Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Stadium Open Up???

Well we can go and see concerts in the stadium, and I think that if you are in the Music Career or if your in a band with Late Night, you can throw your own concert there. Well, obviously with this pack we'll be able to throw concerts at the stage venues now. So will the stadium now open up? If it does, that would be great! Otherwise I'm sure the option to see a concert at the stadium will go away (which makes sense).... What do you guys think?

Comments

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    edited January 2012
    I'd love it if it opened up, but I doubt they're going to open up any lots that we already have...

:/ I think our best chance is if they put in new lots altogether, like they did in pets, and open those new ones up. Not getting my hope up though.

MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2012
    The stadium won't be opened up. If they did, they would have to make games of different sport happen there as well. That part isn't hard, but what is hard is the hundreds of sims that would need to watch it to make it believeable. Not only would it end up like Late Night clubs, but the rabbithole itself isn't large enough to hold all of those sims.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2012
    No rabbithole will ever open because that is style of TS3.

What it means is players will be able to build stadiums/concert halls/indie clubs for our sims to perform at. There will already be premade venues as well for our sims to perform.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I think what they are referring to is more of an entertainment arena, as opposed to a sports stadium, or at least, a large venue in the round style of staging.
  • NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited January 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    The stadium won't be opened up. If they did, they would have to make games of different sport happen there as well. That part isn't hard, but what is hard is the hundreds of sims that would need to watch it to make it believeable. Not only would it end up like Late Night clubs, but the rabbithole itself isn't large enough to hold all of those sims.

Well what if they opened it up, but then one section of the stadium is a rabbit-hole. I always wanted that to happen for restaurants! All they have to do is make the kitchen part of the restaurant a rabbit-hole so jobs there can still work and be the same, and we'll still be able to go inside... I'm pretty sure it's not that hard...
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:

Well what if they opened it up, but then one section of the stadium is a rabbit-hole. I always wanted that to happen for restaurants! All they have to do is make the kitchen part of the restaurant a rabbit-hole so jobs there can still work and be the same, and we'll still be able to go inside... I'm pretty sure it's not that hard...
    That would probably work. It's what I've been wanting for restraunts & shops as well.
  • NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited January 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

That would probably work. It's what I've been wanting for restraunts & shops as well.

Ya, but it would still be nice to actually see the cook make the food, or even be the cook yourself like in Sims 2 Open For Business. Even Sims 1 Hot Date had that. Why wouldn't Sims 3??? It just makes no sense... And ya I want more shops to open up.. They should also make a clothes store so we can buy clothes instead of automatically having all clothes in your dresser. And the grocery store should have more purpose too. Instead of food popping into our fridge, we should have to go buy it at the store. It would make the game more challenging like Sims 2....
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Ya, but it would still be nice to actually see the cook make the food, or even be the cook yourself like in Sims 2 Open For Business. Even Sims 1 Hot Date had that. Why wouldn't Sims 3??? It just makes no sense... And ya I want more shops to open up.. They should also make a clothes store so we can buy clothes instead of automatically having all clothes in your dresser. And the grocery store should have more purpose too. Instead of food popping into our fridge, we should have to go buy it at the store. It would make the game more challenging like Sims 2....

Getting an open world made us give up most features like those from The Sims 2 :P