Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

next time ea

give beta tests to only professial websites like ign they less likely to leak information out

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2012
    Ummm, no, I disagree. They need to have fans of the game beta test, not just some generic gamers (who probably can count on one hand or less how many times they played the game!).

They just need to find a better selection process than picking the simmers with big egos - er, I mean fan websites - who can't keep anything to themselves because it makes them feel important. :wink:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree.

They leaked pictures, objects and even facts about the game.
  • BlackTiger0095BlackTiger0095 Posts: 173 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Maybe next time they will release seasons.....or something worth 40 bucks.
  • lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Leakers are cool. Lol. They make headlines
  • ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited January 2012
    the new game is so web connected, if ea wanted this not to happen they should've disabled that element.
  • TeganMcSimmenTeganMcSimmen Posts: 577
    edited January 2012
    If it was a beta tester who did this I'd be really upset. EA finally does something we all agree with, something that benefits all, and you go and mess that up by obliterating their trust with this leaked information. Beta testing was a good idea! A "trusted" select few play the game and point out all it's problems before it even hits the selves! EA might never do this for the sims again because of you!
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2012
    What happened, exactly?

EA needs to vet their beta pool better. They should have gone to The Syndicate for beta testers who would stick to the NDA.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi Mikitta - these people just won't listen - I keep telling them the beta testers could not log onto this site once testing started, and those people that posted that stuff was logged onto this site as they put stuff on the exchange for one, then they linked to a Spanish site where they had Memory pictures - all of which was dated the 13th - the first night of Beta testing - when testers were locked out of loging in to start with, and number two - this Simmer had a name, testers did not have names - there is more I can't say but i kept telling people it wasn't a beta tester and they just keep spreading it was.

I have been totally baffled by the whole thing and have no idea how it was done especially with the memory pictures and how they had the game even register so they could use the exchange and everything else. It does not make sense that this person or persons were testers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2012
    I think EA would have known that leaks would occur when they selected regular Simmers like us. If they didn't want leaks to happen, they wouldn't have made a beta version for the general selected public to test.

Look at it this way... leaks heighten interest and anticipation. At the end of the day... if EA aren't bothered too much about leaks, why should we worry? What I've seen so far on both Master Suite and Showtime has my curiosity and interest piqued enough that I'll probably race out and buy them asap (actually, I'm waiting for Master Suite to be delivered as we speak :D )

So I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Hi Mikitta - these people just won't listen - I keep telling them the beta testers could not log onto this site once testing started, and those people that posted that stuff was logged onto this site as they put stuff on the exchange for one, then they linked to a Spanish site where they had Memory pictures - all of which was dated the 13th - the first night of Beta testing - when testers were locked out of loging in to start with, and number two - this Simmer had a name, testers did not have names - there is more I can't say but i kept telling people it wasn't a beta tester and they just keep spreading it was.

I have been totally baffled by the whole thing and have no idea how it was done especially with the memory pictures and how they had the game even register so they could use the exchange and everything else. It does not make sense that this person or persons were testers.

For all we know, the leaks were made by an EA employee using a sock puppet account, and under orders from EA to do so, as a distraction from all the negative feedback the game is getting. But, you're right about people not listening. I'm sure it must be very frustrating for you to try to correct the misperceptions without violating your contract with EA.

Blame it on the fact that today's students aren't taught critical thinking skills because we live in a cookie-cutter society where popular opinion rules over common sense.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited January 2012
    Maybe next time they will release seasons.....or something worth 40 bucks.

Lol! I hope
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:

For all we know, the leaks were made by an EA employee using a sock puppet account, and under orders from EA to do so, as a distraction from all the negative feedback the game is getting. But, you're right about people not listening. I'm sure it must be very frustrating for you to try to correct the misperceptions without violating your contract with EA.

Blame it on the fact that today's students aren't taught critical thinking skills because we live in a cookie-cutter society where popular opinion rules over common sense.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there.
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Are the photos ALL from memories? If so, then it wasn't a tester. Period. If not, who's to say someone who was didn't use the prnt scrn, crop, and upload to that Spanish site? EA doesn't have much control over what goes on outside of their site, as in what they can log into and what they can't.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:

I agree with this^

Writin_Reg - perhaps one of the beta testers wasn't as trustworthy as EA thought. Maybe he/she/it made copies of the game and sold it off as the final version. I don't know if that would be possible with a test version though.
  • David_AldebaranDavid_Aldebaran Posts: 36
    edited January 2012
    I believe that beta testers are very important because they provide good feedback for the creators. I live in California and It could be great If one day somebody invite me to be a beta testers.

A prefer fans to be beta testers because they are going to talk for us.

They have the freedom to share any kind of information if the team let them to do it.
    edited January 2012
    I believe that beta testers are very important because they provide good feedback for the creators. I live in California and It could be great If one day somebody invite me to be a beta testers.

A prefer fans to be beta testers because they are going to talk for us.

They have the freedom to share any kind of information if the team let them to do it.

The key phrase here is *if the team lets them do it*.

And the reality is that no gaming company lets their beta testers share information on an unreleased product. That's what nondisclosure contracts are for...to prevent that from happening.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited January 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:

Writin_Reg - perhaps one of the beta testers wasn't as trustworthy as EA thought. Maybe he/she/it made copies of the game and sold it off as the final version. I don't know if that would be possible with a test version though.

No way they could have sold it, although they might have released it to the torrents, but if that were the case, then we'd be seeing more pictures on various sites. And I don't think EA would make it that easy for them to do so.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!