Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Awesome Library Idea?!?!?!

Well idk if this idea has ever been mentioned before, but I really think the library needs an update! I think that in a patch, or even in a future expansion pack, we should be able to actually borrow books from the library. Let's face it, the library is VERY boring and pointless as it is right now. All you can do is read books there, and there aren't even skill books!

When you borrow books from the library, you need to buy a library card that can maybe be $100 per person, and then your able to borrow up to two books at a time per card. Then, you have to return it the next day or something (a sim week is too long!), and if you forget, you have to pay $25 each day for the late fee. So if it's three days over due, you'll pay $75. I think this idea is really cool and would make the library more fun. All you need is some sort of objects that's like a desk which lets you return the book and has the librarian (new NPC) which checks out your book with a scanner all in one item. I think this is a really cool idea....

And if this idea does happen, EA should make the librarian always a female elder. I'm pretty sure you never see people fresh out of college being a librarian...

Comments

• Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited December 2011
    "All you can do is read books there"
    Yeah. That's sorta the point of a library, a place of information and sources. And there are skill books there, atleast in mine there are o: But I like the idea of borrowing the books very much! But
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited December 2011
    there ARE skill books and you get a boost to studying in a library so its not exactly pointless no .
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited December 2011
    its actually not pointless when theres tons of books there you can read without spending a dime and there are computers if you cant afford those either

i wouldnt want to borrow books b.c then i would get charged for forgetting to return them or something
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited December 2011
    I put music rooms in my library. Supposedly sound proof rooms that don't disturb others in the library. :wink:

A little unusual, but I consider it a cultural library. It's great for sims just starting out who have no money for a grand piano. It would be cool to be able to check out rare or special books. I have a thread on updating The Library, Art Museum, and Gym for more depth. I want the Library to have a librarian NPC that goes around shushing rowdy sims and is the go to person to get the rare useful books.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea, but they shouldn't have to pay for a card. Most public libraries issue one for free.

I would like it if they included the books from WA in the libraries.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    I put music rooms in my library. Supposedly sound proof rooms that don't disturb others in the library. :wink:

A little unusual, but I consider it a cultural library. It's great for sims just starting out who have no money for a grand piano. It would be cool to be able to check out rare or special books. I have a thread on updating The Library, Art Museum, and Gym for more depth. I want the Library to have a librarian NPC that goes around shushing rowdy sims and is the go to person to get the rare useful books.

I guess my idea is sorta bad lol... Sims all over the neighborhood would probably have overdue books due to how bad EA has story progression. I do like the idea of at least having a librarian who goes around shushing Sims. It's almost like Ms. Crumplebottom lol... And I also agree with the person above me, they should have the WA books in the libraries then... I just think the library really needs an upgrade along with the art museum...
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited December 2011
    I meantion the borrowing idea on a thread awhile ago and this is someone else's idea:
    Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to do. You just go to the library, check out a book, and if your Sim doesn't return it to the library within 2 Sim days (or even click on the mailbox to "return book"), then it disappears from their inventory, and the Sim gets charged anywhere from say 50-100 simoleans.

And the book that they check out has to stay in their inventory, they cannot put it in their bookshelf. Whether EA will ever do this or not remains to be seen. But it's not a bad idea.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    This idea isn't unworkable. It's a good idea at the core, just needs a few minor tweaks, all of which have already been covered.

So, yeah, good idea.