Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

we are unable to verify sims 3 pets ....***

i have been playing sims 3 pets all last night, i bought it yesterday! after this whole waiting for update stuff, im really getting fed up, i tried to launch it 3 times now to have "we are unable to verify sims 3 pets"

why am i getting this message :x

Comments

• Options
    10ALea10ALea Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    hi i can play with my game but sometimes it comes up with that same message and i think it is very frustrating! :!:
  • Options
    SugarmewSugarmew Posts: 236
    edited December 2011
    You mean this error message?

screenshot20111113at212.png

Just keep restarting the game until it goes away. I know I sound like EA here but that's the only thing I can suggest. You can try repairing the disc but I totally forgot how. I'll try and see if I can find it, but this isn't anything to worry about that much :)
  • Options
    athinasimsathinasims Posts: 157 Member
    edited December 2011
    Repair permissions on your hard drive. Go Finder-Utilities-Disk utility-select your hard drive and perform repair permissions!
    MICHAEL JACKSON XSCAPE
  • Options
    SemlerSemler Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2012
    i have the same prob. i tried the whole repair hard drive thing and its still not helping... getting pretty mad, i love this game but i cant take this anymore please someone HELP!!! :shock:
  • Options
    JessicaKirbyshireJessicaKirbyshire Posts: 18
    edited January 2012
    btw how did you get the sims 3 in a smaller window ?
    Jessica
  • Options
    jrobinsonjrobinson Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Is anyone else getting the message...
    Exception raider: Unhandled page fault on read to 0x0000009c at address 0x007a76b8. Do you wish to debug it? no/ yes.

Then I hit yes and nothing happens?

• Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2012
    I had a lot of unhandled page faults before the last patch. I seem to have less trouble now, but that's probabably because I removed all my EPs/SPs and haven't put them back yet...

Basically it would appear to be a problem with Cider needing more 'space' than your Mac has available. Pets, and the related patch, are making Cider very inefficient, so it will try to access memory that should be there but isn't actually available/loaded up.

On Windows, this is sometimes called a 'hard fault'.

There's not much you can do about it. The fault is with Cider, or actually, with the way Pets functions under Cider.

As for the Disc Authorization Failure - as I said in several other posts, EA should be aware of the issue, since I trashed it out with a third level tech back in 2009 and we already came to the conclusion that it was most likely a problem between the authorization software and certain types/brands of disk drive.
    I'm lucky, I had the problem from patch 1.1 to patch 1.8 or so and haven't had it since then. (I still have a noCD mod just in case the error crops up again...)

EA should by now have published this issue somewhere, the issue is as old as the game itself - it just hits different groups of people at different patch levels.
    Every time it's solved for one group of users, another group gets hit and doesn't know what's happening... I wonder how many people ended up returning their disk because they assumed it was scratched or something.

Anyway, the only solutions are the ones already mentioned - repair your disk permissions, reboot your computer, and try, try again. Eventually it *will* start up. My record number of tries is 15. Back when I still had the issue, I would just start up the game while doing something else - like make preparations for dinner, sort magazines or make some official phone calls. :)
  • Options
    SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited January 2012
    Drowssap, I haven't seen you in ages! I'm not sure you will even see this post, but it was good just seeing you. I don't think you will even remember me from the Create A World forums since it's been a couple of years. I think you left because you got criticized for going off topic on a thread (which happens to me all the time).

Anyway I have a Mac, too, Macbook Pro 2009 era hand me down. I found it often helps if I just eject the disk and blow off any debris and reload it. It may go off alignment from time to time, I think.
  • Options
    jpenguinjpenguin Posts: 17
    edited January 2012
    If crossover-cd_helper id in your login items, it can interfere.
  • Options
    DarkFashionistaDarkFashionista Posts: 196 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm on a PC so this forum is for Mac