Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am mourning the loss of my sim's horse. :(

My sim family had a beautiful horse that they raised since she was a foal. I never had any issues playing the game with her as part of my family...until last night.

Every time I tried to interact with the horse, my game would crash. I tried everything...shutting off the game and restarting, shutting off my computer and restarting, deleting my caches, using resetsim on the horse, deleting the box stall (because most of the crashing happened whenever she would try to exit it), playing from a backup save file, etc. Nothing worked. I even tried playing without interacting with her, period. But it still happened. I probably restarted my game at least ten times in the process of trying to debug.

I finally gave up and used 'total annihilation' on her via Twallan's Master Controller mod. I was so sad. :cry:

My game stopped crashing, but then it started doing weird things, such as my sim teenager being taught how to drive, and then suddenly canceling the interaction to start walking across Sunset Valley. She was walking on thin air and walked right through buildings. She wouldn't stop walking, even when I tried to cancel her interaction queue. She kept walking higher and higher into the air, until it looked like she was high enough in the sky to look like she was walking to the heavens. It was very odd. :shock:

At this point I got so fed up with the glitchiness that I gave up on my game for the night.

It's so ridiculously frustrating. I NEVER had problems like this with The Sims 2, and I have all eight expansions for it. I NEVER had to use mods in that game, just to make it work the way it is supposed to. This on top of the new social/online direction this franchise is taking is starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth and makes me want to go back to playing The Sims 2 again. Problem is, my discs are a good 3+ hours away from where I'm currently located. :x

I gave this game so many chances. I feel like last night was the last straw for me. I'm tired of walking on eggshells with this game, wondering when the next glitch is going to happen, and if it will prove fatal to my save and all of the hard work I put into it. It just takes the fun out of playing. :?

/end rant.

Anyone else feel the same way?