Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need some new fun sims 3 family ideas?

Comments

• Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited January 2013
    ecole44 wrote:
    Try the random legacy challenge. It will never get boring...because it's random!

http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/

I highly recommend random legacies as well, my game playing got a lot more fun once I started trying them.
  • Options
    SALEEN1423SALEEN1423 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Ok well my idea is SUPER long, so it will keep u busy!!!!! :lol:

Ok so make a Dad (elder) (businessman or politician somthing thats like a big job!!) Make him lvl 10 in his career (cheat or hard way!!) Traits: commitment issues, genuis and whatever else u want.... Make him have a daughter (young adult) make her super friendly and family oriented and whateve else u want. Make 2 other youngadults (girls) make them gold diggers and dress them u know like a gold digger LOL, and when u get in to the game make him marry 1 and be romatic intrest of the other.

Have the daughter take all the dads money and buy a nice home! get her married and have children.
    Make the dad and 1 of his gold diggers have a child.
    Have the dad die
    The mom of the kid goes to her next lover
    And the dads oldest daughter takes her half sister and raise her as her own child!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    oxnamoxnam Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    try movin evryone out of your sims town e.g. sunset valley and create 2 sims and make them populate the whole town. I usually make an ugly man and a pretty girl and see how their children turn out, also I sometimes make another random guy and move him into another house and make the girl cheat on her husband, it makes it more interesting.:)
  • Options
    SALEEN1423SALEEN1423 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Get sims3 university!
  • Options
    Funnymuffin2001Funnymuffin2001 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Well u could do a just 1 young adult then make him/her have the "heartbreaker" lifetime wish. Have your sim do a bunch of weird things to find a love. Lol i did that and when he finally found someone she had the "family orented" trait and he had the "commitment issues" trait sooooooooo.....lol javascript:emoticon(':lol:');
  • Options
    ElliePlaysSimsElliePlaysSims Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, I haven't been playing Sims for that long but right now I have a really awesome household! Basically, there are 4 young adult girls who are best friends, and they have a huge house (I evicted a rock star guy :P) and loads of pets, and an adopted girl! It's a really random family but fun to play, I've been addicted to it for weeks now :)

My other idea, which I've not tried, is that you have crazy, gothic twins, who adopt lots of pets and kids (just because)! Hope the ideas helped! :lol:
  • Options
    Avenged7Fold6661Avenged7Fold6661 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited May 2013
    if all else fails, you can always try to get every badge :3
  • Options
    starfish23121starfish23121 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I have this one family the Harpers the dad and mom are both actors and celebs. They have a kid and are expecting one too. The dad cheats on the mom with the hot next door neighbor and the mom finds out and leaves him with the kid. After she had her baby a boy she went off and found a new husband A 5 star celeb and they had 2 kids. One day her ex husband showed up with their kid and another kid. The second kid was the neighbors kid. He finally met the kids and showed her how he had changed. She still loved her x husband. She wants to get back together with him. she had recently been suspicous of her new husband coming home very late. She found the he was cheating on her with his agent! She got back together with the ex and then u would think its a happin ending but it wont be this is as far as i got so u could do whatever next
  • Options
    BESSY1793BESSY1793 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Try building the house you are living in. It is really fun though it's difficult sometimes. I made a juge house and then I realised that it was all wrong, then I made a smaller house but the TV was about 10 metres away from the couch!!!! It's very funny. Try it. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You can also make a family with two or more kids and make them fail in their lifes. Make them have awful grades and make the parents fight with them because of it. Then, make them live a secret life, make them emos and buy sleeping bags so they can sleep outside their house, away from their parents. Or you can make one child that her/his parents hate him/her and make them have another child that just LOVE it. Then, the hated child will kidnap the kid which is never gonna meet her/his true parents.

Sorry if I have mistakes in my text. I'm greek :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmm...not having a lot of expansions kind of puts limits on what I do when I get bored. If I get really bored I just put the game away and either build a CAW town or CAP. Sometimes I just create sims and I make sure I deviate from my "norm".

Bridgeport is my no family town. I have multiple sims I play there. Aging is off so there is no need for me to feel as if time is running out for these sims. They are young adult to elders.

I have an elder who was widowed and now spends his time trying to pick up the younger ladies at the bar. He has very little money and looking for a nice lady to take care of him. So far, it has not worked out.

I have a vampire who has eyes on a nice young lady who is absolutely terrified of him. She rejects all of his advances and thinks he is gross. He is determined to win her over. It hasn't worked out for him because the girl has found a "nice young man" who is working his way up the corporate ladder. The vampire has a plan to get rid of the boyfriend though.

I play the boyfriend who isn't exactly the nicest guy and is a player. But he has his girlfriend convinced that someday they will be married, move out of Bridgeport, and have kids.

There is a young married couple who have part time jobs. They're goal is to save enough money to go to university. The only problem is as soon as they get a little bit of money they spend it all at the bar or at restaurants. The repo man has come numerous times and they are barely scraping by.

I have sim how is working her way up politics. She is a schmoozing, slimy, type of character that is real a kill joy. She hates the vampires and seeks to eradicate them. She is the leader of an underground group that hunts ghosts/vampires. The vamps and ghosts are trying to expose her but she has the upper hand because the people of Bridgeport love her. If she meets opposition she deals with it swiftly and in a not so nice way.

Anyway...I have more sims that I play in Bridgeport but those are just some of my story lines. If i get bored with them I go into CAS and throw an odd ball sim into the mix that have to start making their through this web of crazy I have going on in that town.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love the idea of a primitive world where they have to live off the land. I going to add that to my list of game starter scenarios.
  • Options
    Tigger19Tigger19 Posts: 1,516 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I've just started a castaway save. It's up to my sims to populate an island that they were stranded on :D I'm using a downloaded world called Waikki, I love it!
  • Options
    Snowdog2000Snowdog2000 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Try thinking OUTSIDE the box. Instead of two parents and two children living a happy life why not tear them apart and create drama and death. Maybe you could have a grandparent living in the house who needs caring for so your sims have to do all the work. Make up interesting storylines for your sim. Create a spy family that is so big it populates the town. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Okay, here's my other idea:

Supernatural Family
    Characters: Vladimir Blooder. The vampire
    Lily Pad. Fairy
    Wolfy Dog. Guess what. Werewolf
    Morgana (sorry, I can't remember the last name!)The which

At first I created the character of them. I made the fairy have a great garden, the vampire to be very, you know, acting like a count, the werewolf doing stupid dog things and the wich makin' magic. Then I made the wich and the werewolf make out and then finaly get married. Then the count and the fairy married but the wich didn't like Vladimir at all so she fights with her sister only because she love her very much.When the fairy borns a baby Morgana takes it and says to the Werewolf that is was actually THEIR baby! Wolfy and Morgana move out to live their life with a "new" member in it. Morgana only did that because she wanted her sister to break up with Vladimir after they lose their baby. Then she would give the baby back to Lily. But she didn't know that the baby was everything for them so after a few days, before Morgana and her "family" move onto another lot, Lily and her husband killed theirselves.
  • Options
    azroxy12azroxy12 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Make a really ugly sim and give her plastic surgery!
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited November 2013
    My suggestions:

Play to your Sims. I had a Mean-Spirited alien that tried to over the world. Her hybrid daughter put a stop to that.

Split your families into different households/saves to alternate between. I tried playing different branches of my family by switching households, but the town started to get taken over by them, so I started moving them to different worlds/saves & alternate playing them. I take turns, even if I don't really want to play one. Staves off burnout for me.

Keep a Simself in your game. It's fun to see my personality Simified. :lol:

Use traits you don't normally use. I generally randomize, but avoid too many "good" or too many "bad" traits at once. A little bit makes things more entertaining or challenging (a Neurotic toddler with a Bonehilda nanny), but I find too many in one Sim make them unmanageable.

Turn High Free Will on and leave them alone every now & then. I controlled their every motion for a long time. Then, I cranked Free Will to high and started leaving alone Sims I was "done with." It can be entertaining to see what they do on their own. ...as long as you don't have an ice cream machine or chicken coop on the lot. :roll:

Edit: grammar
  • Options
    DameIndigoMoonDameIndigoMoon Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I too have become bored with my Sims 3 game (and I have only a few older EPs)so I went to the legacy challenge list for ideas. Now I have a homeless Sim living in a fully redone Hidden Springs.

I also liked the idea of getting all the hidden traits. So now I have a legacy of blond, red-eyed pyromaniacs (aptly named 'Fire Babies') and it's a lot of fun. They run around burning things and turning fruit into flame fruit! :twisted:

Now I think I'll do a whole legacy of really, really clean sims by breeding the sims with maids.

I like the ideas on this thread! Keep it comin'
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm playing a town building legacy challenge in Winfield which is a custom world and perfect for the game I'm playing as my challenge and I'm playing with EA's SP fully disabled to force myself to make the story progression happen manually which is fun,but very challenging.I got bored with the EA's SP always doing the same things over and making messes of my game stories.The rules for my challenge are in a signature link called Winfield.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2013
    you could try a challenge I did this one sometime back when I bored of the game.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/409521.page

or you could try the runaway teen challenge that one is fun, I am currently playing that one in a custom world, with traits I have never used, no cheats at all its challenging but fun.
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited November 2013
    You said you played the sims 1 and 2, so why not recreate a sim that you loved from those games?
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited November 2013
    If you are a builder try demolishing everything in an EA world and rebuild all of the lots! I'm currently doing this with DV.
    Or maybe try learning how to build?

If you enjoy creating sims, give makeovers to all of the sims in your favourite town! The easiest way is to download NRAAS MasterController mod...

If you are the type that just likes to play then try doing all of the challenges in the skill journals or making a sim that specializes in one LTW for each LTW.
    Done that? Give a generations game a try. What I like to do is create one single YA and accomplish their LTW before having a child. When the child is grown up move them out and make them your household, leaving behind your first generation. Save your new single sim to your library and create a new game in a new town depending on the child's traits. For example if your child grows up wanting to be a jockey then move them to Appaloosa Plains.

Done all of those things? I can't help you. ._. I gave it my best shot. :(
  • Options
    alaziamonialaziamoni Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I have generations, pets, island life, late night, university,and seasons. I want to do fun stuff with my family, but i'm unsure what to do. :(
    Is there any way I can take them on a vacation to isla paradiso? I'm tired of staying in the same town. I don't want to move, I just want a change on scenery.
  • Options
    Lawton9309Lawton9309 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2013
    :lol: This has to be one of the best sim character/family ideas i have heard of.
    Make a single female
    Move all females out of the town, and all children, male and or female (if a male teen is close top aging leave him in)
    Make sure your sim is flirty, it'll be easier
    Have her be the girlfriend of every male sim in town and have a baby with them
    As soon as she has their child move the baby into the father's home and move on to the next male
    Soon she'll have the child of every sim in town
    ALSO make turn the age settings up as high as possible, epic then turn them the rest of the way up

I've started this before but she was in the middle of her second pregnancy before I got my new computer and started playing on there, so I'm gonna start again soon :)
  • Options
    kaydencepearsonkaydencepearson Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I think you should get family 3 kids have the guy start dating a striper and the striper get preagnt the wife dousnt know till she is a adult or elder