Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Graphic Problem please help (Pictures Provided)

I've been having this problem for awhile it happens on and off i don't know what it is. At first i thought it was nrass mods but i got rid of those and thats not it i have awesome mod right now and i do have some cc. How can i stop this from happening and i'm not quite sure what is happening. Also sometimes this happens and it will crash the game after it start acting glitchy. I have patch number 1.26

6550980485_0e0525886e_z.jpg
6550978201_d603941fb6_z.jpg
6550975881_09ed2c4797_z.jpg
6550973525_1fc54765ca_z.jpg
6550971079_7401bfac96_z.jpg

Comments

• xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited December 2011

Try to update to the patch 1.29
  • CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited December 2011
    What computer are you playing on? I have a mid 2011 iMac running Lion and I sometimes get a similar problem with CAS, but more often than not it just freezes and crashes to the desktop even with patch 1.29.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm playing on a 2010 macbook pro 15'' 4gb 500gb hard drive i7 and i also run snow leo. i don't have lion so that should help. my specs great but i still have this problem. And no i'm not about to update i don't want all the in game adver. or those ugly new trees
  • BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2011
    Cutie I have the same exact comp as you and I still have those issues.

And after I see that it normally either crashes or won't let me save and freezes.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    cutie9676 wrote:
    I'm playing on a 2010 macbook pro 15'' 4gb 500gb hard drive i7 and i also run snow leo. i don't have lion so that should help. my specs great but i still have this problem. And no i'm not about to update i don't want all the in game adver. or those ugly new trees

You can turn the in-game advertising off by getting disabling shop mode in the options panel.
    edited December 2011
    I'm not updating so it not a option right now unless i know 4 sure it's gonna stop my game from doing this and crashing all the time
    edited December 2011
    still no one can help me come on! please i'm desperate
  • LyricalSongstressLyricalSongstress Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, the new patch is the only suggestion I have. Count it out of your options as you will, but it's fixed the problem for other users. If not, you'll probably have to wait for a new patch to be released or something, because I don't think there's any real quick fix that you can do on your own.
  • cee2ceecee2cee Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I've just started getting the same problem on my 2009 Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard. I have all the current expansions and my game is bang up to date. I don't have any CC except from the Store but I did recently make and install some patterns with the Create A Pattern tool. Could it be that, I wonder?
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2012
    I just posted about this issue here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/464343.page

It's very important to find the best balance with your graphics options!!!! it can solve many problems! I had always crashing in CAS, and black Sims, with my previous settings! Now it works just fine! :)
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • TheFlossCatTheFlossCat Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    my sims turn turquoise an its relly annoyin cos ive just uploaded a sim 2 the exchange my profile pic and cos my graphics r bad it makes her bald :( any helpp??
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have the black Sims usually when I've done a ton of wardrobe adjustment. I think at some point the game can't 'process' the changes any more.

Usually when I see a Sim start to look a bit invisible around the edges, I stop and go do something else for a bit. Most of the time it's OK next time.

TheFlossCat - I never saw a Sim turn turquoise before...
    I don't think your Sim is bald because of the graphics, though. Did you use custom content hair? Because Patch 1.29 broke the cc again.
    edited February 2012
    Update
    I updated to 1.29 but still had the problem and also have problems with the exception raised error which got worse when i updated so it's not a problem with my computer a lot of others are having the problem and i can't believe ea hasn't came out with a fix
    O yeah i installed a bunch of times and now i'm back to 1.26
  • rosidbonrosidbon Posts: 184 New Member
    edited February 2012
    This looks like another sufferer whose problem is similar to mine.
    I can't make a family in CAS!
    I have not been able to make a family in CAS since I installed PETS in Ocotber!
    I don't think that any of the above tips are of any help at all as I have tried absolutely everything to fix this in my game, for the last four months.
    There is something seriously wrong with the CAS window that I don't seem to be able to do anything about.
    I have;
    Made sure that my Mac is using the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB card to run the game.
    Updated ALL cc to 'Updated for Pets'
    Updated ALL Mods to 'Updated for Pets'
    Deleted all Cache files
    Repaired Permissions
    Deleted The Sims3 Preferences folder
    refreshed The Sims3 game folder and run a 'Vanilla' game
    Deleted all caches in; <diskname/library/Caches/<anything with Sims3 in it
    Deleted all Caches in <users/user name>/Library/Caches/<anything with Sims 3 in it
    Removed my Mods Folder from the game
    Removed my; Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/DCCache Folder
    Removed my; Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/DCBackup Folder
    Manually un- installed the base game and all EPs and Stuff Packs and any files referring to the Sims3
    Re-installed the base game, all EPs, and all Stuff Packs
    Ran the completely new game without any cc or mods.
    Un- installed and re- installed the whole game 3 more times.
    Nothing I have done has made any difference.

I STILL CANNOT MAKE A FAMILY IN CAS!!!

I am playing on;
    MacBook Pro 2009
    OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
    3.06 Ghz
    4GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 GB

I have Base Game
    All EPs
    All Stuff Packs

I have posted everywhere I can find to see if anyone has a fix for me. So far- Nadda-
    Interestingly more and more people are posting, as here, about similar problems, the pictures look exactly like what happens to me in CAS, followed by the message 'Exception raised, un handled page/write access at 0x00000000f... blah..blah... do you want to debug?.. blah..blah..' Choose either option and the game crashes to the desktop. I still have to find anyone else posting that they are unable to make a family but it all looks to me like related problems.
    Might be a good ides to try to get all these similar problems in the one topic to try to isolate what is going on.
    Maybe Bluebell Flora could help with that ?
    I am at a complete loss for now.