Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Royal Kingdom Challenge

Comments

• Options
    SimsForestSimsForest Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2014
    @Tota
    Beautiful! Did you build the castle yourself? :-)
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    @SimsForest the castle came with auntielynd's world Castle Keep, although I've done all the interiors and some architectural remodeling. Can't remember who built it :)

Oh, I added your story link to my blog now, I see it is coming along quite nicely :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    I have a question regarding the age span. I play my families 3 days each, and then rotate to the next one. But even with nraas story progression I haven't been able to find a method to stop aging anyone except from my active household. How do you use aging in your RKC? :wink:
  • Options
    @Gaxili1 I use the Caste system in Nraas story_progression mod, I think it is part of Story_Progression Extra. I have a caste that I call "RKC non-active family" that I always have aging off on, I give that caste to all my RKC families that I don't want to age while I play with others.
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    New chapter out, the 2nd generation is here!

II.I.I Long Live the King
    screenshot-524.jpg?w=529&h=297
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    JENSJCH2000JENSJCH2000 Posts: 518 Member
    Hi, I commented on your blog as Jensjch. I just wanted to comment here that I downloaded the Castle Keep with no roads, and really like not having the cars running around town.
    However, I don't know if it's because I don't have all my Eps on my new hard drive, or if they are just not there, but I never did find the white castle or the dark castle. Also, the main castle of the King and Queen looks different than the pictures. I was going to redesign it, but I already wrote out a story, and I can't get the castle to look the way I want. So, I downloaded The Great House by Curtis Paradis. The house is huge and castle-like. It has an amazing library, and look and feels like a castle. I do have to make changes to it for my medieval story; quite a few. But, I will get it how I want soon enough.
    I was just wondering if anyone else had the problem with the white and dark castles not showing up? Do we download them separately?
    I did get the files from the first page of Castle of Darkness, Valley View Castle and My Lord's Castle. Is one of these castle's the White Castle?
    Thanks, Jen
  • Options
    @JENSJCH2000‌ I did download several of the castles separately, they are in the Castle Keep thread a bit down. There are several other downloadables. I also had to remodel several of them, the noble castles were too expensive for my noble families that only get 100 000 simoleons :) If you scroll down in the Castle Keep thread you will find more castles.

A heads up on the Castle Keep with no roads, I tried it out for a bit, and let me warn you that you will not be able to send any sims to boarding school, since they will be picked up by car and the cars wont be able to come. At least I didn't manage to do it on the town with no roads, I don't know if there are any other problems with having no roads.
    Cheers!
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for this. I will bookmark it and give it a try at a later time. :)

If only Medieval had supported this challenge to give it more immersion and to be a true Sims game, it might have met with a lot more success. I believe EA was trying to use Medieval to attract players who would not normally play The Sims.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Just a small update! My game got ruined after installing some bad CC, so I ended up with not being able to play the game. There for I have started my challenge over, as I do love your challenge, Tota :smile::smile:
    The story will still have the same URL as last time expect from it is restarted.. :-) http://royalkingdomchallengesims3.blogspot.dk
  • Options
    @CK213 - Hi and welcome to the thread :) I agree about Sims Medieval, I wish they would have made a real medieval theme for the sims game, I played Sims Medieval but I think it was a bit too easy for me, I got bored after a while. But I have read some really nice stories based on Sims Medieval.

@Gaxili1‌ - So sorry to hear about your game, I used to have a lot of CC but after having similar problems as you, I decided to play completely without CC. Great new story by the way, left you some comments :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    PvtGuyPvtGuy Posts: 31 Member
    Cool totally going to try this
  • Options
    AnonymousMissAnonymousMiss Posts: 1,482 Member
    I've been playing this challenge in Sims 2, and I'm so in love with it!! I've been playing with an extra rule that makes childbearing very nervewracking--for each birth, I roll a dice. If I roll a 3 or a 5, the mother dies in childbirth. It really works with my historical setting~ c:
  • Options
    JENSJCH2000JENSJCH2000 Posts: 518 Member
    I don't know if I could do the dice rolling of death for my in-game mothers, but it would make it more realistic.
    Can you imagine living back then and going through childbirth? How hard it was? I would think back then woman would be scared to get pregnant.
    Also, a man would lose his wife and then get remarried quickly, because it was believed only a woman could take care of the children.
    In the early 1900's my great grandfather become a widow, he didn't remarry, but he sent my grandma to a girls boarding school, where she was actually raised by nuns.
    I'm so glad that is not the case now days.

I started a story for this challenge, but still have to put pictures together with chapters. I really like how it is coming along. However, I don't want to post anything until I have at least 20 chapters ready. I don't update regularly. I figure this way people could read at their leisure.

Also, I'm not going exactly by the rules for story sake. I do like reading what everyone else has done in their challenge.
  • Options
    @AnonymousMiss what a great idea, I've often thought about this. It is hard to kill sims and to get sims killed by accidents etc. But in medieval times poeple did not live the long and healthy lives that sims live :P
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    SallinasimsSallinasims Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I recently started this challenge after playing like sixty test rounds :smiley: You inspired me to start blogging my story, so I've set up a blog, although I'm still figuring some things out. If you're not too busy I would absolutely love it if you could come check it out and offer some feedback. I ended up only using one family for each class, and I don't play with mods because I don't know how to put them into my game :blush: but so far it's been going pretty well for me. I did have a couple suggestions that I'd like to add in my game that I want to run by you:
    First off, could we maybe add, like a university to the game for YA nobles and royals? Not the university that came with the UL EP but one created by the player. Pretty much just a place for them to skillbuild and whatnot, but also to make connections and such. I've already built several schools on my own time that I'd love to add to the game.
    Secondly, teenage merchant or noble sims could be sent to another prominent family to be ladies-in-waiting, squires, etc. Teenage peasant sims could be sent to merchants and nobles for apprenticeships or to become their maid/servant.
    Lastly, I revised the event system in my own game to add more stuff, like war and long winters (which means no crops!) or visiting royalty. I hope that's okay, otherwise I could definitely change it back! Sorry this post got so long... I'd love to hear your opinion!
  • Options
    @Sallinasims so nice that you were inspired to start your own RKC, I'm really looking forward to reading your story, do you have a link?

I think your suggestions sound great, I don't have the University EP so that is why I have not updated the challenge with rules regarding it. I'm not entirely sure how the EP works either, could you write a few rules regarding it and I can add them to the list?

I think your idea of moving in teenagers into other households to be ladies-in-waiting/servants is great. I've thought of that too, but moving in teenagers is a bit cumbersome because you can't move out a teenager alone from a household to another, but it works if you move a teenager and an adult and then move out the adult again. Unless you know another, simpler way? I will formalize a rule and add it :smiley:

Great ideas!
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    SallinasimsSallinasims Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi again!
    Whoops! Apparently I haven't been a member long enough to post links, but I will get a link as soon as I am able. My blog is called Sallina's Royal Kingdom Challenge, and it's on wordpress. You might be able to search for it, I think? Very sorry about that, I'll try to get you a link as soon as I can!
    I'd love to write some rules for the University thing, I'll get on that as soon as I can. The University Life EP isn't currently installed in my game (I had to completely restart my computer, and haven't added some of the EPs I don't use back to my game, because it runs so much better without them) but I did play it a bit when it was installed. The main thing about the University is that it's very modern (students wear modern clothes, laptops and computers everywhere, etc.) so that's why I'd suggest just using your imagination and creating your own "university" to put in your world, rather than using the in-game one. Sorry if that explanation was confusing, I'm not too good at explaining things, sadly.
    Unfortunately, I do not know of a simpler way to move out teens. There might be some sort of mod or something, but I wouldn't know since I don't use them. You might be able to use testingcheatsenabled and shift click on the teen sim to add them to the household, I'm not sure as I've never tried that before.
    Thanks for responding so quickly, as I wasn't sure if you were still checking this thread. And as always, looking forward to a new chapter!
  • Options
    @Sallinasims ah ok, I understand how you mean about the Univeristy now :) It could be an optional rule, like the Monastery. It's a great idea :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anybody follows this thread any longer, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm back and posting new updates every week. I can't wait to hear what you all think :)

https://ofkingsandcastles.wordpress.com/
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Im following and got this bookmarked, glad to see u back :)!
  • Options
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Im following and got this bookmarked, glad to see u back :)!

Great to hear and thank you <3 I'm so glad to be back :)
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Yay!!!! I'm glad you're back. I loved this story
  • Options
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Yay!!!! I'm glad you're back. I loved this story

Aww, thank you :D
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Btw is anyone doing this with Sims 4? I'd love to read theirs too. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top