Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Add a New Sim to Already Existing Game?

Hi guys.. I'm new to the Sims and I'm sure this has already been asked and answered, but I've had no luck finding it on google or here. Is there some way (WITHOUT a mod - as I don't trust myself to install those yet) to add another CUSTOM sim to your household AFTER you have started a game.

For example. I have a single man reaching level 5 in his career, now I want to bring in a wife for him. But I don't want some random town sim - I want to go back to CAS and make her myself and add her to the household. Is there any way to do this? [cheats welcome!]

Is this only availible through a mod or is there some other way? Thanks!

Comments

• ShaunBowersShaunBowers Posts: 24 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi There;
    You can currently do that just follow this:

1. While in game play click '...' in the circle and select 'Edit Town'
    2. Click the Create a Sim/Family Button.
    3. Create your sim
    4. In Family library put her into the household of the man
    5. Merge familys (him+her) and they will be in the same household now
    6. Go back to game play and click 'save' if it asks.

Hope ive helped.
    Cheers.
  • Beck1590Beck1590 Posts: 145 Member
    edited January 2012
    Thank you so very much! :)
  • Sonnyboy689Sonnyboy689 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    when you want to add a sim younger than young adults it DOES n0t work
  • Homestar9000Homestar9000 Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    You can also use testingcheatsenabled true, edit your sims with shift enter. Then, choose save sim. ( click the three dots at the bottom of the screen.) this will save the sim to the bin. Then make a new file, choose create a new household, then add pre made sim. Then click custom sim. Then, add other sims. You should then be able to replace the new family with the old family in the household
  • 71_s671_s6 Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    you can also marry him to any town women (she can be ugly) and then once she moves in bring up the cheats box and type in testingcheatsenabled true and then shift click her and do edit in create a sim or cas and you can completely change her.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    Be warned, though; when you merge his wife with him you will also merge their household funds, and singular sim families start with 16k.

Enjoy your extra pocket change! :shock:
  • SalmonSafe47986SalmonSafe47986 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you add relationships to sims on Xbox one while still in the game.
    Thanks
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    How do you add relationships to sims on Xbox one while still in the game.
    Thanks

@SalmonSafe47986, not sure if you're playing TS4 but if you are, then you might want to ask this over in The Sims 4 Console section as this is an old TS3 thread... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/console-discussion
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I am going to close this out. @SalmonSafe47986 if you're talking about the XB1 version of Sims 4, hopefully, @lisasc360's link helps. If not and you're talking about Sims 3 on 360, maybe try searching a bit more and hopefully you'll find your answer.

Please just try to be aware of when a thread was last active when replying as this thread's almost 7 years old and hasn't been active in almost 5 years. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top