Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to use Delphys Dashboard and CUSTARD on Mac tutorial

2...Next

Comments

• ballerina303ballerina303 Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Julia526 wrote:
    What you need:
    MonoDevelop
    Terminal-Already loaded on Macs
    CUSTARD or Dashboard

First go to Applications-Utility and open Terminal.

Now, type "mono" without the ". Now hit the spacebar, and drag the .exe file from the folders that CUSTARD or Dashboard came in onto the Terminal box and hit enter. And wait a few moments and it should open!

Feel free to ask questions!

I did this but all it says is Permission Denied! I am the only account and an admin account....
  • ballerina303ballerina303 Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Okay, when you open terminal, you will need to make the file executable. you will type in chmod +x (then drag dashboard or custard here)

hit enter
    mono (drag file) enter

it should open. problems getting it to read files after it opens... let me know if that happens for anyone

*make sure to pay attention to where I have put spaces above. also, obviously when i tell you to frag something, don't type that into terminal, drag the file*

Nevermind, that worked with the access denied thing.. so now dashboard opens, but nothing else happens... like no window comes up or anything? Turns out it says Not Responding, so I have to keep force quitting it...
  • irvistysirvistys Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I can open dashboard and it doesn't freeze or anything, but it doesn't find any package files it just says "No packages found in any searched folder" and I obviously have packages in my computer. (And they're in the right folder and everything)

So does anyone know what to do to fix this?
  • FridaydayFridayday Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I have successfully installed custard and have used it to check big files like worlds, but when I got to check smaller files like shoes the s3pack doesn't show up for me to even click it
  • Kawaii4LifeKawaii4Life Posts: 211 Member
    I'm doing this right now
    Wish me luck :(
    > @odettevanderhoof said:
    > Okay, when you open terminal, you will need to make the file executable. you will type in chmod +x (then drag dashboard or custard here)
    >
    >
    > hit enter
    > mono (drag file) enter
    >
    > it should open. problems getting it to read files after it opens... let me know if that happens for anyone
    >
    > *make sure to pay attention to where I have put spaces above. also, obviously when i tell you to frag something, don't type that into terminal, drag the file*

I tried using the original instructions but got a warning message. i tried using this set of instructions from Odette and the first step seemed to work no warning msg however when it came to step 2 (typing in mono then dragging file) i could not locate the mono file anywhere so i wasnt able to drag anything. i tried to just type in mono then enter but i got more txt, nothing else though.
    is there a video tutorial somewhere? cant find one myself
    i downloaded mono and dashboard btw
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Kawaii4Life, you could try reading the first stickied post in this forum. It will lead you to a collection of tutorials for making TS3 and everything related to it work on a Mac, and in that post, there will be a link to a tutorial to get s3pe to work with Mono. The instructions will be similar to run Dashboard.
    @tamalinn yea i read all the posts here and other sites and i still cant get it right. im just REALLY bad with instructions, i need to see someone do it. i found one tutorial on youtube and it sorta helped me but im still having troubles :/ in time....ugh :( lol