Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded a sim-He's in download folder, but not in game..help!!

Long story short, I downloaded a friend's sim from the exchange that my simming friend made for me. The sim shows up in my launcher, seems like he installed. He appears in my download folder, but not in my saved sims folder. He is nowhere in game, I am assuming because he won't appear in my saved sim folder. I have never had this issue before, and the sim in question only appears to have EA made items. Any help or suggestions is very much appreciated.. 8)

Comments

• turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    ANNAPTX wrote:
    Long story short, I downloaded a friend's sim from the exchange that my simming friend made for me. The sim shows up in my launcher, seems like he installed. He appears in my download folder, but not in my saved sims folder. He is nowhere in game, I am assuming because he won't appear in my saved sim folder. I have never had this issue before, and the sim in question only appears to have EA made items. Any help or suggestions is very much appreciated.. 8)

when you go into create a household.. and click pre made sims.. and hit the CC icon.. does he show up?
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited January 2012
    No. He isn't showing up in the pre-made sim bin, and I did filter the view to only showing custom content. I also, just for fun, checked the household library in Edit Town. He doesn't seem to be anywhere. Yet, when I attempt to re-download and/or reinstall, the launcher says he is installed.. :roll: I even attempted to download via the save file, and manually put him in the saved sim folder, and, by the way, I had to change the file extension to .sim...still cannot find him in game...yikes!!

and turistas9, I really do appreciate your kind response.. 8)
  • elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited January 2012
    I know this is probably an obvious and stupid question (But I've made many silly ommissions in the past, myself). Have you clicked him in the download folder and hit install? and is he in your installed items in the launcher and not just your download items? (they are 2 different sections - I know you are probably aware of this lol)
    edited January 2012
    elle0808 wrote:
    I know this is probably an obvious and stupid question (But I've made many silly ommissions in the past, myself). Have you clicked him in the download folder and hit install? and is he in your installed items in the launcher and not just your download items? (they are 2 different sections - I know you are probably aware of this lol)
    I thank you very much for your help...hey, I will try anything, and we all can overlook the obvious at times..here is what is happening...his file appears in the download folder, but when I "install" him via the launcher, since he is a sim, he will not load into the saved sim folder. One time he did install into the Saved Sim folder, but the file extension still showed .Sims3Pack
    I notice all my other saved sims have the file extension, .sim
    I tried even downloading the sim file via the "save file" option on the exchange page, and once I found him in my computer's download folder, I changed the file extension to .sim, and plopped it into the Saved Sim folder . Still no show...I don't understand this. I know I must have messed something up along the way, but have no idea what. :?: :? :oops:
    edited January 2012
    Does anyone else have any ideas? I would love to get this sim to work...my friend was nice enough to make it for me, and I would like to make a story using this sim...the sim seems extrememly interesting.. :D
    edited January 2012
    Just so others know, in case someone else has this issue...my launcher was set up using Mozilla, and Mozilla needed updating...updated my browser, and boom....it worked!! :mrgreen:
    Odd part about all this was, everything else was going through fine, just not that one sim...interesting... 8)