Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Exchange - Usability Issues

OkeanosOkeanos Posts: 2 New Member
Good day.

I've looked through the exchange of this website and I have to give some feedback on that. It is unuseable as it is.

Sims 3 allows really simple in-game re-skinning of objects. The customization possibilities of the same object are endless. And now everyone is uploading his/her newest creation online, which is in fact just a new combination of a built-in object with a different built-in texture and/or some adjusted color set. Don't get me wrong some combinatons are not bad, but most of them seem to be wildly combined settings with a serious lack of taste.

So we now end up seeing 1000 variations of the same object (wait some weeks it will be worse soon enough). What I really looking for in the exchange are unique things, things that are not in the game, new or innovative.

The next thing is navigation. The game is just released and there are tons of pseudo-new objects in the exchange. You are just overloaded by the amount and page through the objects 11, 21, 31, 101?, 1001?, ...).

So my proposals so far are:
- Filter between "unique" and "customized/re-skinned" content.
- Grouping all different variations (re-skins) of the same base-object.
- Getting a base-object view to find re-skins easier.
- Quality-based filtering and therefore quality-setting possibility for each item.

-Okeanos