Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Featured items folder?

ok with the new patch I have yet another folder in my game......featured items.it looks like the items that the game advertises from the stoe (how annoying by the way) If I delete it will it mess anything up? And will it regenerate again each time I start my game??? Geez......its not like the game doesnt generate alot of unnessecery stuff already with the stupid memories!!

kim :D
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited January 2012
    Anyone?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    littleemmylouwholittleemmylouwho Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    I want to know this too. UGHH I would love to clean up my sims things on my computer. But I am so afraid to touch anything! >.<
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited January 2012
    Make a copy of your "The Sims 3" folder (the entire folder) to your desktop. Then come to the original folder and delete what you want to delete, then launch the game and see of it works. :?

Edited: You know what I'll try it. I don't have any saved games, so I have nothing to lose. Tell me exactly which folder you're trying to delete, and I'll let you know if it works.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited January 2012
    Goodywood wrote:
    Make a copy of your "The Sims 3" folder (the entire folder) to your desktop. Then come to the original folder and delete what you want to delete, then launch the game and see of it works. :?

Edited: You know what I'll try it. I don't have any saved games, so I have nothing to lose. Tell me exactly which folder you're trying to delete, and I'll let you know if it works.

Did you try it?
    Stupid folder is up to 7mb now. Keeps growing. Emptied it once and low and behold its all back!

kim :(
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    EyerI93EyerI93 Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I have the same problem. I don't want all those "Featured items". I've tried deleting them but they show up again every time. The Sims 3 is taking up enough space as it is, I don't need more useless folders taking up more of it...
    Does anyone know how to delete the contents of the Featured items folder for good?
  • Options
    MerlinloverMerlinlover Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    I'd also like to know if I can get rid of the folder or permanently stop content from going in there because it's just sitting there not doing anything! I don't use the in-game shop mode, I just come here and do it before entering the game!

I have got 1,742 items in there and it's getting pretty annoying!