yawns* Ok, class started when I was getting my nights sleep ^^ I'll deffo do this class when I have the time though! Can't wait to get started n_n

Register me and Kevin for the next lesson of this course, cuz I'm sure we'll both love this one.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited February 2012
    oo intresting didnt know that you could do that with the fences.

see even we pro's can learn something at zoo U!
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    vgmusicbookwormvgmusicbookworm Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited February 2012
    Register Me
  • Options
    alley5343alley5343 Posts: 303 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Register me!
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ooo! Me me me! I can use some more learning. ;)
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    *yawns* Ok, class started when I was getting my nights sleep ^^ I'll deffo do this class when I have the time though! Can't wait to get started n_n

Register me and Kevin for the next lesson of this course, cuz I'm sure we'll both love this one.

Done! Welcome back!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    calmorezoo wrote:
    oo intresting didnt know that you could do that with the fences.

see even we pro's can learn something at zoo U!

I know, right!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Register Me
    alley5343 wrote:
    Register me!
    Ooo! Me me me! I can use some more learning. ;)

Done! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited February 2012
    Sign me up please. ^_^
  • Options
    Rider_girl13Rider_girl13 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Register Me :)

Hopefully I'll be all caught up with Course 1 and Course 2 (lesson 1) before its time for lesson 2 :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    KLorelei wrote:
    Sign me up please. ^_^

Consider it done, Teammate! Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Register Me :)

Hopefully I'll be all caught up with Course 1 and Course 2 (lesson 1) before its time for lesson 2 :)

LOL! The beauty part is that you CAN take your time if you wish!

oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    sashraf wrote:
    svlyn wrote:

Fantastic info! I have learned a lot :D
    I never thought of painting the ceiling first and have spent hours dealing with the aftermath.
    So thank you, thank you and once again just to be sure.
    Great course and not just for the beginner :!:

Thank you for your support Sashraf, your such a sweet heart. Yes i know all about dealing dealing with aftermath, furniture and all..errr..lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top