Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jericho

Nothing to see here.
I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
My Worlds

Comments

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2012
    WOW!!! ITS AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2012
    It looks excellent simsample, I saw it on ModTheSims but really don't mind seeing it again :D
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2012
    On the version of Jericho that I downloaded it was practically loaded with CC. I don't know if that's just me or something random happened.
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for the great comments, AHENRICHs and Sneakfeline0!

will2586 - I have no idea where you downloaded that from- mine is clean.
    http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc472/JerichoWorld/Bluefunk_0112-Jan-121459.jpg

However, it does have a lot of custom resources in it, as mentioned in the download thread- so it has recoloured rabbitholes and objects, custom weather and custom water planes. Those are present in the World file itself and are not installed to your game, and only work for Jericho.
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2012
    I got it from MTS. Don't know why it did that. I'll try it again.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2012
    This is Amazing!!!
    The layout is awesome, the landscaping perfect, the attention to detail outstanding, the lots are great...I can keep going praising all night. It's unbelievable! Can't wait to try this one out.
    One question though,
    Is there room for future EPs community lots? Or are you planning on updating it when New Eps come out?

will2586 - I just downloaded , from the 4shared link above , run it through custard, and there were no CC at all.

I won't be installing this for a while, as i'm currently running on replacement temp game files (almost vanilla but Twallans mods and store items I'm using), due to the making of my own world. I'm safekeeping it though so I can install once my original game files are back into my game.

By the way is there any chance that you are going to release a version with that isolated island marked as unroutable? I don't mind keeping an eye on it for "outcast" Sims, but it would be great if i could ignore it completely.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 2012
    Phenomenal, Sample :) That picture of the lighthouse is just ... yum :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited January 2012
    Wow, what a beautiful world! Great attention to detail. Nice picture in the diner window. :lol:
  • Options
    NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2012
    Can this world be found here or do I have to fly over to MTS or the Cavesim?
  • Options
    JadeNightFireJadeNightFire Posts: 27
    edited January 2012
    I look forward to downloading this and checking this out.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2012
    This is simply gorgeous. I assume you know that Jericho is the Oldest city in existence. :D
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I downloaded this earlier today, it's absolutely incredible. :) I love it!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thank you everyone for your great responses! All of your comments are very much appreciated. :)

will2586, yes- please try it again, did you check it in CUSTARD, or did you notice the items in Launcher? Perhaps if you could clarify then I could investigate. :)

geminiagre, there are a few empty lots that could be zoned to anything you like, but I didn't create too many spare as there are already 162 lots! I think with that many you will be able to accommodate most future requirements, as perhaps some of the existing buildings could be reworked or demolished. No, I'm not planning on making a version with the islands unroutable- those islands have hidden tombs on them that contain a small network of dive wells- they are places for sims to discover and so are integral to the design of Jericho. If you really don't want them in your game, you could always use the CAW files provided to make your own version, I provided them for this very purpose, as it's impossible for a creator to make an entire world that pleases everyone in every aspect! Thanks for your compliments. :)

Conorsim- I'm glad you like it! :)

DarkMirage- Thank you! Hehe, you spotted him! Did you see his Sims 2 version on a billboard, too?

Nofravell- Yes, you can download it here- check out the first post where it says this:
    simsample wrote:
    Download Links

Extract the Sims3Pack file, then double click to install it with Launcher.
    You need 7Zip to extract this file.

Click here to Download Jericho

JadeNightFire- Thank you, I hope you have fun with it!

niac1234- Haha, it feels as though this is the oldest world too, as it took me so long to make! :-o Thanks for the comment. :)

Panther00567- Thanks for downloading, I'm glad you like it! :D
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited January 2012
    Looks good, simsample.
    I`ve nearly finished my own world, so I`m just gauging by the pics and clicking on the links to the maps, from those, Jericho looks great.
    I read through your introduction and (very helpful) information post and you have left no stone uncovered. Nice work.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thank you Johnnywr, I'm glad you like the pictures! Do you have a thread for your current world?
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited January 2012
    simsample wrote:
    Thank you Johnnywr, I'm glad you like the pictures! Do you have a thread for your current world?
    That`s okay, Simsample :)
    Yeah, I`m just adding the finishing touches to Great Bear. I kind of think it`s a wee bit rude to post links to something I`m working on here on Jericho`s thread, but, yeah, Great Bear has it`s own thread (it`s probably on page 147 :? ). To be honest, I think I started the thread a tad too early, but I`m getting there now. I`m hoping to release it this month.

• Options
    jona67jona67 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Great detailing!
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2012
    This is beautiful, Simsample! Your attention to detail is amazing :) I love the sculpting and the painting. You give us all an example to follow!

I may have to give this a try at some point. I'm a little hesitant because of the number of lots and how my laptop will handle it - but then you never know till you try :D

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Johnnywr wrote:
    Yeah, I`m just adding the finishing touches to Great Bear. I kind of think it`s a wee bit rude to post links to something I`m working on here on Jericho`s thread, but, yeah, Great Bear has it`s own thread (it`s probably on page 147 :? ). To be honest, I think I started the thread a tad too early, but I`m getting there now. I`m hoping to release it this month.

Haha, you must be Scottish, the Scots are always so modest! I managed to find it eventually (it isn't very easy to use this forum) so here's a link for everyone wondering:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/423977.page
    I'm not sure how I missed that, but I would certainly have commented had I seen it! I think that there is so much traffic on this forum, threads can get missed or lost very quickly. But Great Bear is beautiful, well done on such a great world! Looking forward to trying it. :)

jona67- thanks for the comment! Yes, there is a lot of detail in Jericho, hopefully there is enough to keep people discovering new things for a while!

mikitta47- Aww, thank you dear! Unfortunately it is quite a hefty world, but up until the last 10 or so lots it was built on a very low-end computer. So it might work, if you keep the lots rendered figure low. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    XDragonFlyXXDragonFlyX Posts: 88 New Member
    edited January 2012
    This world is lovely! Runs great and looks very professionally done - the weather effects add to the atmosphere and those cloudy skies look fab (you've got a far better grip on creating those files than I have)! Thanks for your hard work :)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2012
    simsample, I downloaded your world from mts earlier this month and I think it's great! I haven't had a chance to start a game there yet (so many wonderful worlds, so little time!), so there's a lot that I haven't even seen yet, but I wanted to tell you that my two favorite things so far were the French cottages that you made into duplexes - I just love the design, the landscaping, everything! - and the heart shaped pools. How cool are they!

Earlier this morning I was fiddling around with a house that I'm building and look what I did! I'm so excited because I didn't have a clue how to do it, I was just experimenting. :mrgreen:

heartpool.jpg

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    XDragonFlyX- Thank you for the great comment, I was helped immensely by the people on MTS who experimented with the sea/ sky parameters. We managed to get enough data together that I could understand how to get the sky I was envisaging, so it's worth checking out that thread if you haven't already. :)
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198

HappySimmer3- I'm glad you like the world! Thanks for downloading. Wow, that pool is really great, I must confess that I didn't really aim for a heart shaped pool, I just achieved it by accident when playing with the pool tools too. And I liked the result so much that I made another! Will you be uploading your house? It looks great! :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited January 2012
    simsample wrote:
    DarkMirage- Thank you! Hehe, you spotted him! Did you see his Sims 2 version on a billboard, too?

No, I haven't gotten a chance to really play it yet. I did see Max on a billboard though! :lol: Nice job.

ETA: CK made a tutorial last year on how to make a heart shaped fountain, just FYI.
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=277877
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Haha, I wasn't sure anyone else remembered Max Headroom! ;)

Thanks for the link, that makes it a lot easier! Thise curved pool/ fountain tools are tricky to get the hang of!
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2012
    [quote=simsampleHappySimmer3- I'm glad you like the world! Thanks for downloading. Wow, that pool is really great, I must confess that I didn't really aim for a heart shaped pool, I just achieved it by accident when playing with the pool tools too. And I liked the result so much that I made another! Will you be uploading your house? It looks great! :)[/quote]

I really like how you did double hearts on your lot in Jericho but I didn't have the room to do that in this one. Besides, I'm not entirely sure I would know how to do it again! :lol:

Thank you very much for your kind words and encouragement. I don't know if I'll get to upload it or not - I've been play-testing it and I got that bug where sims go down the stairs to the basement but can't get back up! Not the bug with the spiral stairs, this is the one that showed up after Ambitions, I think it was. It appears to have something to do with the house's orientation in the world. I'm going to have to play test it on another lot and in other worlds with other sims before I'll know if it's safe to upload it or not. What a pain, but I guess if it wasn't it wouldn't be The Sims. :wink:

Ha! Ninja'd. Thanks for that link, DM, I'll check it out. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!