Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need some new fun sims 3 family ideas?

I've been playing sims since 2000. Since I was in 5th grade I've been playing the sims, Ive gone through the sims 1, 2 and now 3, and have owned every expansion. The sims 3 is the only sims so far where I don't have every expansion.

So that being said I have done every family in and out of the book! I am so bored to death, I think I've got a great idea, I make my sims, move them in and get bored after 5 minutes. I need a new sims 3 family idea!

Here is what I have: Nightlife, Pets, and ambitions.

I don't care what the idea is, I've literally done everything inside and out and I'm craving new ideas! I've been googling idea's all day and everything I have found I've already done.

Also, I don't want something boring like parents and 2 kids, or any generation ideas because I get too bored.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Gleeky321Gleeky321 Posts: 2,995 New Member
    edited December 2011
    have you tried making your sims homeless
  • Options
    LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I really enjoy playing premades because they already come with a storyline. There are some pretty interesting ones too if you read through the bios. I like getting to choose how the premades story continues from wherever EA left it at.

Maybe you could try finding a premade family that interests you? :-)
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have a royal family I made in my studio. The teenager boy seems to have a bony face but he will grow up looking like his dad, so dont worry about it.

also too, I planned all their outfits and hairstyles and everything. They are ready to go and come with almost 900,000 dollars.

they are very rich and very royal. :)
  • Options
    Jdrizzle91Jdrizzle91 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I downloaded sunset valley 2 on to my game from the exchange, it was an open world so I got to place the community buildings wherever I wanted them and it's a lot more fun playing when I feel like the whole world and everything in it is my own (except it really annoys me that paparazzi are EVERYWHERE and none of my sims are even one star on the fame level -_- )
  • Options
    NutellaNinjaNutellaNinja Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Make a single female
    Move all females out of the town, and all children, male and or female (if a male teen is close top aging leave him in)
    Make sure your sim is flirty, it'll be easier
    Have her be the girlfriend of every male sim in town and have a baby with them
    As soon as she has their child move the baby into the father's home and move on to the next male
    Soon she'll have the child of every sim in town
    ALSO make turn the age settings up as high as possible, epic then turn them the rest of the way up

I've started this before but she was in the middle of her second pregnancy before I got my new computer and started playing on there, so I'm gonna start again soon :)
  • Options
    WitchyvaldoraWitchyvaldora Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I have created a Facebook page for this very problem, since I have started having it too... Try it out, try a challenge, or post one for others! Lets get Simmin'!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sims-3-Challenge-Page/342724999079435
  • Options
    ilovethssims3ilovethssims3 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2012
    If your more a one on one person and like challenges try:
    Getting every life state
    Max all skills
    Do every job

And so on. If you like big families then try:

Having a Y.A sim and using ambrosia/life fruit/death flower etc., try and see how many generations you can get through before your 'founder' sim dies. Try it with no cheats if you think they ruin the game, or try having a different baby with each opposite gender of the town.

• Options
    AnneClaire94AnneClaire94 Posts: 195 New Member
    edited February 2012
    thats a cool idea, to get on with 1 sim as long as possible with that ambrosia
    only point is in options you can make a life time form a sim take forever , more than 900 days each part of their life, so if you take that option, i dunno if you need ambrosia :P
  • Options
    aggal2000aggal2000 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I have looked all over the internet to find something to do do/play on the sims 3,
    I've tried creating me and my family and our house, but just got really bored...
    I was thinking of making a vampiry gothic family, I just dont know.. :?

• Options
    LemonyFr3ShLemonyFr3Sh Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey everyone,

I also needed some ideas for my game. I've been playing for 3 years and I don't like playing with the premade families since they are too set into how they were created in the game. I have 2 expansion packs, generations and pets. I cant decide what to do next since Ill start a family and play them for awhile then get bored. I currently have a replica of the Burb family in Sunset Valley and a sim version of myself in Appaloosa Plains. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    thesimsrox123thesimsrox123 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey everyone.

I have been playing the Sims 3 for 1-2 years now and I need some ideas too for my sims game. And I don't like premade families because they are made to suit the town they are in and they get REALLY boring sometimes especially because most of them are plain with just parents and 2 kids. I only have the normal sims but I plan to get generations and maybe pets. I have Riverview and Sunset Valley for towns, I have more but they are downloaded from the exchange and they don't work. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some good ideas for families <3

Thanks (;
  • Options
    sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2012
    I've noticed that a lot of you don't have many expnasion packs which is fine, it's just I do have them all and because it gives you more options I don't get bored as often because there is so much you can do and be. If this is an option for you maybe try and get some more ep's? Like world adventures is good for story making :)
  • Options
    ghostofsimspastghostofsimspast Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2012
    idea 1:
    well you could go back to your first ever household (if you still have it) and just play with them?

idea 2:

you could start removing every household in the town and then create your own one. then make them have kids and so on, and fill the town with their relatives?

idea 3:

Create a sim movie/music video!

idea 4:

build homes

idea 5:
    for fill every lifetime wish

idea 6:
    makeover every household

idea 7:
    make your favorite cast from a tv show

idea 8:
    photoshot

idea 9:

make the best garden

idea 10:
    catch every bug

idea 11:
    be the boss of the business career

idea 12:
    become a hippy and protest!

idea 13:

be popular girl at school

idea 14:

be a bad *** teen sneaking out all the time to party

idea 15:
    be the prime minister

idea 16:

make Paris Hilton and become a 5 star celeb

idea 17:

be a neglected pet

idea 18:
    play with traits that you never choose

idea 19:
    havewoohoo with every sim in town

idea 20:
    have a mega sleepover party!

i hope these helped :oops:

• Options
    FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love the addition of achievements! Read through them...and pick a hard one. You'll achieve others along the way.
  • Options
    GheezGheez Posts: 279 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Why not try some of the challenges on Carl & Pam's Sims 3 forum and compare your scores to the ones achieved by other players?

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html?PHPSESSID=jr7nbacr1i89romf9rc4qd1tb7
  • Options
    ReveryRevery Posts: 166 Member
    edited September 2012
    Have any of you tried downloading a world without streets and playing medieval/tribal style? It's fun :D. I once had a hippy world full of barefooters. Their only source of food were home-grown vegetables & fruits.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited September 2012
    Revery wrote:
    Have any of you tried downloading a world without streets and playing medieval/tribal style? It's fun :D. I once had a hippy world full of barefooters. Their only source of food were home-grown vegetables & fruits.

What a brilliant idea. You can also try putting down any family or choose one from the houses in town. Let them have a baby and hopefully the baby will have an Imaginary friend doll. Choose the doll to be the opposite gender of the baby, make the doll a real sim whenever you like, and start a doll family by letting the doll and the baby marry when they become young adults. It's a great challenge. Then see for how many generations you can keep the doll family going with only dolls!

It can be done. Here is second generation of my doll family:
    Screenshot-9-1.jpg
  • Options
    icloud24icloud24 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2012
    If you have the sims 3 generations i suggest making a single male or female and then get engaged and have a bachelor or bachelorette party and have a wonderful wedding in your backyard. If you don't you should set career to rock star so you have a limo in your inventory then quit your job so you can drive your limo where ever. Also try a ladies man or a family willing to adopt! :)
  • Options
    icloud24icloud24 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Try deleting evrybody but on person in the town!
  • Options
    thelovingprincethelovingprince Posts: 42 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Okay here's a great idea---
    So i made a family with a mom,dad,and baby (have to be a girl) I named the mom Malorey,the dad Logan and the Daughter Angel.Then i made a two story house or apartment and i created another family with a dad,mom,and daughter.The dad name is Henry,The mom is named Jass,the son is named Kendall and the Baby daughter is named Jasmine.And they have two pets named Strawberry is Angels pup and Koda is Kendall's.
    So here's the story.Before Angel was born her mother was pregnant with her and Malorey was very happy so was Logan.So once Angel was born a new family moved in.Jass and Malorey became bffs and Jass found out she was having a baby once Kendall was born (Angel can not know Kendall until they're children) So when Angel grew up into a toddler that's when Strawberry came into the picture as a puppy for Angel (Koda didn't know Strawberry yet) Then Kendall got Koda the next day.So when they grew into children.Malorey died and Angel admitted that she killed her mother because her mom was cooking on the stove and she needed help with homework.Her mom told her to wait,but she whined and whined and the house caught on fire (You get the story) Then Angel's life turned around.Her father abused her and didn't spoiled her anymore.He couldn't even once look at her and even if he tried he would threaten her.Then he began smoking and drinking all of a sudden.Angel on the other hand had her dog Strawberry who was now an adult.Strawberry was always there for her and it seemed like the dog was actually her second mother.
    Later on Angel and Kendall met while Angel was making a snow angel and he wanted to play with her do they became best friends forever--Which turned out to become love for each other.
    So yeah after Malorey died Jass had Jasmine then.Jasmine was always about science and making chemicals to help her brother when he turns into a teen and his almost to be girlfriend Angel.
    They became girlfriend and boyfriend while slow dancing at the spring fair and they suddenly kissed---I thought that was so romantic.
    Anyways Angel won the case at the end of her story.She married Kendall had three kids (Your choice) And Koda and Strawberry had two pup ( again your choice).

Note:
    I have not tried this story yet but i know it's going to be real fun trying it.Also you need seasons to play that's why i haven't tried it i'm waiting for chritmas and i'm getting the game a really want---Seasons!!!!! :D 8) :):lol::wink:
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited December 2012
    Revery wrote:

What a brilliant idea. You can also try putting down any family or choose one from the houses in town. Let them have a baby and hopefully the baby will have an Imaginary friend doll. Choose the doll to be the opposite gender of the baby, make the doll a real sim whenever you like, and start a doll family by letting the doll and the baby marry when they become young adults. It's a great challenge. Then see for how many generations you can keep the doll family going with only dolls!

It can be done. Here is second generation of my doll family:
    Screenshot-9-1.jpg

Okay, I don't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else, but these dolls just flat out creep me out! Besides KPST stuff pack, this is really the only thing in the game I don't like. I think it's a cute idea, but I think once the doll ages a little bit, it should look a little more like a ghost than a corrupted Raggedy Ann. Sorry, just my opinion! :D
  • Options
    SALEEN1423SALEEN1423 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Make a celbretity (spelt that wrong) and have him/her fall in love with like a no-body, make them get married, then have him/her have an affair with somone super rich and famous!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Try the random legacy challenge. It will never get boring...because it's random!

http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    CrazyP3rsonCrazyP3rson Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    What I did last time was:
    Step 1:Make hot guy and girl
    Step 2:Make them have a baby and let them have a happy life until the baby is a teenage
    Step 3:Adopt 4 babies
    Step 4:Five days after baby comes KILL the hot guy and girl
    The teenager will be alone with the babies struggling to get money and the teenage won't have a life,she would be taking care of the babies.:3

CrazyP3rson was here,peace out my peeps! :3
  • Options
    bagley777bagley777 Posts: 171 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I would suggest looking at challenges. There are plenty that aren't generation-based. Some are really unique and fun. Here's a list of all the challenges:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/362585.page

It seperates the generation challanges from the other challanges as well. :) I'd also reccomend thinking about things you haven't done yet in the Sims. Such as building houses, creatng Sims in CAS, certain jobs/LTW wishes you've avoided, etc. Whatever you come up with, good luck!