Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game freezing periodically, mostly while on vacation in China

Every 15 to 30 Sim minutes (sometimes I'll go a Sim hour) the game will freeze up for 5-10 seconds. Happens on 2 and 3 speed. Playing at that speed mostly because it's my Sims on vacation and they're going from point A to point B. Luckily, the clock freezes so I don't lose half the vacation to lag.

It's fine in the home location.

So far, I've only traveled to China and I know it has some of the worst routing issues. But so does Bridgeport which is the home location.

Patch Level: 1.26 (not fully patched, was waiting a bit to make sure mods were updated). Will be patching and seeing if that helps things out. Will post if it does.

EP's and SP's installed: All.

Hacks: Twallan's Overwatch, Twallan's StoryProgression, and Twallan's MasterController. I've got the right versions for my patch level.

Other:

Normally send 2 Sims on vacation, but now I'm currently sending 3. The first two have vacation related LTW's (Seasoned Traveler and Great Explorer). The 3rd will be finding Mr. Right while on vacation. All three are vampires.

Story Progression is turned off in China to help with the lag.

This is a family that is on generation 4 (she just hit YA).

Here's the basic info of my computer. Let me know if you need the dxdiag. I'm not on the computer I play on so I can't just copy and paste and I'll be darned if I type an entire dxdiag, but I post what I feel is the most important parts of it.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Service Pack 1 is installed.
Processor: Intell i7-2600 3.40 GHz 8 CPU's.
RAM: 6 GB
DirectX version: 11
Hard Drive: 1.5 TB. I have 1.3 TB of free space.

Video Card: 512 MB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6450
Driver version: 8.851.0.0 (could be out of date as the date for it was June 2011)

So what I want to know is: what can I do to either get rid of the lag or reduce the lag if patching doesn't help? And at worse case, keep it from getting worse.