Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odd...

... I feel like I'm completely out of the loop :shock: I haven't been present on the forums for a little while and weird things start to happen :lol: What are these new "friend" badges I see? please don't tell me that they're popularity markers because that's the impression that i'm getting... :roll:

Comments

• SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

I think it is something to do with the Friend counter.

Taken from the Community page:

Friend Badge
    Share your love for The Sims with a new friend!

Very Friendly Badge
    What's better than having 1 fellow Simmer friend? How about 10?

Super Friendly Badge
    There's no doubt that you're the Simmer-about-town.

Socialite Badge
    You will definitely have someone to share your Simming experiences with!
  • becciburtbecciburt Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited December 2011
    I am exactly the same Tojax and where are all the old regulars?!
  • LashelleReneeLashelleRenee Posts: 1,178 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I agree wid maniac i think it was just added yesturday (not sure my days blur)

but i think it relates to how many friends you have on your list
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011
    becciburt wrote:
    where are all the old regulars?!

Probably left because i came back for the day. :roll: :lol:
    I think some of them are busy because its the holidays.
  • TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited December 2011
    @ SimsManiac2k9 and LashelleRenee: Thank you for the info :) but I'm still not sure why we would need this... It kind of feels like a popularity contest :P Ok, I'll stop whining now :wink: I just realized that maybe it will relate to the new socializing options that will come out with "showtime"...?

@ becciburt: *waves* hey! :P I'll be online a little bit more often now that I get a week and a half of a Christmas break :mrgreen: As to other regulars, well, I think that many are in the same situation I had to deal with: work and school are dominating our lives and it's hard to find a moment or two to drop by and hang out at the forums... :?
  • ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking that it was about how many friends you had too. Probably something to do with the Showtime EP? I'm not liking all of the new stuff to do with it. I like the theme (kinda), but all of the social stuff is just putting me off :roll:
    edited December 2011
    becciburt wrote:
    where are all the old regulars?!

Probably left because i came back for the day. :roll: :lol:
    I think some of them are busy because its the holidays.

:?: :?: :?
    edited December 2011
    Tojax wrote:
    @ becciburt: *waves* hey! :P I'll be online a little bit more often now that I get a week and a half of a Christmas break :mrgreen: As to other regulars, well, I think that many are in the same situation I had to deal with: work and school are dominating our lives and it's hard to find a moment or two to drop by and hang out at the forums... :?

I have been in the same situation, I just had my last exam yesterday so I can finally come back to the forums
    edited December 2011
    Itzmee wrote:
    I was thinking that it was about how many friends you had too. Probably something to do with the Showtime EP? I'm not liking all of the new stuff to do with it. I like the theme (kinda), but all of the social stuff is just putting me off :roll:

Yeah, I completely understand... I just don't see why a sims game should become a social event. Isn't it more of an individual thing? At least, that's how I see it :P I will probably get the EP anyway. I feel like I missed out on a lot by not buying Pets and I'd like to avoid that disappointment again...
    edited December 2011
    becciburt wrote:
    Tojax wrote:

I have been in the same situation, I just had my last exam yesterday so I can finally come back to the forums

Congrats :D I hope that the exam went well... those things can be stressful beyond imagination :( I'll have mine in January and I'm dreading that moment...
    edited December 2011
    Tojax wrote:
    Yeah, I completely understand... I just don't see why a sims game should become a social event. Isn't it more of an individual thing? At least, that's how I see it :P I will probably get the EP anyway. I feel like I missed out on a lot by not buying Pets and I'd like to avoid that disappointment again...
    I agree. The Sims should be an individual thing. I'll probably get it too. But only for the new things that it comes with :P Not for the social stuff. And you don't have Pets! :shock: It is a pretty good EP. I have only ever played with the pets for about an hour though. I've been stuck building so I haven't had a chance to use it well. The items it comes with are pretty good though :wink:
    edited December 2011
    Itzmee wrote:
    I agree. The Sims should be an individual thing. I'll probably get it too. But only for the new things that it comes with :P Not for the social stuff. And you don't have Pets! :shock: It is a pretty good EP. I have only ever played with the pets for about an hour though. I've been stuck building so I haven't had a chance to use it well. The items it comes with are pretty good though :wink:

I know!!! The clothes that came with Pets are beyond awesome! :mrgreen: I almost cried when I found out my laptop can't handle the graphics... :?
    edited December 2011
    Tojax wrote:
    becciburt wrote:
    Tojax wrote:

Congrats :D I hope that the exam went well... those things can be stressful beyond imagination :( I'll have mine in January and I'm dreading that moment...

They all went fine I think, it is just pretty stressful when you know that they mean so much!

I am sure your exams will be fine! :)
    edited December 2011
    Tojax wrote:
    I know!!! The clothes that came with Pets are beyond awesome! :mrgreen: I almost cried when I found out my laptop can't handle the graphics... :?
    :( Oh no! I hope that you can get to use the EP soon. To be honest, I think it's probably the best EP out...
    edited December 2011
    @ becciburt: Thanks... I hope they work out as well :wink:

@ Itzmee: Don't say that :shock: :? :P I doubt I'll be able to get the EP unless I buy a new computer with a decked out graphics card...
    edited December 2011
    Tojax wrote:
    @Itzmee: Don't say that :shock: :? :P I doubt I'll be able to get the EP unless I buy a new computer with a decked out graphics card...
    Haha, I didn't want to say it. It does cause really long loading times though, and the pets are so hard to take care of (for me anyways) :D
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited December 2011
    It's all part of the new social stuff that will be coming with Showtime. I think so anyway.