Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S3SBrowser - A tool to keep your store purchases organised

Comments

• Options
    joeythesimsfanjoeythesimsfan Posts: 849 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Thankyou so much for this. :)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    New set added.

Don't have any pics yet. Waiting for MrHawk cause his pics are way better than mine anyways.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser/updates

There's also a new version of the program itself. Make sure to backup your inventory files in case something goes wrong.

Changes in the new version:

- On the main menu you will now find a missing item list
    - Items in the item list are now shown alphabetically.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Added the Images.

Thanks to MrHawk. I've also switched out the Technophobe set with MrHawks images. If you want his, redownload.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    schattendiebschattendieb Posts: 78 Member
    edited May 2012
    First of all: Thank you for this awesome program!

Today when I wanted to update the program and started setup I got following error message:
    ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of D:\Die Sims 3 - Sicherungen\Downloads\sims3\helpers\s3sbrowser\S3SBrowser\S3SBrowser.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + You cannot start application S3S Browser from this location because it is already installed from a different location.
    + You cannot start application S3S Browser from location file:///D:/Die%20Sims%203%20-%20Sicherungen/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application it is already installed from location file:///E:/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application. You can start it from location file:///E:/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///D:/Die%20Sims%203%20-%20Sicherungen/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.

file:///D:/Die%20Sims%203%20-%20Sicherungen/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application
    file:///E:/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application. You can start it from location file:///E:/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///D:/Die%20Sims%203%20-%20Sicherungen/Downloads/sims3/helpers/s3sbrowser/S3SBrowser/S3SBrowser.application.

I had to uninstall the program to install the updated one. For me its unlogical to always have to update your program from the same directory?

Also I can't seem to find the new Toyota Prius Plug-In set. There is a single Item for the car though but I couldn't find something for the ArchiveSet (PriusArchiveSet.Sims3Pack). Also the photo is not showing up in program.
    Did you forget to include it?
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    CarPriusPlugIn.Sims3Pack There is the plug-in and the archive stuff is included in Sweet Life Pack, Eco Pack and Celebration Pack so would not need to be included again
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I just entered the single item cause I downloaded it as such :)

Will try the archive to see if there's anything different from before.

There's a tutorial on how to add pictures on my site. You can download them off the EA site yourself for sets (set pictures are kind of difficult ingame)

As for your error: No idea why that happened. From what version did you update ? If you have not updated in a while (the last update was in December, I think), then the name has changed since then and because of that, a re installation was necessary.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    There's a tutorial on how to add pictures on my site. You can download them off the EA site yourself for sets (set pictures are kind of difficult ingame)
    I know how to add pictures, I've added all the compilation/set pictures :wink:
    The picture from the Prius is there and named correctly, but I can not see it in the program.
    crinrict wrote:
    As for your error: No idea why that happened. From what version did you update ? If you have not updated in a while (the last update was in December, I think), then the name has changed since then and because of that, a re installation was necessary.
    The last version was 0_9_2_6, I downloaded it in February this year. So it should be the version right before.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I know how to add pictures, I've added all the compilation/set pictures :wink:
    The picture from the Prius is there and named correctly, but I can not see it in the program.
    crinrict wrote:
    The last version was 0_9_2_6, I downloaded it in February this year. So it should be the version right before.

I found it doing a search for the word hybrid lol but its also found under Items -> Transportation in the browser
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Did you do your own pic or did you download it from my site (the single item) ? It does show in mine, so I don't know what's wrong.

I'll ask hubby about your error message then.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2012
    Crin, if we uninstall the old program and install the new - does this mean all our notes will disappear? Like where I have typed in the dates of purchase and price paid for sets? And will we have to re-mark all our owned items?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That should all be saved in a file with a the extension .inventory. Make a backup of that.

To answer your question: No, those do not disappear with the new version.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    That should all be saved in a file with a the extension .inventory. Make a backup of that.

To answer your question: No, those do not disappear with the new version.

Meep :cry: I guess I did it wrong, all my notes are gone and none of the items are marked as owned.

The only 'inventory' file I found to make a back up of was called 'S3S.Inventories'. I replaced this back-up into the S3S Browser folder but to no avail.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hm. What does it say next to active inventory ? Still the same as always ? Maybe your inventory did not load properly

Do you have another file xxx.S3SInventory (xxx being the name of the inventory) ? I forgot that they are two files. The S3S.Inventories shows all the inventories you have and xxx.S3SInventory (can be multiple) are the files it's actually saved in. Those should not get deleted on updating though.

What maybe happened that the program does not find them anymore. You can open the inventories with Open Inventory and then look for the file on your disk.

I really hope that the file is still somewhere.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    OK, I looked back in the folder which was in my recycling bin and found a file called 'My Inventory', so I restored that and my purchases now show up as owned. But no notes...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    That's weird. Pretty sure they should be in there too. Are you sure it's the newest version of the file ?

We ARE talking about the info in the green box on this pic ?

S3SBrowserItem.jpg
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    We ARE talking about the info in the green box on this pic ?
    Ah, no!

Generally, I would use the 'additional info' part towards the right (above the item pics) as there is no space for typing in notes under complete sets, only on the individual items. Never mind, not to worry. I can check it all under my purchase history and re-do it if I want to.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Need ask hubby. I'm confused.

EDIT: Ah, think I found it. Do you have a file UserData.xml ? That's where that infos should be.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Yay! That did it. Good job I had all those files still in my recycle bin :)

Edit: Forgot to say thank you, how rude of me! Thank you, Crin.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Back all 3 up for future use. Sorry for being unclear in the first place.

You don't need to delete any files when updating.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I have a question for all of you that use the tool.

I have a problem with the Go All In Compilation. The compilations in the Browser usually consist of sets only. But this set also has the pinball machine included which is not in any of the sets that are in this compilation.

This makes it impossible for me to put it in that Compilation with my current structure. Had that problem before with the September compilation that also had Witchin' Spring Ride in which wasn't in any of the sets. Never solved that.

Since EA seems to be a little unsure what they want (they have compilations listed under sets themselves) I'm thinking of ditching the whole compilations thingy and just have sets for everything. There would mean there wasn't a menu Compilation in the browser anymore.

I could also just make those two compilations that are complicated a set and leave the others a compilation but that might confuse people to where those were.

Or I could make some changes in my database structure so that single items in Compilations are allowed.

So, what would you prefer ?

1. Ditch the Compilations
    2. Leave the Compilations to match the EA compilations (all the changes necessary would only be in the background, you wouldn't notice so much
    3. Make the two problematic compilations a set and leave the rest as they are.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Well to me it would be less of a hastle for you to make the two compilations a set? is this correct?.......but there again could this be a new way forward for EA, could they then release these 'problomatic' compilations on a regular basis and if so would it be easier for you to change it now rather than later? eeek I dont really know
  • Options
    MaxQBakerMaxQBaker Posts: 493
    edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    I have a question for all of you that use the tool.

I have a problem with the Go All In Compilation. The compilations in the Browser usually consist of sets only. But this set also has the pinball machine included which is not in any of the sets that are in this compilation.

This makes it impossible for me to put it in that Compilation with my current structure. Had that problem before with the September compilation that also had Witchin' Spring Ride in which wasn't in any of the sets. Never solved that.

Since EA seems to be a little unsure what they want (they have compilations listed under sets themselves) I'm thinking of ditching the whole compilations thingy and just have sets for everything. There would mean there wasn't a menu Compilation in the browser anymore.

I could also just make those two compilations that are complicated a set and leave the others a compilation but that might confuse people to where those were.

Or I could make some changes in my database structure so that single items in Compilations are allowed.

So, what would you prefer ?

1. Ditch the Compilations
    2. Leave the Compilations to match the EA compilations (all the changes necessary would only be in the background, you wouldn't notice so much
    3. Make the two problematic compilations a set and leave the rest as they are.

I love the tool; and would be fine if you ditched the compilations
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I certainly don't mind if you ditch the compilations, I don't tend to look at those anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the feedback. Just talked to hubby about it and he said the code would be a lot easier if I ditched them.

It will take a moment though, so I will release the next data version with the compilation but with the pinball machine missing.

I'm working on it :)
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2012
    When you ditch the compilations, what will happen when we buy a compilation then? Will the Sets include be set as bought?

I would prefer to have the compilations, at least as a set. Couldn't you make all the compilations a set with a special variable or so, that these will be shown at the compilation tab?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top