Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need some new fun sims 3 family ideas?

124...Next

Comments

• pwc7G4xpwc7G4x Posts: 4 New Member
    I have a few...
    1. Hospital where you bring people to your hospital and make sure they are perfectly fine (Not hungry or dirty) I also had a wing for elders and children who's parents are in the hospital
    2.Farming family
    3.Thinking of doing a kingdom sort of thing
    4.Have a baby with a person then leave but still try to be apart of the babies life
    5.adopt a bunch of animals and make an adoption place where all of the animals can have good lives
    6.Use cheats every once and a while to have rich and famous sims
    7.have two parents and 3 kids, so one parent stays at home and the other is never around always working
    8.make a single mom or dad
    9.make a set of twins or siblings that are completely different!
    10.make a sims game where they don't plan on having kids!(usually every game I have has kids so switching it up seems fun!
    I know that was more than a few but I hope this helps I will post more if I think of anymore :smile:
  • DinkyDonkey2DinkyDonkey2 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have an idea. You could make the mum a criminal and make the dad a police officer. See what happens.
  • DinkyDonkey2DinkyDonkey2 Posts: 6 New Member
    This is if you are on the Xbox. If someone makes you angry, get them into a small room. When they are in there, destroy the door so they can’t get out. Eventually they will die.
  • JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    The most challenging and interesting game I played was one where my founder was a gold digger with all negative traits except for flirty. I moved her to Claire Ursine's terrible house and kept her as a single mom with only a part-time job. She kept losing the jobs because she had the loser trait and would be fired all the time. When money got too tight I even broke my own rules and tried a full-time criminal career, but because of her unlucky trait, she went to jail so often that she lost that job too! See how many generations you can get to while passing on at least one negative trait to each generation. But be forewarned that you will lose your children to Social Services A LOT. Babysitters won't stay with the kids to keep their needs up if you're in jail all night!

Another idea is to play along with Matthew Hamm's story and try to get every vampire in Bridgeport pregnant. Even the homeless ones. I have a Bridgeport save where all he does is visit his illegitimate children and gambles haha. His family-oriented wife has just about had enough of him!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Jazzypoo -I would never let the NPC social workers take any children away though my playable social workers are a different story because any child removed by a social worker of the NPC type is object deleted and will eventually cause save corruption which leaves you with a save so corrupted that it's unplayable as I've had happen to three of my saves from those social workers before I Modded them out.I can only have children taken by my new playable social workers and that just puts them into a different household like the social services household and they're still in my game.
    I've been playing TS2's rotational style in my heavily Modded Sims 3 games and playing in empty custom worlds where I gradually add the population to the town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • junipertreesjunipertrees Posts: 43 Member
    Have your sims try out a career you've never played before!

I would also recommend the Random Legacy challenge as it sets you up at from the beginning, and can also give you inspiration for different types of families to play with!

Or start off with a group of friends and play out their different personality and career pathways. Don't force yourself to do the vanilla - Marry, have kids, and make a conscious effort to break out of the norm!
  • MyChem42MyChem42 Posts: 1 New Member
    What i did i made, a couple and then 2 tots, a baby, and she was pregnant. I just killed her husband and then made her watch her kids suffer, the kids would be taken away or stay at the house with her and be neglected, then i would give her a new boyfriend and make her have kids with him then kill him. Then all her kids ended up hating her and mourning all her boyfriends, eventually she had like 10 bfs, and when she died, her oldest took her legacy and even had her first kid with the one ex of her moms i didn't kill, Soon the whole map was filled with all her relatives and everyone who had kids just made the inbreeding that was happening in the town worse, The one person that survived burned down all his relatives houses and ended up being the last person in the world and took his own like from loneliness.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    The OP posted in 2011... But it's fun to see new ideas :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have an idea. You could make the mum a criminal and make the dad a police officer. See what happens.

@DinkyDonkey2 Now that would be interesting.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited November 2018
    Have a townie halfway-house. Befriend and move in townies, and residents, help them skill up and achieve stuff, even do a bit of match-making, then release them back into the wild

you are allowed to do this with legacies. you are allowed to move in as many townies as you want for their money or whatever, without having to marry them or have babies with them. So, it's not breaking the rules to do it.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.