Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to kill your pets?

The only way i know is old age, ive tried starvation fire and drowning them but it doesnt work; how else can you kill them?

Comments

• Fallon_CarterFallon_Carter Posts: 347 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I believe the only way to have a pet be killed is of old age, any other way the social worker will take them away, even if they are trapped. I think you might be able to achieve it by cheating, I'll have to look and check.

Do you happen to be trying to obtain a ghost pet?
  • secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2012
    a pet can only die via old age if you don't want your pet anymore you can put it up for adoption, if you are trying to get a ghost pet you can turn elder age with the sliders to 1 day then they die quicker.
  • Twrks64Twrks64 Posts: 17 New Member
    I kill dog, I drown my dog, Cause Dog is strange by Cheats. I found it! at youtube.com -> /watch?v=1HM8E46UA8Y
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    This is so sad ... :cry:
  • Twrks64Twrks64 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited March 2015
    LaAbby, Yes, The ghost appear light blue almost white.
    Post edited by Twrks64 on
  • blacerdamullerblacerdamuller Posts: 57 Member
    Why do you want to kill your pets? This is so sad :( :(
  • Fiveme2Fiveme2 Posts: 963 Member
    Blace....its just a game..the animal maybe glitches or something -.-'
    And I think of you do the cheat code I think theres a option to delet them or just have it adopted it out
    tumblr_o1sxde9dwe1t3u3odo1_500.gif
  • EmmaApplegateEmmaApplegate Posts: 86 Member
    R.I.P to all the pets harmed in the making of this conversation
    2le6skj.jpg
  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2015
    RIP..
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Are you anticipating serial killer as a future job description?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Fiveme2Fiveme2 Posts: 963 Member
    Are you anticipating serial killer as a future job description?
    Dude its a game...not real life...
    Please say you don't think a game is real life if you do..I feel sorry for you.
    Killing animals in real life depends on the state I believe you can goto jail and a serial killer kills humans not animals.
    tumblr_o1sxde9dwe1t3u3odo1_500.gif
  • ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    Ah but they say most serial killers start out with killing animals...... teasing. I know it's just a game and you can play any scenario that strikes your fancy. Have fun!
  • Mia_KitoMia_Kito Posts: 507 Member
    ^ Amen.
  • EmsimmmerEmsimmmer Posts: 19 Member
    Old age, or you could hit ctrl+shift+c and then shift click on your pet, the options will come up with:

CAS

Object

trigger age transition

change traits

if you want it to die of old age, choose trigger age transition until it becomes a elder, press it again and it will die..

if you want to delete it, click object and then delete.

hope this helped :D
  • pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    When I had pets installed I couldn't bear to kill them! I had pets live for generations and generations because I kept making them young again with cheats. Especially when I used to play "myself" on the Sims, I needed to have my little black kittie for it to feel complete! I kept making her an adult whenever she aged into elder. I love dat lil beastie <3
    Get off my lawn!
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @Fiveme2 It may be a game but most serial killers start with pets. That is psychologically proven.

As to the OP, I haven't ever tried this but I think the only way pets will die is old age. They will either run away or be taken away if they fall into need desperation.

Like most here though I can't bring myself to off them. They may just be pixelated pets, but they're my pixelated people's pets and I love them! They're generally support characters in my sim story. I know that if you want a blue pet ghost, just fulfil as many pet wishes as you can. The red pet ghost is the default if they don't get, I think it's 15k in lifetime wishes fulfilled. Blue is 15k+. I think I've been able to unknowing get only one blue ghost dog and that was because he was the family's only pet, so all of his wishes were granted!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ah but they say most serial killers start out with killing animals...... teasing. I know it's just a game and you can play any scenario that strikes your fancy. Have fun!
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    @Fiveme2 It may be a game but most serial killers start with pets. That is psychologically proven.
    It strikes me as kind of funny nobody ever makes real life assumptions like this when people ask how they can kill off their sim :/

On a side note, on topic, does anyone know what happens when a dog jumps into a pool without you noticing? That happened in my game (in a mansion in Bridgeport). The family (not the family I was playing) had a dog and he’d jump into the pool all the time. I used resetsim to get him out, but what happens if I wouldn’t? Does the game reset them? They can’t climb out as far as I know.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    @JoAnne65 - My sims' dogs never had any trouble jumping out of swimming pools. If the dog is a member of the actively controlled household, just a Go Here to a spot on the ground near the pool should do it. In fact, a pool at one of their vacation homes has a cement island built into the middle with lounge chairs on it. The dog loves to spend all day swimming, jumping up and snoozing on the lounge chairs (or maybe just on the "ground" up there, it's been a while) then repeat. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I tried having one of my dogs swim the other day and was a wreck thinking the poor thing would drown, I watched her like a hawk, she did manage to climb out but I prompted it as she just kept swimming and swimming...

To "get rid of" extra pets...(and when you have three houses with 1 adult plus three puppies that you didn't want but they showed up when you changed houses for 10 minutes they are considered extras)..I age them up to elder in CAS then have them have a birthday, thus triggering Grim..I feel bad but can't deal with tons of dogs when I'm trying to get screenshots for a story. As far as killing off regular old Sims ask my SS how many billions of times she has been killed off! ;)
    edited November 2017
    Another approach might be to move the unwanted pets to other households. Up to a point anyway, I am sure no one wants 500 puppies in their town if this keeps happening.

But of course there are mod solutions as well for removing sims who should never really have existed in the first place without killing anyone and that will prevent things like this from happening in households that you switch in and out of. :)

@Charlottesmom'sSS - Okay, so how many billions of times have you been killed off? (am I really going to get an answer to this one?) :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 - My sims' dogs never had any trouble jumping out of swimming pools. If the dog is a member of the actively controlled household, just a Go Here to a spot on the ground near the pool should do it. In fact, a pool at one of their vacation homes has a cement island built into the middle with lounge chairs on it. The dog loves to spend all day swimming, jumping up and snoozing on the lounge chairs (or maybe just on the "ground" up there, it's been a while) then repeat. :)
    They do :o ? I didn't know that (this particular dog I didn't control and I didn't give it a chance to climb out by themself). Well, it's a relief, I won't have to worry next time I see a dog jumping in :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
    If all else fails and you see tired or other stressed out thought bubbles coming from an uncontrolled animal in the water, the player can always reset them as you said. I've seen animals get uncomfortable in my game, but fortunately have never seen any of them drown.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @igazor , I may have exaggerated a bit, I have killed her off at least 35 times though sometimes she was just annoying me sometimes for a specific ghost. ;)
  • shortiflowersshortiflowers Posts: 17 Member
    My question is: Can you turn a ghost elderly dog into a younger dog while it's a ghost?
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    Is aw the title of this fourm and I burst out laughing. LOL
    2vc864m.jpg